Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ODBC Hive error
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ODBC Hive error Post 302874451 by bdittmar on Friday 15th of November 2013 09:54:33 AM
Old 11-15-2013
just a thought !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_411
Hi ,

I am trying to setup HIVE ODBC with below setting
Code:
Host: Local host
port : 10000
Database : Default
Hive server type : Hive server 2
Mechanism: User

But getting below error:
Code:
Driver Version: V2.5.0.1001

Running connectivity tests...
Code:
Attempting connection
Failed to establish connection
SQLSTATE: HY000[Cloudera][Hardy] (34) Error from Hive: ETIMEDOUT.

TESTS COMPLETED WITH ERROR.

netstat -nl | grep 10000
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:10000               0.0.0.0:*                   LISTEN

---------- Post updated 11-12-13 at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous update was 11-11-13 at 01:59 PM ----------

I am still struck with the issue and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hello,

2.Add the following section to the DM's corresponding odbc.ini:
[Hive]
Driver = <path_to_libodbchive.so>
Description = Hive Driver v1
DATABASE = Default
HOST = <Hive_server_address> >> put your host IP here <<
PORT = <Hive_server_port>
FRAMED = 0

Regards

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

DBD::ODBC::st fetchrow_hashref failed: [unixODBC][Oracle][ODBC]Numeric value out of r

Here is part of my program code: #Collect the output of test database and count the no #of rows too while(my @array = $tstDbStatementHandle->fetchrow_array) { push @tstDbOutputArray,; $tstDbOutputRows++; } ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameerstephen
3 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Permission ERROR: Unable to load the User's Hive

Hi all, Please help me solving the error that i get when i trigger the job from autosys. The job is failing after going to restart start and it is throwing an "exit code:128". Please help me understand whats this exit code and how to overcome this. And when i check the logs its giving me an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bharath V
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job fails with [DataDirect][ODBC lib] Connection not open error

Hi, When run the script directly...it executes as expected. But when put it in crontab the job fails with this error: Connection not open 08003: Connection not open Unable to connect to the database... how come it is not able to connect when cron job fires?... Do I need to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nuthakki
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl ODBC error

my question (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sauravrout
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract hive table structure

Hi, I need to extract only the create table structure with columns alone. for eg hive_table show create table hive_table: create table hive_table(id number,age number) OUTPUTFORMAT 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.orc.OrcOutputFormat' LOCATION 'hdfs:/path/' I need only below ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
5 Replies

6. Programming

How to arhive hive external tables?

Hi Guys, Is there a way to check hive external tables which are created 90 days before and drop those tables along with underlying hdfs data. Can this be achieved in unix script? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Master_Mind
10 Replies
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::ODBC::ACCESS(3)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::ODBC::ACCESS(3)

NAME
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::ODBC::ACCESS - Support specific to MS Access over ODBC DESCRIPTION
This class implements support specific to Microsoft Access over ODBC. It is a subclass of DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::ODBC and DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::ACCESS, see those classes for more information. It is loaded automatically by by DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::ODBC when it detects a MS Access back-end. This driver implements workarounds for "IMAGE" and "MEMO" columns, and DBIx::Class::InflateColumn::DateTime support for "DATETIME" columns. EXAMPLE DSN
dbi:ODBC:driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)};dbq=C:Users kitoverDocumentsaccess_sample.accdb TEXT
/IMAGE/MEMO COLUMNS Avoid using "TEXT" columns as they will be truncated to 255 bytes. Some other drivers (like ADO) will automatically convert "TEXT" columns to "MEMO", but the ODBC driver does not. "IMAGE" columns work correctly, but the statements for inserting or updating an "IMAGE" column will not be cached, due to a bug in the Access ODBC driver. "MEMO" columns work correctly as well, but you must take care to set LongReadLen to "$max_memo_size * 2 + 1". This is done for you automatically if you pass LongReadLen in your connect_info; but if you set this attribute directly on the $dbh, keep this limitation in mind. AUTHOR
See "AUTHOR" in DBIx::Class and "CONTRIBUTORS" in DBIx::Class. LICENSE
You may distribute this code under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-08-16 DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::ODBC::ACCESS(3)