Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk : Search for text between two time frame (12 hours) Post 302875179 by zenkarthi on Monday 18th of November 2013 08:11:20 PM
Old 11-18-2013
sorry I'm not able to catch Smilie can you provide some example please ?

My script

Code:
#!/bin/bash
#set -xv
# The script to verify the error from application logs
# Please don't edit this file

#removing the old scripting logs
rm /home/mydir/script/file.txt
rm /home/mydir/script/output

#date based on the log format
date=`date "+%b %-d, %Y"`

#Log Details
log1=application log file1*
log2=application log file2*
log3=application log file3*

#checking logs
more $log1 | grep -i "$date" | egrep -i 'error1 | error2 | error3 | error4 | error5' >> /home/mydir/script/file.txt
more $log2 | grep -i "$date" | egrep -i 'error1 | error2 | error3 | error4 | error5' >> /home/mydir/script/file.txt
more $log3 | grep -i "$date" | egrep -i 'error1 | error2 | error3 | error4 | error5' >> /home/mydir/script/file.txt

# Time stamp (based on the log format)

tot=`date "+%r %Z" | sed 's/^0//'`
to=`date "+%b %d, %Y"`

frmt=`date -d "-20 minutes" "+%r %Z" | sed 's/^0//'`
from=`date "+%b %-d, %Y"`

#collecting log output between two time stamp

awk '$0>=from && $0<=to' from="$from $frmt" to="$to $tot" /home/mydir/script/file.txt > /home/mydir/script/output

#email

email script

# END

log file format :
Code:
###<Nov 6, 2013 8:30:23 PM UTC> <Notice> <stoutdf> <host name> < <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread:

Last edited by Franklin52; 11-19-2013 at 05:30 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search string during a specific time frame

Can someone please help me with searching a string during a specific time frame. Below is the format of the time from my log file. "GET /AAM2009_wherewereheaded.wmv HTTP/1.1" 200 52307085 The search string I need is "AAM2009_wherewereheaded.wmv" I need to search the number of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tadi18
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to delete files within a particular time frame under multiple sub folders

Greetings! I'm looking for starting information for a shell script. Here's my scenario: I have multiple folders(100) for example: /www/test/applications/app1/logs /www/test/applications/app2/logs Within these folders there are log files files that need to be deleted after a month. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whysolucky
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for text between two time frame using sed

I have log files with time stamps. I want to search for text between two time stamp using sed even if the first tme stamp or the last time stamp are not present. For e.g. if i search between 9:30 and 9:40 then it should return text even if 9:30 or 9:40 is not there but between 9:30 and 9:40 is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azher
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : unable to frame code with Business:Hours module with example

Hi all , There are two datetimes in the below format $datetime1="2007-12-31 16:50:00"; $datetime2="2008-1-1 04:24:00"; I need to calculate time in minutes only in between the office hours.(08:00 to 18:00 ). in PERL. For the above requirement I found a module Business::Hours that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log search and mail it if the log is updated before 24 hours from the current time

Hi , We have around 22 logs , each has different entries. I have to automate this using shell script. The ideas which am sharing is given below 1) We use only TAIL -100 <location and name of the log> Command to check the logs. 2) We want to check whether the log was updated before 24... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalaihari
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : collecting all data between two time frame

Hi Experts , I need your help to collect the complete data between two time frame from the log files, when I try awk it's collecting the data only which is printed with time stamp for example, awk works well from "16:00 to 17:30" but its not collecting <line*> "from 17:30 to 18:00" ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: zenkarthi
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Account getting Locked Everyday between same Time Frame

I am facing an Issue with a particular Unix Account ( ie a particular Userid) getting LOCKED everyday between 7:30am and 8:00am. The Password associated with this particular Account has been setup such that it should never Expire at all but it does LOCK the Account after more than 3 failed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchegoor
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk:String search more than one time and capture OP

Dear All During one of mine script developemnt i am stuch at one sub part. Requiremnt is as below kindly help me. IP file: 2015-02-28 10:10:15 AL M UtranCell UtranCell=RTE001X (unavailable) 2015-02-28 10:10:15 AL M UtranCell UtranCell=RTE001Y (unavailable) 2015-02-28 10:10:15 AL M... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on script to capture info on log file for a particular time frame

Hi I have a system running uname -a Linux cmovel-db01 2.6.32-38-server #83-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jan 4 11:26:59 UTC 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux I would like to capture the contents of /var/log/syslog from 11:00AM to 11:30AM and sent to this info via email. I was thinking in set a cron entry at that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need to filter the result set within 2 time frame

my sample file is like this $cat onefile 05/21/18 13:10:07 ABRT US1CPDAY Status 1 05/21/18 21:18:54 ABRT DailyBackup_VFFPRDAPENTL01 Status 6 05/21/18 21:26:24 ABRT DailyBackup_VFFPRDAPENTL02 Status 6 05/21/18 21:57:36 ABRT DailyBackup_vm-ea1ffpreng01 Status 6... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotamp
7 Replies
ncab2clf(1)							   User Commands						       ncab2clf(1)

NAME
ncab2clf - convert binary log file to Common Log File format SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/ncab2clf [-Dhv] [-i input-file] [-o output-file] [-b size] [-n number] [-s datetime] DESCRIPTION
The ncab2clf command is used to convert the log file generated by the Solaris Network Cache and Accelerator ("NCA") from binary format, to Common Log File ("CLF") format. If no input-file is specified, ncab2clf uses stdin. If no output-file is specified, the output goes to std- out. OPTIONS
-b Specifies the binary-log-file blocking in kilobytes; the default is 64 Kbyte. -D Specifies that direct I/O be disabled. -h Prints usage message. -i input-file Specifies the input file. -n number Output number CLF records. -o output-file Specifies the output file. -s datetime Skip any records before the date and time specified in datetime. You can specify the date and time in CLF format or in the format specified by the touch(1) utility. CLF format is the dominant format, so ncab2clf first analyzes datetime assuming CLF. -v Provides verbose output. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Converting a Binary File to a Common Log File Format The following example converts the binary file /var/nca/logs/nca.blf to a file /var/nca/logs/nca.clf, which is in Common Log File format. example% ncab2clf -D -i /var/nca/logs/nca.blf -o /var/nca/logs/nca.clf Example 2: Converting Multiple Log Files The following script may be used to convert multiple log files. The directory designated by "*" must only contain log files. !/bin/ksh for filename in * do ncab2clf -D < $filename > $filename.clf done Example 3: Using -s and -n on a Raw Device The following example shows how ncab2clf can be used on a raw device. If not using the -n option, the default is to convert all records from the starting location to the end of the file. The date and time specified with -s, below, is in CLF format. example% ncab2clf -s '10/Apr/2001:09:23:13' -n 100 < /dev/dsk/c2t1d0s6 EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The file converted successfully >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWncau | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nca(1), ncakmod(1), nca.if(4), ncakmod.conf(4), ncalogd.conf(4), attributes(5) System Administration Guide: IP Services NOTES
The binary log files generated by NCA can become very large. When converting these large binary files, use the -b option to the ncab2clf command to help performance. Direct I/O is a benefit to the user if the data being written does not come in as large chunks. However, if the user wishes to convert the log file in large chunks using the -b option, then direct I/O should be disabled by using the -D option. SunOS 5.10 28 Sep 2001 ncab2clf(1)