Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SPARCVII+ vs. T5 comparision
Operating Systems Solaris SPARCVII+ vs. T5 comparision Post 302873561 by bartus11 on Tuesday 12th of November 2013 11:16:46 AM
Old 11-12-2013
Assuming that newest SPARC processors (T4 and T5) behave like T1, which is 8 years old, is unwise in my opinion. T4 is known for it's boost for single threaded processing (which T5 inherited).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

while - comparision

Hi, Please find the attached scriplet and suggest me to fix the bug in this. ----------------------------------- noofdirs=`ls *.tar | wc -l` if ; then let i=1 while ( $i <= $noofdirs ) ; do echo $i mkdir $i file1=`ls *.tar | head -1` mv $file1 $i i =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File comparision

HI, I would like to know how to compare two files and replace non-matching lines with "_" . I can get non-mathing lines with grep -v -f file1 file2 i just want to knw how to display 'file2' with non-matching lines from 'file1' replaced by "_" for exmaple file1: a b c d ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddy81
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File comparision

Hi All I have to files cat a.txt AAA BBB CCC DDD and cat b.txt AAA CCC EEE i want to compare these two files and o/p should have content of file a.txt which is not in file b.txt c.txt BBB DDD Please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aaysa123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File comparision

Hi All I have to files cat a.txt AAA BBB CCC DDD and cat b.txt AAA CCC EEE i want to compare these two files and o/p should have content of file a.txt which is not in file b.txt c.txt BBB DDD Please help me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaysa123
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Comparision of two files.

File Structure file1.txt.arch 029429288,1,,,02087400376,N,02087400376,N,0,02087400376,N,0,0,8010,08000151736,U,N,,08000151736,U,20100726111237,20100726111237,0,20100726111651,00004140,16,16,10,N;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravigupta2u
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

String comparision

I have a string like ab or abc of whatever length. But i want to know whether another string ( for example, abcfghijkl, OR a<space> bcfghijkl ab<space> cfghijkl OR a<space>bcfghijkl OR ab<space> c<space> fghijkl ) starts with ab or abc... space might existing on the longer string... If so, i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nram_krishna@ya
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Comparision

I want to compare two strings using awk dynamically without trimming the spaces and want to find the count of matching string. Input Strings file: File1 content (file1): " a " " a2 " File2 content (file2): " a " " a " " a2 " " b2 " " c2 "... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AhmedLakadkutta
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in comparision of two strings

I have two files. one files contain counts and second contain string. Now i have to compare two string . if two string are same i have to add count. If strings are same more than once i have to display final output. like this >Count.txt 1 3 12 4 5 6 1 >strings.txt AA BB BB... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pjlotiya
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Permission Comparision

Hi, I need to know how to compare the permissions of files which are in two different directories in Unix.. Experts - can any one help on this..!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanis
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk comparision

Hi Everyone I am new to Unix shell scripting Can anyone please explain me in detail how this command works awk -F@ 'NR==FNR{A=$2;next}$3 in A{$3=A}1' file2 file1 The above command I got it from this forum, but unable to implement it as I am not getting how this works:mad: I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijay90
3 Replies
IMPTRACE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       IMPTRACE(1)

NAME
imptrace -- report importance donation events in real time SYNOPSIS
imptrace [-i [-s]] [-p pid] [-d] DESCRIPTION
The imptrace utility displays a trace of importance donation events. Importance donation is used by adaptive jobs on the system to manage their priority on the system. See xpc_transaction_begin(3) and launchd.plist(5) for more information about the mechanism and its use. The options are as follows: -i Show internal kernel boosts -s Show stacks for internal boosts. -p pid Limit events to the process identified by pid. -d Display raw Dtrace output; do not reformat timestamps and sort output. The traced events are as follows: BOOSTED The specified process has received a boost and transitioned out of the background. UNBOOST The specified process has dropped its last remaining boost and transitioned back into the background. Recv Boost The specified process has received a boost and accepted ownership of that boost in userspace, usually by dequeuing the boost- ing message. Drop Boost The specified process has dropped a boost. ____ Int Boost Internal boost events are only emitted when tracking of kernel internal boosts is activated with the -i option. Their use and meaning is subject to change and dependent on the implementation details of importance donation. EXAMPLES
The imptrace script will output one line for each event, for example a typical boosting exchange might look as follows: 0000:00:00.000000000 EVENT PROCESS BOOSTS NOTES 0023:15:13.844332886 BOOSTED 22:configd 0023:15:13.844372519 Recv Boost 22:configd 1 from 275:SystemUIServer 0023:15:13.844497860 UNBOOST 22:configd Boosted for 0 ms 0023:15:13.844509452 Drop Boost 22:configd 0 In this case, SystemUIServer (PID 275) has sent a message to configd (PID 22) which caused it to be boosted. configd then dropped the boost causing it to be become unboosted and return to background state. Boosted and unboost events may appear before the triggering recv or drop boost. NOTES
imptrace is implemented using Dtrace. For information about the probes used, see comments in the imptrace source. When debugging an adap- tive service, it may be helpful to combine these probes with other Dtrace providers; however, they should be considered unstable. OS X
May 01, 2013 OS X