Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting BASH- Need help pulling data from .emlx Post 302875920 by sudo on Wednesday 20th of November 2013 09:48:21 PM
Old 11-20-2013
This helps me with my first step, thank you. Can you explain the characters used?
Code:
 "$filename\tFAIL\t\n"
         "$filename\t\tOK\n"

I'm trying to make sense of the "t" and "OK" used. I understand the rest.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling data and following lines from file

I saw a few posts close to what i want to do, but they didn't look like they would work exactly.. or I need to think out of the box on this. I have a file that I keep server stats in for my own performance analysis. this file has the output from many commands in it (uptime, vmstats, ps, swap... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP to server, pulling data and removing the data

Hi all, I have the following script, but are not too sure about the syntax to complete the script. In essence, the script must connect to a SFTP server at a client site with username and password located in a file on my server. Then change to the appropriate directory. Pull the data to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: codenjanod
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script pulling variable from query_string

I have a variable embedded in a long string called "commands" coming in on a query_string. I need to copy the string to a file with the variable $loop1 converted before it writes. Right now, it writes the varible itself instead of what it should be. QUERY_STRING... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: numele
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with pulling / filtering data from a .csv

Good day Gurus, I have a csv file that contains an inventory of active servers. This csv file contains a well over a hundred systems (IBM, SUN, HP). It also contains those systems details. See below for an example hostA,invver,1.02,20100430 hostA,date,08/30/2010,06:18 hostA,use,"Unknown... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LuffyDMonkey
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic bash -- pulling files from an FTP server

Hi guys. Very new to this so apologies if this is ridiculously obvious, but I am not sure why this isn't working. I want to pull a file off an FTP server. I currently do it through windows, which is no problem, but I want to move everything to a Linux box I just installed. wget won't work as the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: majormajormajor
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling data from xml

Hi there, Please could anyone help with this. I have an xml file that contains repeating values eg <Rule name> AAAAA <Action> BBBBB </Action> <Data> CCCCC </Data> <Type> DDDDD </Type> </Rule name> <Rule name> A1A1A1A1 <Action> B1B1B1B1 </Action> <Data> C1C1C1C </Data> <Type>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssideel
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling Data, Then Moving to the Next File

I'm scanning a list of emails- I need to pull 2 pieces of data, then move to the next file: Sender's Email Address Email Date I need these to be outputted into a single column- separated by a ",". Like this: Email1's Address, Email1's Date Stamp Email2's Address, Email2's Date Stamp... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudo
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling information from a data file by date

awk -v now="$(date +%s)" -v tDiff="${USERMINUTES}" ' BEGIN { FS="=" if (!now) now=systime() if (!tDiff) tDiff=60*60 p=1 } /{/ {rec=$0;p=1;next} /}/ && rec && p {print rec ORS $0;next} $1=="entry_time" { if (now-$2>tDiff)p=0 } {rec=rec ORS $0}'... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash: Pulling first and last character in string

I am writing a bash script that will find all references to the “Well_List” in the “Comp_File”. I am filtering a Well_List that contains the following: TEST_WELL_01 TEST_WELL_02 TEST_WELL_11 TEST_WELL_22 GOV_WELL_1 GOV_WELL_201 PUB_WELL_57 PUB_WELL_82 . . Comparison... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: petfyp
5 Replies
BOSSKILL(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       BOSSKILL(8)

NAME
bosskill - send a signal to your boss, or terminate your boss SYNOPSIS
bosskill [ -signal ] <bossname> DESCRIPTION
bosskill sends the TERM (terminate, 15) signal to the boss with the specified bossname. If a signal name or number preceded by `-' is given as the first argument, that signal is sent instead of terminate. The killed boss must be in the system administrator's supervisory chain. The following is a list of all signals with names as in the include file <signal.h>: SIGHUP 1 hangup. Forces bossname to re-read his/her job description and figure out that he/she knows squat about sysadmin work or life, in general. SIGINT 2 interrupt. Prevents the bossname from interrupting the sysadmin for one hour. SIGQUIT 3 quit. Causes the boss to quit his/her job with no explanation. SIGILL 4 illegal instruction. Makes the boss believe the last instruction he/she gave was illegal, so he/she withdraws it. SIGTRAP 5 trace trap. Display the exact location of the boss. SIGABRT 6 abort. Makes the boss go home and try again tomorrow. SIGKILL 9 kill. Game over. SIGBUS 10 bus error. Boss's transportation fails on the way to work. SIGSEGV 11 segmentation violation. Boss realizes he/she is trying to do something for which he/she is not quailified and stops. SIGSYS 12 bad argument. Boss loses. SIGPIPE 13 smoke pipe. Boss samples some green leafy substance and mellows out. SIGALRM 14 alarm. Boss is startled and falls over. Best used when boss is walking next to his/her boss. SIGTERM 15 termination signal. Boss is fired. BUGS
Sending a SIGABRT to a boss that is already home will cause him/her to walk aimlessly in circles for two hours. HISTORY
Written by Eric L. Pederson <eric@bofh.org.uk>. 27 September 1995 BOSSKILL(8)