Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Split XML file based on tags
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Split XML file based on tags Post 302875763 by Yoda on Wednesday 20th of November 2013 10:23:01 AM
Old 11-20-2013
Another awk approach:
Code:
awk 'NR%3==1{close(f);f="file"++c".xml"}{print > f}' file.xml

This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to split XML file

Hi, I'm experiencing difficulty in loading an XML file to an Oracle destination table.I keep running into a memory problem due to the large size of the file. I want to split the XML file into several smaller files based on the keyword(s)/tags : '' and '' and would like to use a Unix shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bayflash27
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract a specific number from an XML file based on the start and end tags

Hello People, I have the following contents in an XML file ........... ........... .......... ........... <Details = "Sample Details"> <Name>Bob</Name> <Age>34</Age> <Address>CA</Address> <ContactNumber>1234</ContactNumber> </Details> ........... ............. .............. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushant172
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to split a xml file in proper format

Hi, I have a file which has xml data but all in single line Ex - <?xml version="1.0"?><User><Name>Robert</Name><Location>California</Location><Occupation>Programmer</Occupation></User> I want to split the data in proper xml format Ex- <?xml version="1.0"?> <User> <Name>Robert</Name>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: avishek007
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

split XML file into multiple files based on pattern

Hello, I am using awk to split a file into multiple files using command: nawk '{ if ( $1 == "<process" ) { n=split($2, arr, "\""); file=arr } print > file }' processes.xml <process name="Process1.process"> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split xml file into many

Hi, I had a scenario need a help as I am new to this. I have a xml file employee.xml with the below content. <Organisation><employee>xxx</employee><employee>yyy</employee><employee>zzz</employee></Organisation> I want to split the file into multiple file as below. Is there a specifice way... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mankuar
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split XML file

Hi Experts, Can you please help me to split following XML file based on new Order ? Actual file is very big. I have taken few lines of it. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?> <Orders xmlns='http://www.URL.com/Orders'> <Order> <ORDNo>450321</ORDNo> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetmedude
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : to split the tags from xml file

I do have an xml sheet as below where I need the perl script to filter only the hyperlink tags. <cols><col min="1" max="1" width="30.5703125" customWidth="1"/><col min="2" max="2" width="7.140625" bestFit="1" customWidth="1"/> <col min="3" max="3" width="32.28515625" bestFit="1"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Splitting a Large XML file based on size AND tags

Hi All, This is my first post here. Hoping to share and gain knowledge from this great forum !!!! I've scanned this forum before posting my problem here, but I'm afraid I couldn't find any thread that addresses this exact problem. I'm trying to split a large XML file (with multiple tag... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aviktheory11
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split xml file into multiple xml based on letterID

Hi All, We need to split a large xml into multiple valid xml with same header(2lines) and footer(last line) for N number of letterId. In the example below we have first 2 lines as header and last line as footer.(They need to be in each split xml file) Header: <?xml version="1.0"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue splitting file based on XML tags

more a-d.txt1 <a-dets> <a-serv> <aserv>mymac14,mymac15:MYAPP:mydom:/web/domain/mydom/config <NMGR>:MYAPP:/web/bea_apps/perf/NMGR/NMGR1034 <a-rep-string> 11.12.10.01=192.10.00.26 10.20.18.10=192.10.00.27 </a-rep-string> </a-serv> <w-serv>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
CRM_DIFF(8)							  [FIXME: manual]						       CRM_DIFF(8)

NAME
crm_diff - identify changes to the cluster configuration and apply patches to the configuration files SYNOPSIS
crm_diff [-?|-V] [-o filename] [-O string] [-p filename] [-n filename] [-N string] DESCRIPTION
The crm_diff command assists in creating and applying XML patches. This can be useful for visualizing the changes between two versions of the cluster configuration or saving changes so they can be applied at a later time using cibadmin. OPTIONS
--help, -? Print a help message. --original filename, -o filename Specify the original file against which to diff or apply patches. --new filename, -n filename Specify the name of the new file. --original-string string, -O string Specify the original string against which to diff or apply patches. --new-string string, -N string Specify the new string. --patch filename, -p filename Apply a patch to the original XML. Always use with -o. --cib, -c Compare or patch the inputs as a CIB. Always specify the base version with -o and provide either the patch file or the second version with -p or -n, respectively. --stdin, -s Read the inputs from stdin. EXAMPLES
Use crm_diff to determine the differences between various CIB configuration files and to create patches. By means of patches, easily reuse configuration parts without having to use the cibadmin command on every single one of them. 1. Obtain the two different configuration files by running cibadmin on the two cluster setups to compare: cibadmin -Q > cib1.xml cibadmin -Q > cib2.xml 2. Determine whether to diff the entire files against each other or compare just a subset of the configurations. 3. To print the difference between the files to stdout, use the following command: crm_diff -o cib1.xml -n cib2.xml 4. To print the difference between the files to a file and create a patch, use the following command: crm_diff -o cib1.xml -n cib2.xml > patch.xml 5. Apply the patch to the original file: crm_diff -o cib1.xml -p patch.xml FILES
/var/lib/heartbeat/crm/cib.xml--the CIB (minus status section) on disk. Editing this file directly is strongly discouraged. SEE ALSO
??? AUTHOR
crm_diff was written by Andrew Beekhof. [FIXME: source] 07/05/2010 CRM_DIFF(8)