Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users UNIX mail blank in the TO address Post 302876020 by kiranparsha on Thursday 21st of November 2013 12:19:23 PM
Old 11-21-2013
Code:
function notify_users_Weekly
{
subject=$1
contents=$2
address=$3
CCaddress=$4

mailx -s """$subject""" """$address""" -c """$CCaddress"""< $contents >> RC=$?
return $RC
}

Last edited by Neo; 11-21-2013 at 01:33 PM.. Reason: Neo: Added code tags.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Tracing an e-mail address

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I thought I'd start here. Not really a Unix question, but I'm hoping the gurus here can help me in an area I know little about. Someone got one of my credit card numbers. Tried to use it to charge a bunch of stuff over the internet. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: denverd0n
4 Replies

2. AIX

Change sender e-mail address

When sending emails to the outside world, aix present itself as d_prod@production1.pdc.itercom.org. This is causing some issue with our e-mail server. So we need to change the name to d_prod@itercom.org... Does any one know how this can be accomplished? Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cchiang12
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

Sending msg From Unix Server to an E-mail Address

Dear Brothers in Unix I would like to change some HP-UX settings in order that the system send a message to root it should be copied to my e-mail address in Microsoft Exchange Server. Please can you help me. Best Regards and thanks in advance Gege (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgege
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pull E-mail address from file, send e-mail

Hello, I am new to perl and need to create a script that will read a file and pull a name from the file and send e-mail. How can I use the following awk statement in a perl script? grep UNIXadmins /root/mail.conf | awk '{ print $2}' and use the output to send a e-mail. Any help would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DC Heard
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix mail with blank line on variable

I am testing a ksh script for email. In the subject/content of the mail there is some dynamic variables like date and charges. However these variables occupied the entire line erase other in that particular line For e.g. there is a mail message: This mail is intent... Your total... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji.rengaraj
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Script to query Active Directory: give cn (NT login name) and receive mail (Email address)

Hi folks I need to write UNIX script (with ldapsearch) to query Active Directory. Input is NT login name and output is Email address. Attached a screenshot of Sysinternals "AD Explorer". I need to do the same in CLI. http://i.imgur.com/4s6FB.png I am absolute LDAP/ldapsearch noob. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail with From Address

hello all When i send an email using "mail" command, it is received by intended receiver but From Adress is getting displayed as user@hostname. Is there any way to change the From address of Email to xxx@bbb.com? Apprecite your response (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forums123456
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail using mail address in a file

I have a file which contains few email address. I have few scripts which use the same mail address. so if any change in mail id like if any user do not want to receive the mail i can just edit a single file instead of many scripts. So i want the scripts to use that file. How can this be done. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpk_newbie
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to send mail with sender mail address and name?

Hi, I am trying to send a mail using "mail" command in unix. I wanted to give sender name and sender address. I tried different options ,but still it shows only mail address(No name). mail -s "Alert mail : Nothing running !!!" $email -- -F"Mail Alert" -fno-reply@alert.com But I am getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaggy
4 Replies
mdbFontEncoding(5)						 The m17n Library						mdbFontEncoding(5)

NAME
mdbFontEncoding - Font Encoding DESCRIPTION
The m17n library loads information about the encoding of each font form the m17n database by the tags <font, encoding>. The data is loaded as a plist of this format. FONT-ENCODING ::= PER-FONT * PER-FONT ::= '(' FONT-SPEC ENCODING [ REPERTORY ] ')' FONT-SPEC ::= '(' [ FOUNDRY FAMILY [ WEIGHT [ STYLE [ STRETCH [ ADSTYLE ]]]]] REGISTRY ')' ENCODING ::= SYMBOL FONT-SPEC is to specify properties of a font. FOUNDRY to REGISTRY are symbols corresponding to Mfoundry to Mregistry property of a font. See m17nFont for the meaning of each property. For instance, this FONT-SPEC: (nil alice0 lao iso8859-1) should be applied to all fonts whose family name is 'alice0 lao', and registry is 'iso8859-1'. ENCODING is a symbol representing a charset. A font matching FONT-SPEC supports all characters of the charset, and a character code is mapped to the corresponding glyph code of the font by this charset. REPERTORY is a symbol representing a charset or 'nil'. Omitting it is the same as specifying ENCODING as REPERTORY. If it is not 'nil', the charset specifies the repertory of the font, i.e, which character it supports. Otherwise, whether a specific character is supported by the font or not is asked to each font driver. For so called Unicode fonts (registry is 'iso10646-1'), it is recommended to specify 'nil' as REPERTORY because such fonts usually supports only a subset of Unicode characters. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 mdbFontEncoding(5)