Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: OS X & VPN DNS Issue
Special Forums IP Networking OS X & VPN DNS Issue Post 302875837 by Neo on Wednesday 20th of November 2013 12:46:14 PM
Old 11-20-2013
Maybe there is a firewall somewhere in the VPN configuration which is blocking?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

VPN Issue

Hi all I wish to connect to my works network via a vpn which they have setup. the only trouble is it is more windows friendly than unix. By this I mean connecting via windows everything is automatically setup (routes etc) - not so with linux. I am a relative newbie with respect to vpn routing so... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: silvaman
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

internal routing & vpn

hi there. i got a vpn working. this is what happens: remote pc ----(vpn/INTERNET)----vpn server--(redirect)---webapp (internal network) real: 200.12.15.20 200.20.45.123 vpn: 10.8.0.2 10.8.0.1 internal: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wachichornia
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP, DNS & BIND

Hi GURUs, I have two queries. 1)I know I can use FTP clients for my File transfer needs, but I want to learn FTP thru command line, any one can point me to some good online resource available to learn FTP command line with examples, of course free except UNIX man pages. 2) Our company has... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patras
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DNS & DHCP configuration

Hi to all. Sorry for my bad english. For pure self-educational, not professional, purposes, I am studying how to configure a server with several services operating on it. For my experiment I'm using VirtualBox 3.1.4 on a WinXP host with 3 FreeBSD guests; one acts as a DHCP + DNS server; the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marboxer
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

DHCP & DNS - Clients get IP but don't register in DNS

I am trying to setup a CentOS 6.2 server that will be doing 3 things DHCP, DNS & Samba for a very small office (2 users). The idea being this will replace a very old Win2k server. The users are all windows based clients so only the server will be Linux based. I've installed CentOS 6.2 with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FireBIade
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

iptables & port 53 (DNS)

Hi, I have a newly built RHEL5 OS that is unable to talk to the DNS server. I am unable to telnet resolv.conf entry over port 53 but apparently this port has been opened. # telnet 209.212.96.1 53 and..... # dig www.google.com ; <<>> DiG 9.3.6-P1-RedHat-9.3.6-4.P1.el5_4.2 <<>>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
9 Replies

7. HP-UX

HP-UX DNS issue

Hi All, I'm having some problems with our HP-UX environment. I'm running Oracle EBS on a HP-UX system, and whenever my primary dns server goes down some of my clients can no longer connect. Everything on my windows side continues to work, and clients can reach the internet and other services... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: agonza07
6 Replies

8. IP Networking

VPN Server & Client

First of all, hello. I have a problem installing a vpn server and client. My server is a computer running windows 7, and windows, running a virtual machine running debian. In the debian system, I've the vpn server installed (SoftEther VPN Server) The problems come when I try to connect to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blues23
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

VPN issue on Linux:

I was using PureVPN (with openvpn) on my windows machines and thought I'd try setting that up on linux mint 19.1 (xfce 32 bit). I followed complete installation process given on their website and all was working fine until I had to move the renamed config file into the openvpn folder. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ericaustin
2 Replies
fwb_pix(1)							 Firewall Builder							fwb_pix(1)

NAME
fwb_ipt - Policy compiler for Cisco PIX SYNOPSIS
fwb_pix -fdata_file.xml [-V] [-dwdir] [-i] [-v] [-xc] [-xt] object_name DESCRIPTION
fwb_pix is firewall policy compiler component of Firewall Builder (see fwbuilder(1)). Compiler reads objects definitions and firewall description from the data file specified with "-f" option and generates resultant Cisco PIX configuration file. The configuration is writ- ten to the file with the name the same as the name of the firewall object, plus extension ".fw". The data file and the name of the firewall objects must be specified on the command line. Other command line parameters are optional. OPTIONS
-f FILE Specify the name of the data file to be processed. -d wdir Specify working directory. Compiler creates file with PIX configuration in this directory. If this parameter is missing, then PIX configuration will be placed in the current working directory. -v Be verbose: compiler prints diagnostic messages when it works. -V Print version number and quit. -i When this option is present, the last argument on the command line is supposed to be firewall object ID rather than its name -xc When output file name is determined automatically (i.e. flags -o or -O are not present), the file name is composed of the cluster name and member firewall name rather than just member firewall name. This is used mostly for testing when the same member firewall object can be a part of different clusters with different configurations. -xt This flag makes compiler treat all fatal errors as warnings and continue processing rules. Generated configuration script most likely will be incorrect but will include error message as a comment; this flag is used for testing and debugging. URL
Firewall Builder home page is located at the following URL: http://www.fwbuilder.org/ BUGS
Please report bugs using bug tracking system on SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=5314&atid=105314 SEE ALSO
fwbuilder(1), fwb_ipf(1), fwb_ipt(1) fwb_pf(1) FWB
fwb_pix(1)