Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Manufacturer of OS in Solaris Post 302874411 by omkar.jadhav on Friday 15th of November 2013 05:38:02 AM
Old 11-15-2013
Manufacturer of OS in Solaris

need a command to specifically to check the manufacturer of the operating system for soalris machine....this doubt sounds silly but i am just looking for specific command which will give me the manufacturer for soalris. Smilie

can we use
Code:
uname -s

as the manufacturer of the OS..i guess manufacturer will be Oracle corporation

can someone help in getting this.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

memory manufacturer command

Does anybody know the command i issue to find out the manufacturer of the RAM modules in my machine ....ie KINGSTON etc ....i know there is one because I saw sombody use it the other day cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

3. Solaris

Manufacturer name of computer system(hardware) , processor

Hi All, Can someone let me know the method or set of commands by which i can retrive manufacturer name of computer system (hardware of machine ) and manufacturer of processor. i get below information when fired psrinfo command : psrinfo -vp The physical processor has 1 virtual processor... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
6 Replies
CD-CREATE-PROFILE(1)													      CD-CREATE-PROFILE(1)

NAME
cd-create-profile - Color Manager Profile Creation Tool SYNOPSIS
cd-create-profile [ --verbose ] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the cd-create-profile command. cd-create-profile allows an administrator to create ICC profiles on thier system. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --help Show summary of options. --description (optional) Sets the profile description. --copyright (optional) Sets the profile copyright. --model (optional) Sets the profile model. --manufacturer (optional) Sets the profile manufacturer. --srgb-palette Specifies a comma seporated values file that is used for the named color. The format of the CSV file must be "Color Name",0-255(red),0-255(green),0-255(blue). --output Specifies the output ICC filename. --nc-prefix (optional) Specifies the named color palette prefix. --nc-suffix (optional) Specifies the named color palette suffix. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Richard Hughes <richard@hughsie.com>. 8 April,1011 CD-CREATE-PROFILE(1)