Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris SunFire V240 CPU Heat Sink Replacement Post 302876043 by DustinT on Thursday 21st of November 2013 01:37:03 PM
Old 11-21-2013
You can check Newegg.com and buy pretty much any TIM you want.. There's nothing special about it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cpu replacement. help

very important. can someone tell me the best command to issue on a sun box to bring the system down for a cpu replacement. i dont know if single user mode is right or completely shuttign down the box as in init 0 or something like that. and bringing the box back up would involved physically... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPTRUE
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Solaris 9 on Sunfire V240

Hey guys, I had a Sunfire V240 with Solaris 10 preinstalled but replaced the original 2 -73g harddrives with 2 146g drives now I'm trying to install Solaris 9 which I want to use not 10. Now I keep getting this error: Rebooting with command: boot Boot device: disk0:a File and args: The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Jumpstart Sunfire V240

Hi, I trying to jumpstart SunFire V240 Solaris 10, 2006_01. All the jumpstart files on jumpstart install and boot server are ok (tested on another machine Sun Ultra 10). But this system comes out with: "The file just loaded does not appear to be executable." after "boot net - install" and setting... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jump
0 Replies

4. Hardware

Need Help connecting to sunfire v240

I recently acquired a sunfire v240 and I'm trying to get into it so I can install linux on it. Right now I'm still trying to get a monitor connected so I can do this. I've tried connecting to it with a crossover cable to my laptop (vista and linux equipped). I was able to get a connection... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: QuadRunner750
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Fire V240 server Fan replacement

I have a sun fire v240 server. The output of prtdiag -v shows a failed fan. There are 3 fans for cooling system board. There is 1 fan for each of the powersupply (There are 2 powersupplies) From the below output how do i know which fan is bad and whats its location... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
3 Replies

6. Solaris

SUNFIRE V240 procedure to shutdown with safety in order to replace power cables

Question: Which commands to use to shutdown with safety the server; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: doudou2012
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Solaris 10 on sunfire v240

please help, I am a Linux newbie and I have a sunfire v240 that I got used with the hard drives removed and I am hoping to install Solaris 10 on it to learn. I bought 2 scsi hard drives which are the exact replacement for the machine. I've installed the hard drives and have downloaded Solaris 10... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nodgeman
9 Replies

8. Hardware

Sunfire x4600 M2 NIC replacement

Hi All, I am having an Sun fire X4600 M2 server where one of the interfaces is down. I had requested for the replacement but had a bit problem in identifying the port. As per the server service module, there are 4 NIC ports and one port is not flashing (e1000g0) but as per server, the port... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockyc3400
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Question on selling/unloading Sunfire V240

Over 6 years ago I picked up a Sunfire V240 from my employer who was unloading all of their Sun hardware. Two processors, 4GB RAM and half dozen SCSI disk drives. It doesn't have an OS or a CD Rom/DVD drive. I have a collection of SCSI drives that should work with the server. So if I can get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gandolf989
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Failed to identify flash rom on Sunfire V240 running Solaris 10

Hi Guys, I have performed OBP & ALOM upgrade on V240 system. One of my system, running Solaris 10, having issue to identify flash rom during ALOM 1.6.10 version upgrade (OBP upgraded to latest one). May I know what the reason of this error and how can I fix it so I can upgrade ALOM using... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: myrpthidesis
0 Replies
ACPI(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   ACPI(1)

NAME
acpi - Shows battery status and other ACPI information SYNOPSIS
acpi [options] DESCRIPTION
acpi Shows information from the /proc or the /sys filesystem, such as battery status or thermal information. OPTIONS
-b | --battery show battery information -a | --ac-adapter show ac adapter information -t | --thermal show thermal information -c | --cooling show cooling device information -V | --everything show every device, overrides above options -s | --show-empty show non-operational devices -i | --details show additional details if available: * battery capacity information * temperature trip points -f | --fahrenheit use fahrenheit as the temperature unit instead of default celsius -k | --kelvin use kelvin as the temperature unit instead of default celsius -p | --proc use the old /proc interface, default is the new /sys one -d | --directory <dir> path to ACPI info (either /proc/acpi or /sys/class) -h | --help display help and exit -v | --version output version information and exit AUTHOR
The original version of this manual page was written by Paul Telford <pxt@debian.org> for the Debian system. Newer additions were done by Michael Meskes <meskes@debian.org>. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU GPL. ACPI(1)