Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Changing fonts with Acroread
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Changing fonts with Acroread Post 302873959 by DGPickett on Wednesday 13th of November 2013 02:40:44 PM
Old 11-13-2013
If you pdf print it on windows, the result may work better. Usually pdf is platform and local font independent. Can you select all and copy the text?

---------- Post updated at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:12 PM ----------

If you pdf print it on windows to a pdf printer like CutePDF, the result may work better. Usually pdf is platform and local font independent.

Can you select all and copy the text? No word processor on your Solaris CDE menus? You can get the GNOME WP: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19683-01/...447/index.html

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fonts?

NEWBIE HERE...by default, where are the font files located (ttf's) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: geek01
1 Replies

2. Linux

acroread command giving error

Hi, When I run the command acroread it is giving error ERROR: Cannot find installation directory. When I look at /usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/bin/ an exicutable file named acroread is there. When i run ./acroread from that directory it is working . What can i do so that I can give... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamjayanth
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Fonts on SunOS 5.6

I work in a SunOS server. I want to check which is the default font. Actually I need to check which font is using right now in Terminal and how to change it. Please help me suggesting the command set ---------- Post updated 08-23-09 at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous update was 08-22-09 at... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoeb
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting secured pdf files to pdf using acroread

Does anybody have idea of Converting secured pdf files to pdf using acroread ? ---------- Post updated at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:44 PM ---------- This file is not password protected. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
4 Replies
pdfseparate(1)						      General Commands Manual						    pdfseparate(1)

NAME
pdfseparate - Portable Document Format (PDF) page extractor SYNOPSIS
pdfseparate [options] PDF-file PDF-page-pattern DESCRIPTION
pdfseparate extract single pages from a Portable Document Format (PDF). pdfseparate reads the PDF file PDF-file, extracts one or more pages, and writes one PDF file for each page to PDF-page-pattern, PDF-page- pattern should contain %d The PDF-file should not be encrypted. OPTIONS
-f number Specifies the first page to extract. If -f is omitted, extraction starts with page 1. -l number Specifies the last page to extract. if -p is omitted, extraction ends with the last page. -v Print copyright and version information. -h Print usage information. (-help and --help are equivalent.) EXAMPLE
pdfseparate sample.pdf sample-%d.pdf extracts all pages from sample.pdf, if i.e. sample.pdf has 3 pages, it produces sample-1.pdf, sample-2.pdf, sample-3.pdf AUTHOR
The pdfseparate software and documentation are copyright 1996-2004 Glyph & Cog, LLC and copyright 2005-2011 The Poppler Developers - http://poppler.freedesktop.org SEE ALSO
pdfunite(1), 15 September 2011 pdfseparate(1)