Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk : Search for text between two time frame (12 hours) Post 302875137 by Corona688 on Monday 18th of November 2013 02:43:04 PM
Old 11-18-2013
No, I was suggesting adapting your existing code using the code I gave you so it can handle the kind of dates in your log file. Comparing the YYYYMMDD variable and your input time instead of comparing raw lines. No need to save a new file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search string during a specific time frame

Can someone please help me with searching a string during a specific time frame. Below is the format of the time from my log file. "GET /AAM2009_wherewereheaded.wmv HTTP/1.1" 200 52307085 The search string I need is "AAM2009_wherewereheaded.wmv" I need to search the number of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tadi18
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to delete files within a particular time frame under multiple sub folders

Greetings! I'm looking for starting information for a shell script. Here's my scenario: I have multiple folders(100) for example: /www/test/applications/app1/logs /www/test/applications/app2/logs Within these folders there are log files files that need to be deleted after a month. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whysolucky
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for text between two time frame using sed

I have log files with time stamps. I want to search for text between two time stamp using sed even if the first tme stamp or the last time stamp are not present. For e.g. if i search between 9:30 and 9:40 then it should return text even if 9:30 or 9:40 is not there but between 9:30 and 9:40 is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azher
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : unable to frame code with Business:Hours module with example

Hi all , There are two datetimes in the below format $datetime1="2007-12-31 16:50:00"; $datetime2="2008-1-1 04:24:00"; I need to calculate time in minutes only in between the office hours.(08:00 to 18:00 ). in PERL. For the above requirement I found a module Business::Hours that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log search and mail it if the log is updated before 24 hours from the current time

Hi , We have around 22 logs , each has different entries. I have to automate this using shell script. The ideas which am sharing is given below 1) We use only TAIL -100 <location and name of the log> Command to check the logs. 2) We want to check whether the log was updated before 24... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalaihari
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : collecting all data between two time frame

Hi Experts , I need your help to collect the complete data between two time frame from the log files, when I try awk it's collecting the data only which is printed with time stamp for example, awk works well from "16:00 to 17:30" but its not collecting <line*> "from 17:30 to 18:00" ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: zenkarthi
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Account getting Locked Everyday between same Time Frame

I am facing an Issue with a particular Unix Account ( ie a particular Userid) getting LOCKED everyday between 7:30am and 8:00am. The Password associated with this particular Account has been setup such that it should never Expire at all but it does LOCK the Account after more than 3 failed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchegoor
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk:String search more than one time and capture OP

Dear All During one of mine script developemnt i am stuch at one sub part. Requiremnt is as below kindly help me. IP file: 2015-02-28 10:10:15 AL M UtranCell UtranCell=RTE001X (unavailable) 2015-02-28 10:10:15 AL M UtranCell UtranCell=RTE001Y (unavailable) 2015-02-28 10:10:15 AL M... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on script to capture info on log file for a particular time frame

Hi I have a system running uname -a Linux cmovel-db01 2.6.32-38-server #83-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jan 4 11:26:59 UTC 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux I would like to capture the contents of /var/log/syslog from 11:00AM to 11:30AM and sent to this info via email. I was thinking in set a cron entry at that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need to filter the result set within 2 time frame

my sample file is like this $cat onefile 05/21/18 13:10:07 ABRT US1CPDAY Status 1 05/21/18 21:18:54 ABRT DailyBackup_VFFPRDAPENTL01 Status 6 05/21/18 21:26:24 ABRT DailyBackup_VFFPRDAPENTL02 Status 6 05/21/18 21:57:36 ABRT DailyBackup_vm-ea1ffpreng01 Status 6... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotamp
7 Replies
uniq(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   uniq(1)

NAME
uniq - report repeated lines in a file SYNOPSIS
fields] chars] [input_file [output_file]] DESCRIPTION
reads the input text file input_file, comparing adjacent lines, and copies the result to output_file. If input_file is not specified, the standard input and standard output are used. If input_file is specified, but output_file is not, results are printed to standard output. input_file and output_file must not be the same file. Line-Comparison Options recognizes the following options when comparing adjacent lines: Print those lines that are repeated in the original file. Print copy only of each repeated line in the input file. Generate an output report in default style except that each line is preceded by a count of the number of times it occurred. If this option is specified, the and options are ignored if either or both are also present. If none of the options or are present, prints the results of the union of the and options, producing a copy of the original input file with the second and succeeding copies of any repeated lines removed. (Note that repeated lines must be adjacent in order to be found -- see sort(1)). Field-Skip Options Two options are provided for skipping an initial portion of each line when making comparisons: Ignore the first fields fields, together with any blanks before each. fields is a positive decimal integer. A field is defined as a string of non-space, non-tab characters separated by tabs and/or spaces from its neighbors. Ignore the first chars characters. chars is a positive decimal integer. Each line in the input is assumed to be terminated with a new line character for purposes of comparison. Fields are skipped before characters. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables must be equal to the value it had when the input files were sorted. determines the interpretation of text within files as single- and/or multi-byte characters, and defines a space character when the or option is used. determines the language in which messages are displayed. If or is not specified in the environment or is set to the empty string, the value of is used as a default for each unspecified or empty variable. If is not specified or is set to the empty string, a default of "C" (see lang(5)) is used instead of If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, behaves as if all internationalization variables are set to "C". See environ(5). International Code Set Support Single- and multi-byte character code sets are supported. RETURN VALUE
Exit values are: 0 Successful completion. >0 Error condition occurred. AUTHOR
was developed by OSF and HP. SEE ALSO
comm(1), sort(1). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
uniq(1)