Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Writing a script to take the average of two columns every 3 rows Post 302875153 by bartus11 on Monday 18th of November 2013 03:49:48 PM
Old 11-18-2013
Try:
Code:
awk '{for (i=2;i<=NF;i+=3) printf ($i+$(i+1))/2" ";printf "\n"}' file

This User Gave Thanks to bartus11 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find the average of a given column and also for specified number of rows??

Hi friends I have 100 files in my directory. Each file look like this.. Temp1 Temp2 Temp3 MAS 1 2 3 MAS 4 5 6 MAS 7 8 9 Delhi 10 11 12 Delhi 13 14 15 Delhi 16 17 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find the average of a given column and also for specified number of rows?

Hi Friends, In continuation to my earlier post https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/99166-script-find-average-given-column-also-specified-number-rows.html I am extending my problem as follows. Input: Column1 Column2 MAS 1 MAS 4 ... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script - columns to rows

Hi Everyone, I have a file text.cvs, which is a file with columns from excel. The data are separeted with semicolon. The content of the file looks like A B C D E F 1 3 3 4 3 3 2 2 1 2 5 2 5 6 1 1 2 1 Now I wish to write an script which writes the colums A, C and F in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tob26
4 Replies

4. Linux

help with columns and rows - script

Hi everyone, how can I convert a file with 3375 rows and 6 columns to a file with 1350 rows and 15 columns by using a script? Is it possible with awk or something like that? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks. D. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DKalfileritos
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting rows to columns using shell script

I have a script which converts rows to columns. file_name=$1 mailid=$2 #CREATE BACKUP OF ORIGINAL FILE #cp ${file_name}.xlsx ${file_name}_temp.xlsx #tr '\t' '|' < ${file_name}_temp.xlsx > ${file_name}_temp.csv #rm ${file_name}_temp.xlsx pivot_row=`head -1 ${file_name}` sed 1d... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy538
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert columns to rows in perl script

Hi All I want to have a Perl script which convert columns to rows. The Perl should should read the data from input file. Suppose the input file is 7215484 date to date 173.3 A 1.50 2.23 8.45 10.14 2.00 4.50 2.50 31.32 7216154 month to month (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk based script to find the average of all the columns in a data file

Hi All, I need the modification for the below mentioned code (found in one more post https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/27161-script-generate-average-values.html) to find the average values for all the columns(but for a specific rows) and print the averages side by side. I have... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to convert rows to columns

Hi I have a file having the values like below ---------------------------- .set A col1=”ABC” col2=34 col3=”DEF” col4=”LMN” col5=25 .set A .set B col1=55 col3=”XYZ” col4=”PQR” col5=66 .set B .set C col2=”NNN” (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Suneel Mekala
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Comparing two files and writing mismatched rows along with mismatched columns. Pointing out the mism

I got a requirement where I need to compare two files wrt to each columns and write the corresponding difference in another file along with some identification showing mismatched columns. Pointing out the mismatched columns is my main problem statement. For example we have files like: File 1 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: piyush pankaj
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script to convert rows to columns

Hello I have a large database with the following structure: Headword=Gloss1;Gloss2;Gloss3 The Glosses are separated by a ; What I need is to reduce the multiple glosses on each row to columns Headword=Gloss1 Headword=Gloss2 Headword=Gloss3 I had written the following script in awk... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)