Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to include file pattern in find command? Post 302874833 by MadeInGermany on Sunday 17th of November 2013 11:40:58 AM
Old 11-17-2013
Code:
names="fnm_HST_date1 fnm_hst_date1 fnm_HST_date2"
names=`echo $names | sed 's/ / -o -name /g; s/^/-name /'`
find $file_path \( $names \) -type f -mtime +30 -exec rm -f {} \;

Last edited by MadeInGermany; 11-17-2013 at 12:48 PM.. Reason: ( ) needed

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to find particular pattern in file.

Hi I am using the following command to look for anything other than "0000" in a comma seperated file on 11th field. Note: I am looking for "0000" including the double quotes. nawk -F"," '$11!='"0000"'{print $11}' file This is showing incorrect result. Help is appreciated (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
2 Replies

2. Programming

Cannot find include file: <sqlca.h>

All, I am getting the following error License : Got the license for Sun WorkShop Compiler C SPARC continuing.. "rlnseg_test.c", line 300: cannot find include file: <sqlca.h> "rlnseg_test.c", line 417: undefined symbol: sqlca "rlnseg_test.c", line 447: undefined symbol: sqlca... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thana
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command to delete a pattern

Hi all i have a directory where it has files as shown below.Using find command how can i delete files which were modified more than 20 days ago and having the pattern jnhld15231 or jnhld15232. find ./ -name "jnhld15231^" -type f -mtime +20 -exec rm {} \; find ./ -name "jnhld15232^" -type f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: morbid_angel
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a file with a specific pattern for current sysdate & upon find email the details?

I need assistance with following requirement, I am new to Unix. I want to do the following task but stuck with file creation date(sysdate) Following is the requirement I need to create a script that will read the abc/xyz/klm folder and look for *.err files for that day’s date and then send an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PreetArul
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mention file include on command line: awk

Hi All: I need your help please. I have a include file *.awk , and I would want to know if it's there a option's awk where I can use this file include, for example: awk -f decodifica_bitmap.awk cadena_hex.txt -e /home/snh/Awk/include/funciones.awk > sal.out it give error: awk:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris21
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find big file include current date

Hi, I want to put script. The script is to show file that larger than 100MB include current date (eg: today date). After find the date, it will compress list file and split the tar.gz file. Any idea how to do that? This bash script will run auto everyday. It's will transfer will to other... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzainal
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Command Include Sub Directory

This script writes the output files to FILES but I don't want to exclude all directories from ABC_CHQ and LYS_ADV, I want to include one sub directory name process which is under ABC_CHQ and LYS_ADV in the search. Right now its excluding everything from prune directories such as ABC_CHQ, LYS_ADV... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: John William
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Include strings between a pattern

Hi, I have two files: File1: sample statements1 <UID = " " PWD = " "> sample statements2 File2: UID ="admin" PWD ="password" (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manid
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I use find command to search string/pattern in a file recursively?

Hi, How can I use find command to search string/pattern in a file recursively? What I tried: find . -type f -exec cat {} | grep "make" \; Output: grep: find: ;: No such file or directory missing argument to `-exec' And this: find . -type f -exec cat {} \; -exec grep "make" {} \;... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
12 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)