Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Yum - resolving missing dependencies that are not missing Post 302876034 by Scott on Thursday 21st of November 2013 12:56:53 PM
Old 11-21-2013
Is python-libs installed?

What's the output of:
Code:
rpm -qi python-libs

(the below is from a 64-bit install of CentOS 5.10, but I imagine the 32-bit version is available in your 32-bit repo...)
Code:
[root@centos510 ~]# yum provides */libpython2.4*
python-libs-2.4.3-56.el5.x86_64 : The libraries for python runtime
Repo        : base
Matched from:
Filename    : /usr/lib64/libpython2.4.so.1.0
Filename    : /usr/lib64/libpython2.4.so

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

what am I missing?

I have the following portion of a script Check() { echo "\n\nChecking that all constraints are Enabled" echo "..." sleep 2 CHECK_COUNT='sqlplus -s $1 <<-EOSQL4 set feed off pause off pages 0 head off; set linesize 150 echo off; select count(*) from user_constraints where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zelp
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Missing Package

Hi All, I have a server running SunOS 5.9, on this I need to install Oracle 10g; however the installer returns ERROR: Unable to convert from "UTF-8" to "646" for NLS! Did some digging around and found that I need the SUNWuiu8 package. However I'm not sure where I can download the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zak
1 Replies

3. Solaris

missing libsunmath.so.1

Hi, I have an application which requires libsunmath.so.1, however; my os version seems to be missing this file (find from root level did not return anything). Version: SunOS 5.10 where can I get this file? thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orahi001
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Missing dependencies updating unixODBC / MySQL Connector

I have installed mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.5-0.i386.rpm and libtools on my Fedora12 system. Updating with yum says that there is nothing to update. Updating with rpm -Uvh mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.7-0.i386.rpm fails with the same missing dependencies as for the 64-bit version. Should I force... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bengbers
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

libjvm.so missing?

Hi I get this error message. Error: failed /usr/openv/java/jre/lib/i386/client/libjvm.so, because libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory I tried doing the yum install libstdc but it didn't find any thing. Any of you know how to install this on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[: missing `]'

Hi, I am getting this error while running the following code. i=`awk '{print $2}' test1.txt` j=`awk '{print $4}' test1.txt` k=`awk '{print $6}' test1.txt` if ; then echo "Up." else echo "down" fi rm -f test.txt test1.txt error is this: line 12: ' Please suggest. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arijitsaha
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Difference in conflict resolving between yum and rpm installs

Hi Guys, I am trying to test installation of a local rpm to my RHEL5 server. I am expecting it to fail as a previous version of the same package name exists. On using rpm -i this behaves as expected but yum install does not pick up the conflict. Here is the element of my SPEC file with the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gazza-o
5 Replies

8. SuSE

How to resolve missing missing dependencies with opensuse 11.3 and 12.3?

Hello, This is a programming question as well as a suse question, so let me know if you think I should post this in programming. I have an application that I compiled under opensuse 12.2 using g77-3.3/g++3.3. The program compiles and runs just fine. I gave the application to a colleague who... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies

9. AIX

Path missing???

Hi, I not familiar with MPIO pathing those stuffs! Can any one please tell me ONE FC card can hold how many paths? I have a stand alone server, where TWO fc card has been configured, In one card i am getting ie., fsci0 im getting 4paths Another card i am getting ie., fsci2 im gettin... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thala
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Yum install ClamAV missing libraries

Hello, I'm currently following a tutorial for ClamAV with a lambda function. The tutorial has a shell script with the following: #!/usr/bin/env bash set -e LAMBDA_FILE="lambda.zip" rm -f ${LAMBDA_FILE} mkdir -p clamav echo "-- Downloading AmazonLinux container --" docker pull... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ottorocket18
1 Replies
DH_PYCENTRAL(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_PYCENTRAL(1)

NAME
dh_pycentral - use the python-central framework to handle Python modules and extensions SYNOPSIS
dh_pycentral [debhelper options] [-n] [-Xitem] [-V version] [module dirs ...] DESCRIPTION
dh_pycentral is a debhelper program that will scan your package, detect public Python modules and move them in /usr/share/pycentral so that python-central can byte-compile those for all supported Python versions. Extensions are kept into the original installation location. Moving the files to the pycentral location and adding symbolic links to /usr/lib/pythonX.Y/*-packages can be done by setting the environment varibale DH_PYCENTRAL to a string containing the string include-links. Moving the files to the pycentral location can be disabled by setting the environment varibale DH_PYCENTRAL to a string containing the string nomove. The functionality to shorten the time of unavailabilty of files during unpack and configure has been removed (symlinking files in the preinst and not removing the symlinked files on upgrade) in version 0.6.9. You must have filled the XS-Python-Version header to indicate the set of python versions that are going to be supported. dh_pycentral expects the XB-Python-Version for each binary package it is supposed to work on. dh_pycentral will also generate substitution variables: the ${python:Provides} variable will contain versioned provides of the package (if the package's name starts with "python-"). A python-foo package could provide "python2.3-foo" and "python2.4-foo" at the same time. Python extensions have to provide those whereas it's only option for pure python modules. The ${python:Versions} variable should be used to provide the required XB-Python-Version field listing the python versions supported by the package. OPTIONS
module dirs If your package installs python modules in non-standard directories, you can make dh_pycentral check those directories by passing their names on the command line. By default, it will check /usr/lib/$PACKAGE, /usr/share/$PACKAGE, /usr/lib/games/$PACKAGE, /usr/share/games/$PACKAGE, /usr/lib/python?.?/site-packages and /usr/lib/python?.?/dist-packages. Note: only /usr/lib/python?.?/site-packages and the extra names on the command line are searched for binary (.so) modules. -V version If the .py files your package ships are meant to be used by a specific pythonX.Y version, you can use this option to specify the desired version, such as 2.3. Do not use if you ship modules in /usr/lib/site-python. With the new policy, this option is mostly deprecated. Use the XS-Python-Field to indicate that you're using a specific python version. -n, --noscripts Do not modify postinst/postrm scripts. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain "item" anywhere in their filename from being taken into account to generate the python dependency. You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude. CONFORMS TO
Python policy, version 0.4.1 (2006-06-20) SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of python-central but is made to work with debhelper. AUTHORS
Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> Also includes bits of the old dh_python written by Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> who used many ideas from Brendan O'Dea <bod@debian.org>. 2011-04-14 DH_PYCENTRAL(1)