Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Emergency boot floppy - second hard disk not seen Post 302875065 by grips03 on Monday 18th of November 2013 12:02:40 PM
Old 11-18-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksd8
When you say that it doesn't "see" the second hard disk, what do you mean?

It's been a long time since I used SCO in anger but from what I remember the boot&root floppy set just lands you in a shell where you can start disaster recovery from. With SCO you can boot the O/S once the root filesystem is recovered (and you don't need other filesystems to be there initially; you can recover them afterwards). So you only need access to the first HD.

However, I do remember:

Code:
mount /dev/hd0root /mnt

and then manually creating directories under /mnt and mounting other HD based filesystems in order to do a full system restore from tape.

(Have you looked for a /dev/hd1root on the boot&root set???)
ok, I see what your saying, I'll give it a shot

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

boot floppy

hello , i have sun sparc machine with sunos2.7 , the machine has a cdrom but no floppy drive , it is networked with windows machine , from where i can use ftp and telnet. can i use floppy drive of windows machine and create a boot image(of unix) on that drive, using ftp? thanx raju (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raju
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to boot form hard disk

i installed caldera linux from CD and now without floopy its not booting, how do i write into MBR, uning lilo, i dont have any other OS , so i want to boot into linux always. pls help me out, thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gops
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

red hat linux installation boot floppy disk

Hi, My dear friends, I am trying to install red hat linux. I have downloaded its disc1. On the instructions page, the next stage is to make the boot disk, so that I can boot from the floppy. However, I am unable to locate the boot image iso file. I tried on google, but I got a few files which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxpenguin
3 Replies

4. AIX

Boot Floppy

Dear Sirs, I would like to make a Boot Floppy for the RS6k F30. Somebody can help me? Spart (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spartiate
1 Replies

5. SCO

Emergency boot

I need to boot an OpenServer 5.0.5 server but I don't have emergency boot disks for it. There are some boot disks of other servers. Can I use these disks, changing defbootstr ?. How ?. The fact is that administrator can't login as root and it seems to be a corrupted auth system issue. Other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dags
2 Replies

6. AIX

During CD boot, hard disk does not get recognised

Hello, I have an AIX 5.1 server. Model : 7029-6E3. The users of this server have forgotted the root password and I am now supposed to reset it. I boot through the AIX 5.1 CD and try to go to the maitenance mode. But I am facing this issue, where, the hard disk does not recognised during this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sjsowmya
1 Replies

7. SCO

steps to boot SCO server off emergency tape

I know how to create the bootable tape image by using emergency_rec, but I could not find any document to instruct me on how to boot off the tape, and detail steps I should go through, for instance, at what point the booting sequency would prompt me to enter bootable path, and what the path is...... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkky2k
0 Replies

8. Linux

C++ Code to Access Linux Hard Disk Sectors (with a LoopBack Virtual Hard Disk)

Hi all, I'm kind of new to programming in Linux & c/c++. I'm currently writing a FileManager using Ubuntu Linux(10.10) for Learning Purposes. I've got started on this project by creating a loopback device to be used as my virtual hard disk. After creating the loop back hard disk and mounting it... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: shen747
23 Replies

9. SCO

Need emergency boot floopy or 5.0.5 .iso file

We have old SCO Openserver 5.0.5. and its was running out of disk space on root disk - error 142 /2. I tried to move some files to another partition with space, but I ran into issue as I moved /opt/K and /opt/P. Now when the servers boots it fails and goes into debug mode. I don't have a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: grips03
4 Replies

10. SCO

Need emergency boot CD UNIXware 7.1.1 (or 7.1..4)

In my previous thread post (which is also the most recent on this SCO forum), I mentioned that we have an HP DL380G5 server running SCO Unixware 7.11 which has unable to boot with error “FATAL BOOT ERROR: Can't load stage 3”. .. Unfortunately no media is available for the machine and I think the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BernP
1 Replies