Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: OS X & VPN DNS Issue
Special Forums IP Networking OS X & VPN DNS Issue Post 302875837 by Neo on Wednesday 20th of November 2013 12:46:14 PM
Old 11-20-2013
Maybe there is a firewall somewhere in the VPN configuration which is blocking?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

VPN Issue

Hi all I wish to connect to my works network via a vpn which they have setup. the only trouble is it is more windows friendly than unix. By this I mean connecting via windows everything is automatically setup (routes etc) - not so with linux. I am a relative newbie with respect to vpn routing so... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: silvaman
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

internal routing & vpn

hi there. i got a vpn working. this is what happens: remote pc ----(vpn/INTERNET)----vpn server--(redirect)---webapp (internal network) real: 200.12.15.20 200.20.45.123 vpn: 10.8.0.2 10.8.0.1 internal: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wachichornia
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP, DNS & BIND

Hi GURUs, I have two queries. 1)I know I can use FTP clients for my File transfer needs, but I want to learn FTP thru command line, any one can point me to some good online resource available to learn FTP command line with examples, of course free except UNIX man pages. 2) Our company has... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patras
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DNS & DHCP configuration

Hi to all. Sorry for my bad english. For pure self-educational, not professional, purposes, I am studying how to configure a server with several services operating on it. For my experiment I'm using VirtualBox 3.1.4 on a WinXP host with 3 FreeBSD guests; one acts as a DHCP + DNS server; the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marboxer
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

DHCP & DNS - Clients get IP but don't register in DNS

I am trying to setup a CentOS 6.2 server that will be doing 3 things DHCP, DNS & Samba for a very small office (2 users). The idea being this will replace a very old Win2k server. The users are all windows based clients so only the server will be Linux based. I've installed CentOS 6.2 with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FireBIade
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

iptables & port 53 (DNS)

Hi, I have a newly built RHEL5 OS that is unable to talk to the DNS server. I am unable to telnet resolv.conf entry over port 53 but apparently this port has been opened. # telnet 209.212.96.1 53 and..... # dig www.google.com ; <<>> DiG 9.3.6-P1-RedHat-9.3.6-4.P1.el5_4.2 <<>>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
9 Replies

7. HP-UX

HP-UX DNS issue

Hi All, I'm having some problems with our HP-UX environment. I'm running Oracle EBS on a HP-UX system, and whenever my primary dns server goes down some of my clients can no longer connect. Everything on my windows side continues to work, and clients can reach the internet and other services... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: agonza07
6 Replies

8. IP Networking

VPN Server & Client

First of all, hello. I have a problem installing a vpn server and client. My server is a computer running windows 7, and windows, running a virtual machine running debian. In the debian system, I've the vpn server installed (SoftEther VPN Server) The problems come when I try to connect to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blues23
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

VPN issue on Linux:

I was using PureVPN (with openvpn) on my windows machines and thought I'd try setting that up on linux mint 19.1 (xfce 32 bit). I followed complete installation process given on their website and all was working fine until I had to move the renamed config file into the openvpn folder. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ericaustin
2 Replies
APF(1)							      General Commands Manual							    APF(1)

NAME
apf - easy iptables based firewall system SYNOPSIS
apf DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the apf command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Advanced Policy Firewall (APF) is an iptables (netfilter) based firewall system designed around the essential needs of today's Internet deployed servers and the unique needs of custom deployed Linux installations. The configuration of APF is designed to be very informative and present the user with an easy to follow process, from top to bottom of the configuration file. The management of APF on a day-to-day basis is conducted from the command line with the 'apf' command, which includes detailed usage information and all the features one would expect from a current and forward thinking firewall solution. OPTIONS
apf follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -s|--start load all firewall rules -r|--restart stop (flush) & reload firewall rules -l|--list list all firewall rules -t|--status output firewall status log -e|--refresh refresh & resolve dns names in trust rules -a <HOST CMT|--allow <HOST COMMENT> add host (IP/FQDN) to allow_hosts.rules and immediately load new rule into firewall -d <HOST CMT|--deny <HOST COMMENT> add host (IP/FQDN) to deny_hosts.rules and immediately load new rule into firewall -u <HOST>|--remove <HOST> remove host from [glob]*_hosts.rules and immediately remove rule from firewall -o|--ovars output all configuration options COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2007, R-fx Networks <proj@r-fx.org> Copyright (C) 2007, Ryan MacDonald <ryan@r-fx.org> This program may be freely redistributed under the terms of the GNU GPL This manual page was written by Giuseppe Iuculano <giuseppe@iuculano.it>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). August 17, 2008 APF(1)