Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to round up value upto 2 decimal places using sed? Post 302874469 by ranabhavish on Friday 15th of November 2013 10:17:26 AM
Old 11-15-2013
is there any sed command what can i use?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Round off the a Decimal value.

HI, I have a script which is used to calculate the Memory & CPU utilization a server. memx=`ssh -l siebel1 ${f} /usr/sbin/prtconf|grep -i 'Memory size'|tr -s " "|/usr/xpg4/bin/awk -F" " '{print $3 * 1024}'` v5=`ssh -l siebel1 ${f} vmstat 1 2 | tail -1 | tr -s " " | /usr/xpg4/bin/awk -v... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dear_abhi2007
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Four decimal places with awk

i have a script in which awk prints "($2-1700)/10000" and the answer is -0.07,but i want the answer in 4 decimal places. that is -0.0700. How can i sue awk to get my results in four decimal places (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decimal places

i need to multiplay a number with 1.00.. so that the output should contain two decimal places at end.. for example... 236 * 1.00 = 236.00 245.8 * 1.00 = 245.80 but when i perform multiplication it shows output as. 236 245.8 can anyone help me to get the actual output of... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retain upto 2 decimal point for numeric values

Hi I have a big file with lines like below <tr align="center" bgcolor="SEASHELL"><td>94% </td><td>4.62178 </td><td>73.4375 </td></tr> <tr align="center" bgcolor="SEASHELL"></td><td>97% </td><td>3.2962 </td><td>125 </td></tr> I want to format the file such that i get like below. i.e... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ningy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arithmetic but keep 2 decimal places

I am trying to perform arithmetric, for example, to increment the value of variable $a (say 3) by 0.05 but when I tried the following expression let a=a+0.05 or a=$((a+0.05)) both returned 3.0499999999999998 I want to keep 2 decimal places so it returns 3.05 instead. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: piynik
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Rounding to 2 decimal places

I have a number in a bash variable n, and want to round it to 2 decimal places. How can I do that? n=0.0867268 Need to have num=0.09 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing with decimal places from last 4 digits

I have input file like below, 201424|9999|OSS|622010|RGT|00378228764 201424|8888|OM|587079|RGT|00284329675 201424|7777|OM|587076|RGT|00128671024 201424|6666|OM|581528|RGT|00113552084 Output should be like below, should add decimal (.) from last 4 digits. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinothsekark
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decimal field round of

Hi, I want to round of decimal numbers in comma seperated lines till 2 decimal numbers. line will be like. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishal0746
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum the fields with 6 decimal places - getting only 2 decimal places as output

I used the below script to Sum up a field in a file based on some unique values. But the problem is when it is summing up the units, it is truncating to 2 decimals and not 6 decimals as in the input file (Input file has the units with up to 6 Decimals – Sample data below, when the units in the 2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brlsubbu
4 Replies
slarrj.f(3)							      LAPACK							       slarrj.f(3)

NAME
slarrj.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine slarrj (N, D, E2, IFIRST, ILAST, RTOL, OFFSET, W, WERR, WORK, IWORK, PIVMIN, SPDIAM, INFO) SLARRJ performs refinement of the initial estimates of the eigenvalues of the matrix T. Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine slarrj (integerN, real, dimension( * )D, real, dimension( * )E2, integerIFIRST, integerILAST, realRTOL, integerOFFSET, real, dimension( * )W, real, dimension( * )WERR, real, dimension( * )WORK, integer, dimension( * )IWORK, realPIVMIN, realSPDIAM, integerINFO) SLARRJ performs refinement of the initial estimates of the eigenvalues of the matrix T. Purpose: Given the initial eigenvalue approximations of T, SLARRJ does bisection to refine the eigenvalues of T, W( IFIRST-OFFSET ) through W( ILAST-OFFSET ), to more accuracy. Initial guesses for these eigenvalues are input in W, the corresponding estimate of the error in these guesses in WERR. During bisection, intervals [left, right] are maintained by storing their mid-points and semi-widths in the arrays W and WERR respectively. Parameters: N N is INTEGER The order of the matrix. D D is REAL array, dimension (N) The N diagonal elements of T. E2 E2 is REAL array, dimension (N-1) The Squares of the (N-1) subdiagonal elements of T. IFIRST IFIRST is INTEGER The index of the first eigenvalue to be computed. ILAST ILAST is INTEGER The index of the last eigenvalue to be computed. RTOL RTOL is REAL Tolerance for the convergence of the bisection intervals. An interval [LEFT,RIGHT] has converged if RIGHT-LEFT.LT.RTOL*MAX(|LEFT|,|RIGHT|). OFFSET OFFSET is INTEGER Offset for the arrays W and WERR, i.e., the IFIRST-OFFSET through ILAST-OFFSET elements of these arrays are to be used. W W is REAL array, dimension (N) On input, W( IFIRST-OFFSET ) through W( ILAST-OFFSET ) are estimates of the eigenvalues of L D L^T indexed IFIRST through ILAST. On output, these estimates are refined. WERR WERR is REAL array, dimension (N) On input, WERR( IFIRST-OFFSET ) through WERR( ILAST-OFFSET ) are the errors in the estimates of the corresponding elements in W. On output, these errors are refined. WORK WORK is REAL array, dimension (2*N) Workspace. IWORK IWORK is INTEGER array, dimension (2*N) Workspace. PIVMIN PIVMIN is REAL The minimum pivot in the Sturm sequence for T. SPDIAM SPDIAM is REAL The spectral diameter of T. INFO INFO is INTEGER Error flag. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: September 2012 Contributors: Beresford Parlett, University of California, Berkeley, USA Jim Demmel, University of California, Berkeley, USA Inderjit Dhillon, University of Texas, Austin, USA Osni Marques, LBNL/NERSC, USA Christof Voemel, University of California, Berkeley, USA Definition at line 167 of file slarrj.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.2 Tue Sep 25 2012 slarrj.f(3)