Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to pick the latest file with date as one among the file name.( not exactly present date.)? Post 302875719 by applepie on Wednesday 20th of November 2013 08:37:49 AM
Old 11-20-2013
but it partially solves..

it is picking up second file, instead of 3rd

---------- Post updated at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:52 AM ----------

never mind..

i have used | sort -nr | at the end.

which picked up 3 rd file..

thanks!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get the latest file by reading the date in the filename.

Hi, I grep for a pattern in a list of files. "grep -i -l $pattern *.datx*" it may give me n number of files. say for eg, it gives me 2 files. lock_eicu_20071228_00000000.dat_20071228_05343100 lock_eicu_20080501_00000000.dat_20080501_05343900 out of these 2 files I need to get the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prsshini
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep latest file based on date.

hi all, not sure if this has been posted b4 but i try to search but not valid. this is my question: when i do a ls -ltr there will be a list generated as follows: -rw-r--r-- 1 root sys 923260 Jan 10 04:38 FilePolling.41025.083TL021.xml -rw-r--r-- 1 root sys 1761337 Jan 10 04:40... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

RSYNC syntax for pushing file with latest system date

OK, I am a little new to AIX 5.3 and also to scripting. I have a shell script that I wrote and am having difficulty pushing specific files by the system date. Here is my script: #!/usr/bin/sh RSYNC=/usr/local/bin/rsync SSH=/usr/local/bin/ssh KEY=<path> somekey.key RUSER=mike... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tfort73
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pick out the various extension file from log of the same date

extension file from log (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NehaKrish
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selecting the file of latest Date

Hi Folks, I have one query that there is a folder in which daily several logs files are getting created , I reached to that location through putty but what I observer that 10 files of different date are been created with same name , what I need to see is the latest file ...let say the location is ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KAREENA18
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script pick elements according to the date in file

Hello, i am having file details having elements mentioned below Asia jan 18 Europe Jan 19 America Jan 20 I made script but it picks all the elements, i want to pick the elements according to the date to run the script i made cron job. Please advise how it can work.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajjev_saini123
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed shell script to get the latest file based on date

hi i need the shell script to get the file with latest date. for example in my input folder i have files like file_20130212.txt file_20130211.txt now my output folder should have the file with latest date i.e..file_20120212.txt i want to get the latest file .. i.e is should take... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Want to download a latest file with current date from FTP location

Dear Friends, I need help to write a shell / perl script to download the files from FTP location, having different file names (date inside the file name). Example: Mar 5 09:24 cfx_03052013_return_file.txt Mar 6 02:13 cfx_03062013_return_file.txt Mar 7 06:40... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen Pandit
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the latest file based on the date in the filename

Hi, We've a list of files that gets created on a weekly basis and it has got a date and time embedded to it. Below are the examples. I want to find out how to get the latest files get the date and time stamp out of it. Files are PQR123.PLL.M989898.201308012254.gpg... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to replace old date with current date dynamically in multiple files present in a folder

I am trying to work on a script where it is a *(star) delimited file has a multiple lines starts with RTG and 3rd column=TD8 I want to substring the date part and I want to replace with currentdate minus 15 days. Here is an example. iam using AIX server $ cat temp.txt RTG*888*TD8*20180201~... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shankar455
1 Replies
csv(n)								  CSV processing							    csv(n)

NAME
csv - Procedures to handle CSV data. SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.3 package require csv ?0.3? ::csv::join values {sepChar ,} ::csv::joinlist values {sepChar ,} ::csv::read2matrix chan m {sepChar ,} {expand none} ::csv::read2queue chan q {sepChar ,} ::csv::report cmd matrix ?chan? ::csv::split line {sepChar ,} ::csv::split2matrix m line {sepChar ,} {expand none} ::csv::split2queue q line {sepChar ,} ::csv::writematrix m chan {sepChar ,} ::csv::writequeue q chan {sepChar ,} DESCRIPTION
The csv package provides commands to manipulate information in CSV FORMAT (CSV = Comma Separated Values). COMMANDS
The following commands are available: ::csv::join values {sepChar ,} Takes a list of values and returns a string in CSV format containing these values. The separator character can be defined by the caller, but this is optional. The default is ",". ::csv::joinlist values {sepChar ,} Takes a list of lists of values and returns a string in CSV format containing these values. The separator character can be defined by the caller, but this is optional. The default is ",". Each element of the outer list is considered a record, these are separated by newlines in the result. The elements of each record are formatted as usual (via ::csv::join). ::csv::read2matrix chan m {sepChar ,} {expand none} A wrapper around ::csv::split2matrix (see below) reading CSV-formatted lines from the specified channel (until EOF) and adding them to the given matrix. For an explanation of the expand argument see ::csv::split2matrix. ::csv::read2queue chan q {sepChar ,} A wrapper around ::csv::split2queue (see below) reading CSV-formatted lines from the specified channel (until EOF) and adding them to the given queue. ::csv::report cmd matrix ?chan? A report command which can be used by the matrix methods format 2string and format 2chan. For the latter this command delegates the work to ::csv::writematrix. cmd is expected to be either printmatrix or printmatrix2channel. The channel argument, chan, has to be present for the latter and must not be present for the first. ::csv::split line {sepChar ,} converts a line in CSV format into a list of the values contained in the line. The character used to separate the values from each other can be defined by the caller, via sepChar, but this is optional. The default is ",". ::csv::split2matrix m line {sepChar ,} {expand none} The same as ::csv::split, but appends the resulting list as a new row to the matrix m, using the method add row. The expansion mode specified via expand determines how the command handles a matrix with less columns than contained in line. The allowed modes are: none This is the default mode. In this mode it is the responsibility of the caller to ensure that the matrix has enough columns to contain the full line. If there are not enough columns the list of values is silently truncated at the end to fit. empty In this mode the command expands an empty matrix to hold all columns of the specified line, but goes no further. The overall effect is that the first of a series of lines determines the number of columns in the matrix and all following lines are truncated to that size, as if mode none was set. auto In this mode the command expands the matrix as needed to hold all columns contained in line. The overall effect is that after adding a series of lines the matrix will have enough columns to hold all columns of the longest line encountered so far. ::csv::split2queue q line {sepChar ,} The same as ::csv::split, but appending the resulting list as a single item to the queue q, using the method put. ::csv::writematrix m chan {sepChar ,} A wrapper around ::csv::join taking all rows in the matrix m and writing them CSV formatted into the channel chan. ::csv::writequeue q chan {sepChar ,} A wrapper around ::csv::join taking all items in the queue q (assumes that they are lists) and writing them CSV formatted into the channel chan. FORMAT
Each record of a csv file (comma-separated values, as exported e.g. by Excel) is a set of ASCII values separated by ",". For other lan- guages it may be ";" however, although this is not important for this case (The functions provided here allow any separator character). If a value contains itself the separator ",", then it (the value) is put between "". If a value contains ", it is replaced by "". EXAMPLE
The record 123,"123,521.2","Mary says ""Hello, I am Mary""" is parsed as follows: a) 123 b) 123,521.2 c) Mary says "Hello, I am Mary" SEE ALSO
matrix, queue KEYWORDS
csv, matrix, queue, package, tcllib csv 0.3 csv(n)