Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Failed mpio path on AIX5.3
Operating Systems AIX Failed mpio path on AIX5.3 Post 302874947 by murali969 on Monday 18th of November 2013 05:06:38 AM
Old 11-18-2013
Wrench Failed mpio path on AIX5.3

I have found failed mpio path on AIX and enabled that failed path as below

Code:
failed path on AIX
bash-3.2# lspath -l hdisk10
Enabled hdisk10 fscsi0
Enabled hdisk10 fscsi0
Failed  hdisk10 fscsi3
Enabled hdisk10 fscsi3

Enabled failed path as below
Code:
chpath -l hdisk10 -p fscsi3 -s enable -w5005076802408847,8000000000000

However it goes Enabled, but a few minutes later shows Failed ,could some one help me on this.
Please let me know above steps, if i miss anything and why it has failed.

Last edited by zaxxon; 11-18-2013 at 01:01 PM.. Reason: no, not the whole post in code tags, thats not the what they are for....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX MPIO and EMC

We are looking at running MPIO for it's redundancy and load balancing benefits. Does anyone know what pieces of software or modules are needed on the VIO server to get load balancing to work. Remember we are using EMC's DMX3500 storage system. We no longer want to use Powerpath. :rolleyes: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vxg0wa3
2 Replies

2. Solaris

path 108528-29 failed

Hi All, The path requires me to go Single User mode. On single user mode, the patch still won't continue: dhcpagent supports a new keyword in /etc/default/dhcpagent. Please merge the existing /etc/default/dhcpagent with the patched version of /etc/default/dhcpagent shipped with this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

3. AIX

AIX native MPIO

Hi folks, does anybody have a link to a documentation how to implement native MPIO on AIX? We are using EMC PowerPath and Datacore SanSymphony/Cambex for this so far and I wasn't able to find a good description on that topic. All I know so far is that mkpath, chpath and lspath are used to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaxxon
3 Replies

4. AIX

How to upgrade AIX5.3TL6-07 to AIX5.3TL8-04?

Hello All, After creating lpp_source/spot from AIX 5.3TL6-07 DVD on the NIM(AIX6.1), I went online and download the fix pack for reaching TL8-04. (it was less than 200Mgegs total) then I did define a newer lpp_source530TL8-04 via a copy from the older lpp_source530TL6-07 (I diduse a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangers
2 Replies

5. AIX

MPIO Driver

On a particular LPAR, I was running AIX 5.3 TL 3. On Monday I did an update of the LPAR to 5.3 TL 9 SP2. The install was smooth, but then I ran into a problem. The MPIO driver does not work with LSI's StoreAge (SVM4). I did some looking, and looks like 5.3 TL3 = IBM.MPIO 5.3.0.30 5.3... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: clking
0 Replies

6. AIX

MPIO reliability

Hi, we have a vew boxes using MPIO and they are connected to some virtualization software managing some disk subsystems, offering volumes to the AIX boxes. Sometimes when a cable has been plugged out for a test or when a real problem occurs, using lspath to show the state of the paths shows... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaxxon
8 Replies

7. AIX

MPIO - list of supported arrays

Hello, we are planning to deploy some of our databases on AIX/LPAR based servers (we didn't bought it yet ...). IBM's engineers says that if we want to boot them from SAN the hardware array has to be compatible with MPIO but they don't want to deliver any document with list of arrays supported... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy55
5 Replies

8. AIX

Need Help with SDD / SDDPCM / MPIO

This is getting very confusing for me, and appreciate if someone can help. Platform: Power VM ( Virtual I/O Server) ioslevel 2.1.3.10-FP23 # oslevel -s 6100-05-00-0000 Storage: IBM DS4300 Two HBAs - Dual Port Fibre Adapter Channels Each card has two ports , so a total of 4 ports going... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies

9. AIX

DISK and MPIO

Hello, I have some concerns over the disk management of my AIX system. For example server1 / > lspv hdisk0 00fa6d1288c820aa rootvg active hdisk1 00fa6d1288c8213c vg_2 active hdisk2 00c1cc14d6de272b ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
6 Replies

10. AIX

issue AIX MPIO path closed

Hello, I have encountered the issue on my AIX 6.1. As you can see below, the hdisk1 & hdisk8 are not recognized by the system / > lspv hdisk0 00fa6d1288c820aa rootvg active hdisk1 00fa6d1288c8213c None hdisk2 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
9 Replies
AFOPENFILE(3)															     AFOPENFILE(3)

NAME
afOpenFile - open an audio file and create a file handle structure used for subsequent calls to the Audio File Library SYNOPSIS
#include <audiofile.h> AFfilehandle afOpenFile(const char *path, const char *mode, AFfilesetup setup); PARAMETERS
path is the path to the file to be opened. mode specifies a mode for opening the file: "r" for reading or "w" for writing. setup is an AFfilesetup created by afNewFileSetup(3). This value is ignored for files opened for reading except when the file format is AF_FILE_RAWDATA. RETURN VALUE
Upon success, afOpenFile returns a valid AFfilehandle which can be used in subsequent calls to the Audio File Library. Upon failure, afOpenFile returns NULL and generates an error. afCloseFile(3) is used to close the file when it is no longer needed. ERRORS
afOpenFile can produce the following errors: AF_BAD_OPEN A call to open failed. AF_BAD_READ A call to read failed AF_BAD_WRITE A call to write failed. AF_BAD_LSEEK A call to lseek failed. AF_BAD_MALLOC Memory allocation failed. AF_BAD_FILEFMT setup specifies a file format which is unsupported for mode. AF_BAD_SAMPFMT The file's sample format is not supported. AF_BAD_WIDTH The file's sample width is not supported. AF_BAD_RATE The file's sample rate is not supported. AF_BAD_CHANNELS The number of channels in the file is not supported. AF_BAD_FILESETUP setup specifies an invalid or unsupported configuration. SEE ALSO
afCloseFile(3), afNewFileSetup(3), afInitFileFormat(3), afInitSampleFormat(3), afReadFrames(3), afWriteFrames(3) AUTHOR
Michael Pruett <michael@68k.org> Audio File Library 0.3.6 03/06/2013 AFOPENFILE(3)