Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Code learning problems
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Code learning problems Post 302875211 by ni2 on Tuesday 19th of November 2013 01:19:15 AM
Old 11-19-2013
Hi planesb,

Visit www.coursera.org, www.udacity.com there are a few programming courses there that could help you out.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

learning on my own

can i do this? i am learning this on my own..and from the book..simple unix i am not sure if the syntax would work if statement then statement do or for or while statement done else statement fi.... I dont know how else to explain that...I hope I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonas27
2 Replies

2. Programming

learning fortran

Can anyone recommend a very good Fortran online course for unix. It should also cover Fortran X11 programming if possible. I understand this learning cannot be rushed but a course that addresses useful topics sooner is best. If it isn't free, that's okay. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gav2251
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems understanding example code

I am really new to UNIX and programming in general and so apologies if this thread is a bit simple. I have searched and found a piece of sample code for a training program I am currently undertaking, but seeing as I am relatively new, I dont completely understand how it works. Here is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Makaer
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems understanding example code

I am really new to UNIX and programming in general and so apologies if this thread is a bit simple. I have searched and found a piece of sample code for a training program I am currently undertaking, but seeing as I am relatively new, I dont completely understand how it works. Here is the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Makaer
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell code problems

So I have a line that is suppose to find all files in a folder and then run a program through all the files and then output the files with a _.txt ending. find ./ -name '*' -exec sh -c 'intersect-by-ids -ff {} -fc 1 -if normed_occ.txt -ic 1 \> {}_.txt'\; the error that i get is "find: missing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Learning - Why does this bit of code fail

In bash: for i in 1 2 3 4 5 do tmp_${i}=$i echo $i done It gives error on executing tmp_1=1, and so on... Why? If I executed this in prompt, not from script, it shouldn't make a subshell should it? please use "code" tags! thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: StuartH
2 Replies

7. Programming

Problems compiling code

I am trying to compile some code and getting lot of errors g++ -traditional -Wno-non-template-friend -Wno-deprecated -O3 -DNDEBUG -DREAL=float -DGetREAL=Getfloat -IbaseLib -Itommy -Iothers ./source/main/RayTrac.cc -o raytrac ./source/main/RayTrac.cc:36:20: error: gendef.h: No such file or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Code commenting Problems in shell scripting

Hi Friends, I Want to comment one line of code from below code. DBA_ORACLE_USER=`DB.sh -u -a User` DBA_ORACLE_PWORD=`DB.sh -p -a User` sqlplus /nolog <<-END > ${logfile} 2>&1 WHENEVER OSERROR EXIT 9 WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT SQL.SQLCODE connect... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: as234301
3 Replies

9. Programming

Two problems with my python code

Hello everyone , I need your help to end my python code. I've this code in python : from ipywidgets import interact, Dropdown from ipywidgets import * from ipywidgets.embed import embed_minimal_html import pandas as pd import os import sys #################### Dropdown servers... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tim2424
1 Replies
QRQ(1)								   User Manuals 							    QRQ(1)

NAME
qrq - High speed Morse telegraphy trainer SYNOPSIS
qrq qrqscore [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
qrq is an open source Morse code trainer for various platforms and operating systems, similar to the classic DOS version of Rufz by DL4MM. It's not intended for learning telegraphy (have a look at http://radio.linux.org.au/ for CW learning software), but to improve the ability to copy callsigns at high speeds, as needed for example for contesting. After starting the software and setting up the parameters (speed, CW waveform...), the program sends 50 amateur radio callsigns. When entering a copied callsign correctly, the speed increases, otherwise it decreases. Points are awarded for correctly copied callsigns, depending on the speed. A scoreboard/toplist exists on the author's website, at http://fkurz.net/ham/qrqtop.php. The local toplist file can be synchronized with the online toplist with qrqscore -d and you can upload your own top scores by invoking qrqscore -u. FILES
qrqrc Default configuration file callbase.qcb Database of amateur radio callsigns used by qrq. Other files may be loaded. toplist Default toplist file qrq is looking for these files in the current directory, in ~/.qrq/ or in DESTDIR/share/qrq/ (in that order). In the latter case, ~/.qrq/ is created, for an user-specific toplist and configuration. AUTHOR
Fabian Kurz, DJ1YFK <mail@fkurz.net> - http://fkurz.net/ham/qrq.html SEE ALSO
morse(1) Linux December 2011 QRQ(1)