Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: OS X & VPN DNS Issue
Special Forums IP Networking OS X & VPN DNS Issue Post 302875837 by Neo on Wednesday 20th of November 2013 12:46:14 PM
Old 11-20-2013
Maybe there is a firewall somewhere in the VPN configuration which is blocking?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

VPN Issue

Hi all I wish to connect to my works network via a vpn which they have setup. the only trouble is it is more windows friendly than unix. By this I mean connecting via windows everything is automatically setup (routes etc) - not so with linux. I am a relative newbie with respect to vpn routing so... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: silvaman
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

internal routing & vpn

hi there. i got a vpn working. this is what happens: remote pc ----(vpn/INTERNET)----vpn server--(redirect)---webapp (internal network) real: 200.12.15.20 200.20.45.123 vpn: 10.8.0.2 10.8.0.1 internal: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wachichornia
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP, DNS & BIND

Hi GURUs, I have two queries. 1)I know I can use FTP clients for my File transfer needs, but I want to learn FTP thru command line, any one can point me to some good online resource available to learn FTP command line with examples, of course free except UNIX man pages. 2) Our company has... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patras
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DNS & DHCP configuration

Hi to all. Sorry for my bad english. For pure self-educational, not professional, purposes, I am studying how to configure a server with several services operating on it. For my experiment I'm using VirtualBox 3.1.4 on a WinXP host with 3 FreeBSD guests; one acts as a DHCP + DNS server; the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marboxer
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

DHCP & DNS - Clients get IP but don't register in DNS

I am trying to setup a CentOS 6.2 server that will be doing 3 things DHCP, DNS & Samba for a very small office (2 users). The idea being this will replace a very old Win2k server. The users are all windows based clients so only the server will be Linux based. I've installed CentOS 6.2 with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FireBIade
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

iptables & port 53 (DNS)

Hi, I have a newly built RHEL5 OS that is unable to talk to the DNS server. I am unable to telnet resolv.conf entry over port 53 but apparently this port has been opened. # telnet 209.212.96.1 53 and..... # dig www.google.com ; <<>> DiG 9.3.6-P1-RedHat-9.3.6-4.P1.el5_4.2 <<>>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
9 Replies

7. HP-UX

HP-UX DNS issue

Hi All, I'm having some problems with our HP-UX environment. I'm running Oracle EBS on a HP-UX system, and whenever my primary dns server goes down some of my clients can no longer connect. Everything on my windows side continues to work, and clients can reach the internet and other services... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: agonza07
6 Replies

8. IP Networking

VPN Server & Client

First of all, hello. I have a problem installing a vpn server and client. My server is a computer running windows 7, and windows, running a virtual machine running debian. In the debian system, I've the vpn server installed (SoftEther VPN Server) The problems come when I try to connect to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blues23
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

VPN issue on Linux:

I was using PureVPN (with openvpn) on my windows machines and thought I'd try setting that up on linux mint 19.1 (xfce 32 bit). I followed complete installation process given on their website and all was working fine until I had to move the renamed config file into the openvpn folder. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ericaustin
2 Replies
Net::Config(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					  Net::Config(3pm)

NAME
Net::Config - Local configuration data for libnet SYNOPSYS
use Net::Config qw(%NetConfig); DESCRIPTION
"Net::Config" holds configuration data for the modules in the libnet distribution. During installation you will be asked for these values. The configuration data is held globally in a file in the perl installation tree, but a user may override any of these values by providing their own. This can be done by having a ".libnetrc" file in their home directory. This file should return a reference to a HASH containing the keys described below. For example # .libnetrc { nntp_hosts => [ "my_preferred_host" ], ph_hosts => [ "my_ph_server" ], } __END__ METHODS
"Net::Config" defines the following methods. They are methods as they are invoked as class methods. This is because "Net::Config" inherits from "Net::LocalCfg" so you can override these methods if you want. requires_firewall HOST Attempts to determine if a given host is outside your firewall. Possible return values are. -1 Cannot lookup hostname 0 Host is inside firewall (or there is no ftp_firewall entry) 1 Host is outside the firewall This is done by using hostname lookup and the "local_netmask" entry in the configuration data. NetConfig VALUES nntp_hosts snpp_hosts pop3_hosts smtp_hosts ph_hosts daytime_hosts time_hosts Each is a reference to an array of hostnames (in order of preference), which should be used for the given protocol inet_domain Your internet domain name ftp_firewall If you have an FTP proxy firewall (NOT an HTTP or SOCKS firewall) then this value should be set to the firewall hostname. If your firewall does not listen to port 21, then this value should be set to "hostname:port" (eg "hostname:99") ftp_firewall_type There are many different ftp firewall products available. But unfortunately there is no standard for how to traverse a firewall. The list below shows the sequence of commands that Net::FTP will use user Username for remote host pass Password for remote host fwuser Username for firewall fwpass Password for firewall remote.host The hostname of the remote ftp server 0 There is no firewall 1 USER user@remote.host PASS pass 2 USER fwuser PASS fwpass USER user@remote.host PASS pass 3 USER fwuser PASS fwpass SITE remote.site USER user PASS pass 4 USER fwuser PASS fwpass OPEN remote.site USER user PASS pass 5 USER user@fwuser@remote.site PASS pass@fwpass 6 USER fwuser@remote.site PASS fwpass USER user PASS pass 7 USER user@remote.host PASS pass AUTH fwuser RESP fwpass ftp_ext_passive ftp_int_passive FTP servers can work in passive or active mode. Active mode is when you want to transfer data you have to tell the server the address and port to connect to. Passive mode is when the server provide the address and port and you establish the connection. With some firewalls active mode does not work as the server cannot connect to your machine (because you are behind a firewall) and the firewall does not re-write the command. In this case you should set "ftp_ext_passive" to a true value. Some servers are configured to only work in passive mode. If you have one of these you can force "Net::FTP" to always transfer in passive mode; when not going via a firewall, by setting "ftp_int_passive" to a true value. local_netmask A reference to a list of netmask strings in the form "134.99.4.0/24". These are used by the "requires_firewall" function to determine if a given host is inside or outside your firewall. The following entries are used during installation & testing on the libnet package test_hosts If true then "make test" may attempt to connect to hosts given in the configuration. test_exists If true then "Configure" will check each hostname given that it exists perl v5.16.3 2014-06-17 Net::Config(3pm)