Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Strange behavior on one of my server Post 302875421 by Jotne on Tuesday 19th of November 2013 12:32:28 PM
Old 11-19-2013
Server 1 Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS

Server 2 Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS

File was created with exact same keystroke.

But for some reason I am not able to recreate the error.
So I have learned a new command to test the file if some is wrong next time od -c

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange Behavior on COM2

Hi, I have a problem with a new touch screen controller that I am trying to use on a SCO 3.0 system. THe touch screen controller only wants to talk at 9600baud. I have updated /etc/inittab per the manual and also edited /usr/lib/event/devices to use 9600 baud. The only way I can get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elwood51
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Very Strange Behavior for redirection

I have searched far and wide for an explanation for some odd behavior for output redirection and haven't come up with anything. A co-worker was working on old scripts which have run for years and embedded in their code were output redirects which worked for the script during execution and then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cahook
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk strange behavior

Dear guys; when deleting repeated lines using nawk as below ; Why the below syntax works? nawk ' !a++' infile > outfile and when using the other below syntax the nawk doesn't work? nawk ' { !a++ } ' infile > outfile or nawk ' { !a++ } ' infile > outfile BR (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmad.diab
4 Replies

4. Programming

Strange behavior in C++

I have the following program: int main(int argc, char** argv){ unsigned long int mean=0; for(int i=1;i<10;i++){ mean+=poisson(12); cout<<mean<<endl; } cout<<"Sum of poisson: "<< mean; return 0; } when I run it, I get the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: santiagorf
4 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Ubuntu strange behavior

It is so till login screen. I mean that when I boot my computer, Ubuntu shows a splash screen with mouse instead of Ubuntu logo and in the login screen it shows XUbuntu login screen... It began when I upgraded to previous kernel, I suppose, but I'm not sure... I can't say that it annoys me very... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

strange mail behavior

Hi I have script to to take backup and send mail to a group once a day. One strange behavior I have observed recently is that most of the time the mail we receive is fine . But someday it just sends out mail without any subject with undisclosed recipients. I dont know how to find the cause... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ningy
0 Replies

7. AIX

Strange memory behavior

Hello together, i have a strange memory behavior on a AIX 7.1 System, which i cannot explain. The Filesystem-Cache will not be grow up and drops often after few minutes. I know if a file was deleted, that the same segment in the FS-Cache will also be cleared. But i am not sure if this is the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: -=XrAy=-
8 Replies

8. AIX

Strange behavior with tar

I am trying to create an archive using tar. I am specifying a list of directories using the -L option. For testing purposes I created a simple directory structure: /backup/test /backup/test/test1 /backup/test/test2 The file specified by the -L option, named files.txt, contains:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: judykstra
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange Ctrl+C behavior

Hello All, I have a strange issue. I've created a shell script which connects to RMAN (Oracle Recovery Manager) and executes full DB backup. I then executed this script with nohup and in the background: $ nohup my_script.sh > logfile.log 2>&1 &The issue is that when I tried to take a look into... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JackK
6 Replies
Net::Server::MultiType(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Net::Server::MultiType(3)

NAME
Net::Server::MultiType - Net::Server personality SYNOPSIS
use Net::Server::MultiType; @ISA = qw(Net::Server::MultiType); sub process_request { #...code... } my @types = qw(PreFork Fork Single); Net::Server::MultiType->run(server_type=>@types); DESCRIPTION
Please read the pod on Net::Server first. This module is a personality, or extension, or sub class, of the Net::Server module. This personality is intended to allow for easy use of multiple Net::Server personalities. Given a list of server types, Net::Server::MultiType will require one at a time until it finds one that is installed on the system. It then adds that package to its @ISA, thus inheriting the methods of that personality. ARGUMENTS
In addition to the command line arguments of the Net::Server base class, Net::Server::MultiType contains one other configurable parameter. Key Value Default server_type 'server_type' 'Single' server_type May be called many times to build up an array or possible server_types. At execution, Net::Server::MultiType will find the first available one and then inherit the methods of that personality CONFIGURATION FILE
"Net::Server::MultiType" allows for the use of a configuration file to read in server parameters. The format of this conf file is simple key value pairs. Comments and white space are ignored. #-------------- file test.conf -------------- ### multi type info ### try PreFork first, then go to Single server_type PreFork server_type Single ### server information min_servers 20 max_servers 80 spare_servers 10 max_requests 1000 ### user and group to become user somebody group everybody ### logging ? log_file /var/log/server.log log_level 3 pid_file /tmp/server.pid ### access control allow .+.(net|com) allow domain.com deny a.+ ### background the process? background 1 ### ports to bind host 127.0.0.1 port localhost:20204 port 20205 ### reverse lookups ? # reverse_lookups on #-------------- file test.conf -------------- PROCESS FLOW
See Net::Server HOOKS
There are no additional hooks in Net::Server::MultiType. TO DO
See Net::Server AUTHOR
Paul T. Seamons paul@seamons.com SEE ALSO
Please see also Net::Server::Fork, Net::Server::INET, Net::Server::PreFork, Net::Server::MultiType, Net::Server::Single perl v5.12.1 2007-02-02 Net::Server::MultiType(3)