Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users UNIX mail blank in the TO address Post 302875927 by kiranparsha on Thursday 21st of November 2013 01:44:08 AM
Old 11-21-2013
UNIX mail blank in the TO address

Hi All,

Can we send a mail in unix blank in TO address with CC and BCC.
TO address should be blank
CC should not be blank
BCC should not be blank

thanks,

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Tracing an e-mail address

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I thought I'd start here. Not really a Unix question, but I'm hoping the gurus here can help me in an area I know little about. Someone got one of my credit card numbers. Tried to use it to charge a bunch of stuff over the internet. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: denverd0n
4 Replies

2. AIX

Change sender e-mail address

When sending emails to the outside world, aix present itself as d_prod@production1.pdc.itercom.org. This is causing some issue with our e-mail server. So we need to change the name to d_prod@itercom.org... Does any one know how this can be accomplished? Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cchiang12
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

Sending msg From Unix Server to an E-mail Address

Dear Brothers in Unix I would like to change some HP-UX settings in order that the system send a message to root it should be copied to my e-mail address in Microsoft Exchange Server. Please can you help me. Best Regards and thanks in advance Gege (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgege
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pull E-mail address from file, send e-mail

Hello, I am new to perl and need to create a script that will read a file and pull a name from the file and send e-mail. How can I use the following awk statement in a perl script? grep UNIXadmins /root/mail.conf | awk '{ print $2}' and use the output to send a e-mail. Any help would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DC Heard
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix mail with blank line on variable

I am testing a ksh script for email. In the subject/content of the mail there is some dynamic variables like date and charges. However these variables occupied the entire line erase other in that particular line For e.g. there is a mail message: This mail is intent... Your total... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji.rengaraj
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Script to query Active Directory: give cn (NT login name) and receive mail (Email address)

Hi folks I need to write UNIX script (with ldapsearch) to query Active Directory. Input is NT login name and output is Email address. Attached a screenshot of Sysinternals "AD Explorer". I need to do the same in CLI. http://i.imgur.com/4s6FB.png I am absolute LDAP/ldapsearch noob. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail with From Address

hello all When i send an email using "mail" command, it is received by intended receiver but From Adress is getting displayed as user@hostname. Is there any way to change the From address of Email to xxx@bbb.com? Apprecite your response (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forums123456
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail using mail address in a file

I have a file which contains few email address. I have few scripts which use the same mail address. so if any change in mail id like if any user do not want to receive the mail i can just edit a single file instead of many scripts. So i want the scripts to use that file. How can this be done. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpk_newbie
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to send mail with sender mail address and name?

Hi, I am trying to send a mail using "mail" command in unix. I wanted to give sender name and sender address. I tried different options ,but still it shows only mail address(No name). mail -s "Alert mail : Nothing running !!!" $email -- -F"Mail Alert" -fno-reply@alert.com But I am getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaggy
4 Replies
NET(5)								File Formats Manual							    NET(5)

NAME
net - format of .net files read/written by Magic's netlist editor DESCRIPTION
Netlist files are read and written by Magic's netlist editor in a very simple ASCII format. The first line contains the characters `` Netlist File'' (the leading blank is important). After that comes a blank line and then the descriptions of one or more nets. Each net contains one or more lines, where each line contains a single terminal name. The nets are separated by blank lines. Any line that is blank or whose first character is blank is considered to be a separator line and the rest of its contents are ignored. Each terminal name is a path, much like a file path name in Unix. It consists of one or more fields separated by slashes. The last field in the path is the name of a label in a cell. The other fields (if any), are cell instance identifiers that form a path from the edit cell down to the label. The first instance identifier must name a subcell of the edit cell, the second must be a subcell of the first, and so on. Instance identifiers are unique within their parent cells, so a terminal path selects a unique cell to contain the label. However, the same label may appear multiple times within its cell. When this occurs, Magic assumes that the identical labels identify electrically equivalent terminals; it will choose the closest of them when routing to that terminal. Further, after connecting to one of these termi- nals Magic may take advantage of the internal wiring connecting them together and route through a cell to complete the net's wiring. An example netlist file follows below. It contains three distinct nets. ---------------------------------------- Netlist File alu/bit_1/cout alu/bit_2/cin regcell[21,2]/output latch[2]/input This line starts with a blank, so it's a separator. opcode_pla/out6 shifter/drivers/shift2 ---------------------------------------- SEE ALSO
magic(1) 4th Berkeley Distribution NET(5)