Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sort date time in ascending order Post 302875175 by Chubler_XL on Monday 18th of November 2013 06:16:23 PM
Old 11-18-2013
Data seems to contain leading blanks so sort should probably include -b:

Code:
sort -b -k4.7,4.10 -k4,5

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort / ascending order

What's the command to sort a file in ascending order and redirect the output to another file? Thanks!!!!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gyik
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ascending order within text

I appreciate all the help that I've already received but am running into one problem. I can find how to add something before a file with ascending numbers but not like this. I basically have a file that looks like this: 100 101 102 103 104 I need to add the following before each line with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kerpm
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

merge two files in ascending order

Hello Friends, I want to merge two files in ascending order on the first field. And if the first field matches sort on 3rd field i.e, TXADDR should come ahead of RXADDR . file1 9 : TXADDR : 00000000 65 : TXDATA 0000000000000011 83 : TXDATA 0000000000000012 453 :... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
10 Replies

4. Linux

Using sort command to get numeric ascending order

HI everyone, I am trying to use the unix sort command to get a list of numbers sorted in ascending order but having trouble in getting it to work. An example of this issue would be when i am trying to sort the following three number each on a different line "1" , "2" and "116" the sort command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wali4813
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ascending order

How can I check if array is in ascending order? ---------- Post updated at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:25 PM ---------- Done it now (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to sort a column based on numerical ascending order if it includes e-10?

I have a column of numbers in the following format: 1.722e-05 2.018e-05 2.548e-05 2.747e-05 7.897e-05 4.016e-05 4.613e-05 4.613e-05 5.151e-05 5.151e-05 5.151e-05 6.1e-05 6.254e-05 7.04e-05 7.12e-05 7.12e-05 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strings in ascending order

Hi, I have a sequence which has 30000 strings which looks like this >string2991 234445 >string224 470561 >string121 675386 >string4098 177229 >string8049 255838 >string8 672382 >string1115 578415 I want it to be arranged in ascending order >string8 672382 >string121... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siya@
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list files in ascending order?

Hi, I need to list files in ascending order. Filenames are in format inpTDT_1, inpTDT_2, inpTDT_3 and so on. I want to list them in the ascending order based on the digit after underscore and send the output to a file. Please help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neelkanth
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File in ascending order by row

Hi All I have a file like this: ID1 ref_A 10 ref_B 30 ref_C 5 ID2 ref_F 69 ref_G 12 ref_H 5 Every ID is followed by a string(ref_X) followed by a number(every number is referred to the previous ref) I would like to order the file like this(the column could be more, but always with the same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giuliangiuseppe
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

List numerically in ascending order

Hello, I am running ubuntu 16.04 and trying to list all files inside a directory, I need to sort them in ascending order. While surfing on the site, I found an old thread but somehow it did not work. Link Ascending order with sort -nk2 myfile.txt command gives below output: file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
5 Replies
Xapian::Enquire(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Xapian::Enquire(3pm)

NAME
Search::Xapian::Enquire - Make queries against a database DESCRIPTION
This class provides an interface to the information retrieval system for the purpose of searching. METHODS
new set_query takes either a ready made Search::Xapian::Query or a scalar containing a query, which in that case will be passed to Search::Xapian::Query's constructor, together with any other passed arguments. set_query_object <query> get_query matches <start> <size> [<check_at_least>] Takes the start element, and maximum number of elements (and optionally the minimum number of matches to check), and returns an array tied to Search::Xapian::MSet::Tied. get_matching_terms_begin Returns a Search::Xapian::TermIterator, pointing to the start of the stream. get_matching_terms_end Returns a Search::Xapian::TermIterator, pointing to the end of the stream. set_collapse_key <collapse_key> set_docid_order <order> Set the direction in which documents are ordered by document id in the returned MSet. This order only has an effect on documents which would otherwise have equal rank. For a weighted probabilistic match with no sort value, this means documents with equal weight. For a boolean match, with no sort value, this means all documents. And if a sort value is used, this means documents with equal sort value (and also equal weight if ordering on relevance after the sort). order can be ENQ_ASCENDING (the default, docids sort in ascending order), ENQ_DESCENDING (docds sort in descending order), or ENQ_DONT_CARE (docids sort in whatever order is most efficient for the backend.) Note: If you add documents in strict date order, then a boolean search - i.e. set_weighting_scheme(Search::Xapian::BoolWeight->new()) - with set_docid_order(ENQ_DESCENDING) is a very efficient way to perform "sort by date, newest first". set_cutoff <percent_cutoff> [<weight_cutoff>] set_sort_by_relevance Set the sorting to be by relevance only. This is the default. set_sort_by_value <sort_key> [<ascending>] Set the sorting to be by value only. sort_key - value number to reorder on. Sorting is with a string compare. If ascending is true (the default) higher is better; if ascending is false, lower is better. ascending - If true, document values which sort higher by string compare are better. If false, the sort order is reversed. (default true) set_sort_by_value_then_relevance <sort_key> [<ascending>] Set the sorting to be by value, then by relevance for documents with the same value. sort_key - value number to reorder on. Sorting is with a string compare. If ascending is true (the default) higher is better; if ascending is false, lower is better. ascending - If true, document values which sort higher by string compare are better. If false, the sort order is reversed. (default true) set_sort_by_relevance_then_value <sort_key> [<ascending>] Set the sorting to be by relevance then value. Note that with the default BM25 weighting scheme parameters, non-identical documents will rarely have the same weight, so this setting will give very similar results to set_sort_by_relevance(). It becomes more useful with particular BM25 parameter settings (e.g. BM25Weight(1,0,1,0,0)) or custom weighting schemes. sort_key - value number to reorder on. Sorting is with a string compare. If ascending is true (the default) higher is better; if ascending is false, lower is better. ascending - If true, document values which sort higher by string compare are better. If false, the sort order is reversed. (default true) set_sort_by_key <sorter> [<ascending>] Set the sorting to be by key only. sorter - the functor to use to build the key. ascending - If true, keys which sort higher by string compare are better. If false, the sort order is reversed. (default true) set_sort_by_key_then_relevance <sorter> [<ascending>] Set the sorting to be by key, then by relevance for documents with the same key. sorter - the functor to use to build the key. ascending - If true, keys which sort higher by string compare are better. If false, the sort order is reversed. (default true) set_sort_by_relevance_then_key <sorter> [<ascending>] Set the sorting to be by relevance then key. sorter - the functor to use to build the key. ascending - If true, keys which sort higher by string compare are better. If false, the sort order is reversed. (default true) get_mset Get match set. get_eset <maxitems> <rset> [<decider>] Get set of query expansion terms. get_description Return a description of this object. SEE ALSO
Search::Xapian::Query, Search::Xapian::Database perl v5.14.2 2012-05-09 Xapian::Enquire(3pm)