Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers To run 5 commands at the same time with process from a list Post 302875995 by Corona688 on Thursday 21st of November 2013 10:50:27 AM
Old 11-21-2013
I seriously question the wisdom of this unless your system really does have 15 processors and 15 disks.

If you really want to run dozens like that, put it in a loop.

Code:
for ((X=0; X<15; X++))
do
        [ ! -z "$1" ] && command "$1" &
        shift 1
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Process Run time information

Hello, I am working on Sun Solaris 5.7. I am trying to read the running time of a process through a C program. One way I am reading it is by using the command ps -<pid> -f The other way is from the struct psinfo_t which is there under /proc/pid/psinfo. However, the two times are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hmurali
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run process in certain date and time

hi all! i want to run a process in certain date and hour (like feb 2007 ,hour 3 p.m) how shell i write it my script call cs-update-pr another question :as the script running, will i see it as process ?ho does it run background? and if not - how can i define to him to run background? thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naamas03
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run multiple process at the same time

Hello guys, Look what im doing: I need to run a process from a SERVER1 to SERVER2, SERVER3 and SERVER4. The shell of the process is in each SERVER (2 to 4) So from SERVER1 i do: for i in SERVER2 SERVER3 SERVER4 do rsh $i ' ./process.sh ' done The problem is: each process.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lestat_ecuador
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run several commands at a time

Hello guys, I am new at shell scripting and I want to create a script that runs several commands at a time, ie: uptime, w, df -h and so on and send the output of this commands to a text file so it can be send via email at a certain time using crontab. Any help will be much appreciated! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: agasamapetilon
4 Replies

5. Programming

kill a process which run out of time

hello everybody!! i want ur help! it is urgent!! ... pid=fork(); if(pid==0) { execl(a program); exit(1);} else if (pid>0) { timer(5); //(command 1)timer is a function that count up to 5sec if(kill(pid,0)==0)kill(pid,9);//(command 2) wait(&status); .... } else perror("error");... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run process with nohup every certain time

Hi, I need execute a script every 30 minutes. As might be done without using cron Thx. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pepeli30
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a list of commands in a central location, and then run them all remotely through a ssh here

I'm trying to write a script that in the end will from one central location hop to a bunch of servers and then run a series of ping tests. The thing is, the list of devices that needs to be pinged is going to be different for each server. So what I want to do is be able to do is read through the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run commands at a specific time.

Hello All, I have written a script which which is working fine to a certain logic of it. But i want a part of the script to run two commands at 00:10 hrs every day. These two command are 1. rm -rf /path/to/folder 2. mail the content of a file. How do i achieve this. Thanks. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
4 Replies

9. AIX

List of AIX commands that can be run by ROOT user ONLY

Hello, I am testing sudo and I want to test it. Can anyone please let me know few commands (of course other than shutdown, reboot etc. as I can't reboot the box) on AIX that can be run by ROOT only. Thanks ---------- Post updated at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:38 PM... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to save and run a list of commands?

Dear every one, I am working with the data of my lab program and I have to do many times by the same list of some commands (grep, then save to file, then use awk to delete odd lines, save to file, use awk to delete even lines, save to file...). Is there any way to save a list of command which I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phamnu
4 Replies
pset_ctl(2)							System Calls Manual						       pset_ctl(2)

NAME
pset_ctl() - processor set control SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The function provides a means to query the system processor set configuration and assignment information. The request argument specifies what information is needed for the pset processor set. The following request values are supported: Return the ID of the processor set binding for the calling thread. The pset and id arguments are ignored. Return the ID of the first locality domain contributing to the processor set pset. The id argument is ignored. Return the ID of the first processor in the processor set pset that is in the proximity of the processor specified by id. Even when the processor given by id is enabled, the return value will be -1 if none of the proximate processors contribute to the processor set pset. If the processor given by id is not enabled, -1 is returned. See mpctl(2) for details on proximate processors. Return the ID of the first processor set in the system. The pset and id arguments are ignored. Return the ID of the first processor in the processor set pset. It will return -1 if the processor set is empty. Any processors in the processor set that is in transition are ignored. The id argument is ignored. Return the ID of the next locality domain after the locality domain specified in id that contributes to the processor set pset. Typically, is called to determine the first locality domain in a processor set. is then called in a loop (until the call returns -1) to determine the IDs of the remaining locality domain in the processor set. Return the ID of the next processor in the processor set pset that is in the proximity of the processor specified by id. Typically, is called to determine the first proximate processor. is then called in a loop (until the call returns -1) to deter- mine the IDs of the remaining proximate processors. Return the ID of the next processor set in the system after pset. The id argument is ignored. Typically, is called to determine the first processor set. is then called in a loop (until the call returns -1) to determine the IDs of the remaining processor sets in the system. Return the ID of next processor in the processor set pset after the processor specified in id. Typically, is called to determine the first processor in a processor set. is then called in a loop (until the call returns -1) to determine the IDs of the remaining processors in the processor set. Return the number of locality domains that have at least one processor assigned to the processor set pset. The id argument is ignored. Return the number of processors assigned to the processor set pset that are in the proximity of the processor specified by id. Even when the processor given by id is enabled, the return value will be 0 if none of proximate processors contribute to the processor set pset. If the processor given by id is not enabled, -1 is returned. Return the current number of processor sets in the system. It will always be greater than or equal to one. The pset and id arguments are ignored. Return the number of processors assigned to the processor set pset. Any processors in the processor set that is in transition are not included. The id argument is ignored. Return number of processors contributed by the locality domain specified by id to the processor set pset. Return the ID of the processor set assigned for the processor specified in id. If the processor is not enabled or is in transition from one processor set to another, -1 is returned with an error. The pset argument is ignored. Logical Processor and Processor Core Information On systems with the Hyper-Threading (HT) feature enabled, each processor core may have more than one hyper-thread per physical processor core. When hyper-threading is enabled at the firmware level, each hyper-thread is represented to the operating system and applications as a logical processor (LCPU). Hence the basic unit of any topology information is a logical processor. However, some applications may want to get the system topology information at the physical processor core level. Returns the number of processor cores assigned to the processor set pset. Any processor cores in the processor set that are in transition are not included. The id argument is ignored. Returns the ID of the first processor core in the processor set pset. It will return -1 if the processor set is empty. Any processor cores in the processor set that is in transition are ignored. The id argument is ignored. Returns the ID of the next processor core in the processor set pset after the processor specified in id. Typically, is called to determine the first processor core in a processor set. is then called in a loop (until the call returns -1) to determine the IDs of remaining processor cores in the processor set. Returns the number of enabled processor cores assigned to the processor set pset. Any user may query the system processor set topology using the function. Use with name to see if the processor set functionality is supported by the underlying HP-UX operating system version. RETURN VALUE
returns a value based on on successful completion. Success. The value is based on the request. Failure. is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
sets to one of the following values if the corresponding condition is detected. The request is invalid. The specified processor set pset, or the processor or the locality domain specified by id is invalid. The request is and there is no other processor set after pset, or the request is and there is no other processor after id in pset, or the request is and there is no other locality domain after id in pset, or the request is and there is no other proxi- mate processor after id in pset. The request is or and the processor specified by id is not enabled. The processor set functionality is not supported by the underlying HP-UX version. EXAMPLES
Get total count and IDs of all processor sets in the system. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
psrset(1M), mpctl(2), pset_assign(2), pset_bind(2), pset_create(2), pset_destroy(2), pset_getattr(2), pset_setattr(2), sysconf(2), privi- leges(5). pset_ctl(2)