Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Changing fonts with Acroread
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Changing fonts with Acroread Post 302873959 by DGPickett on Wednesday 13th of November 2013 02:40:44 PM
Old 11-13-2013
If you pdf print it on windows, the result may work better. Usually pdf is platform and local font independent. Can you select all and copy the text?

---------- Post updated at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:12 PM ----------

If you pdf print it on windows to a pdf printer like CutePDF, the result may work better. Usually pdf is platform and local font independent.

Can you select all and copy the text? No word processor on your Solaris CDE menus? You can get the GNOME WP: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19683-01/...447/index.html

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fonts?

NEWBIE HERE...by default, where are the font files located (ttf's) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: geek01
1 Replies

2. Linux

acroread command giving error

Hi, When I run the command acroread it is giving error ERROR: Cannot find installation directory. When I look at /usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/bin/ an exicutable file named acroread is there. When i run ./acroread from that directory it is working . What can i do so that I can give... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamjayanth
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Fonts on SunOS 5.6

I work in a SunOS server. I want to check which is the default font. Actually I need to check which font is using right now in Terminal and how to change it. Please help me suggesting the command set ---------- Post updated 08-23-09 at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous update was 08-22-09 at... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoeb
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting secured pdf files to pdf using acroread

Does anybody have idea of Converting secured pdf files to pdf using acroread ? ---------- Post updated at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:44 PM ---------- This file is not password protected. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
4 Replies
BOOKLETIMPOSER(1)					      General Commands Manual						 BOOKLETIMPOSER(1)

NAME
bookletimposer - An utility to reorganize PDF pages SYNOPSIS
bookletimposer [options] [input-file] bookletimposer -a [options] input-file DESCRIPTION
bookletimposer is an utility to achieve some basic imposition on PDF documents, especially designed to work on booklets. It allows: o to transform linear documents to booklets; o to reduce a document to put many on one sheet (for tracts for example); o to transform booklets to linear documents. It is a free software released under the GNU General Public License, either version 3 or (at your option) any later version. OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit. -h, --help show an help message and exit. -o OUTFILE, --output=OUTFILE set output PDF file to OUTFILE. -a, --no-gui automatic converstion (don't show the user interface). In that mode, the input file must be defined. -i, --gui show the user interface (default). -b, --booklet produce a booklet out of a linear document (default). -l, --linearize produce a linear document out of a booklet. -n, --no-reorganisation don't reorganize (will only scale and assemble pages). -c, --copy-pages copy the same group of input pages on one output page. -p PAGES_PER_SHEET, --pages-per-sheet=PAGES_PER_SHEET number of pages per sheet, in the format HORIZONTALxVERTICAL, e.g. 2x1. -f OUTPUT_FORMAT, --format=OUTPUT_FORMAT output page format, e.g. A4 or A3R. -k, --keep do not overwrite output file if it exists. EXAMPLES
bookletimposer Displays the GTK+ user interface. bookletimposer --no-gui --booklet --pages-per-sheet=2x1 --output=out.pdf in.pdf Converts in.pdf into a booklet with two pages per sheet an saves the result as out.pdf. bookletimposer --no-gui --linearise --pages-per-sheet=2x1 in.pdf Converts the two-pages-per-sheet booklet in.pdf into a page-by-page PDF. As the output file name is not defined, it will default to in- conv.pdf. SEE ALSO
pdfshuffler(1) BookletImposer source code and documentation can be found on the web at <https://kjo.herbesfolles.org/bookletimposer/> KNOWN ISSUES
BookletImposer is under development, which means that for the moment, some things work, some others do not... Thanks to report bugs to <kjo@a4nancy.net.eu.org> if you find some! AUTHORS
Kjo Hansi Glaz <kjo@a4nancy.net.eu.org>. bookletimposer user manual 2012 BOOKLETIMPOSER(1)