Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SPARCVII+ vs. T5 comparision
Operating Systems Solaris SPARCVII+ vs. T5 comparision Post 302873535 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 12th of November 2013 10:11:46 AM
Old 11-12-2013
I have run single-thread integer and FPU benchmarks on Niagara T1 and T2 processors,
and compared with various other Sparc systems (M series and older Sparc Fire systems).
The factor (execution speed versus clock rate) was about 0.5.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

while - comparision

Hi, Please find the attached scriplet and suggest me to fix the bug in this. ----------------------------------- noofdirs=`ls *.tar | wc -l` if ; then let i=1 while ( $i <= $noofdirs ) ; do echo $i mkdir $i file1=`ls *.tar | head -1` mv $file1 $i i =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File comparision

HI, I would like to know how to compare two files and replace non-matching lines with "_" . I can get non-mathing lines with grep -v -f file1 file2 i just want to knw how to display 'file2' with non-matching lines from 'file1' replaced by "_" for exmaple file1: a b c d ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddy81
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File comparision

Hi All I have to files cat a.txt AAA BBB CCC DDD and cat b.txt AAA CCC EEE i want to compare these two files and o/p should have content of file a.txt which is not in file b.txt c.txt BBB DDD Please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aaysa123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File comparision

Hi All I have to files cat a.txt AAA BBB CCC DDD and cat b.txt AAA CCC EEE i want to compare these two files and o/p should have content of file a.txt which is not in file b.txt c.txt BBB DDD Please help me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaysa123
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Comparision of two files.

File Structure file1.txt.arch 029429288,1,,,02087400376,N,02087400376,N,0,02087400376,N,0,0,8010,08000151736,U,N,,08000151736,U,20100726111237,20100726111237,0,20100726111651,00004140,16,16,10,N;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravigupta2u
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

String comparision

I have a string like ab or abc of whatever length. But i want to know whether another string ( for example, abcfghijkl, OR a<space> bcfghijkl ab<space> cfghijkl OR a<space>bcfghijkl OR ab<space> c<space> fghijkl ) starts with ab or abc... space might existing on the longer string... If so, i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nram_krishna@ya
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Comparision

I want to compare two strings using awk dynamically without trimming the spaces and want to find the count of matching string. Input Strings file: File1 content (file1): " a " " a2 " File2 content (file2): " a " " a " " a2 " " b2 " " c2 "... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AhmedLakadkutta
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in comparision of two strings

I have two files. one files contain counts and second contain string. Now i have to compare two string . if two string are same i have to add count. If strings are same more than once i have to display final output. like this >Count.txt 1 3 12 4 5 6 1 >strings.txt AA BB BB... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pjlotiya
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Permission Comparision

Hi, I need to know how to compare the permissions of files which are in two different directories in Unix.. Experts - can any one help on this..!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanis
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk comparision

Hi Everyone I am new to Unix shell scripting Can anyone please explain me in detail how this command works awk -F@ 'NR==FNR{A=$2;next}$3 in A{$3=A}1' file2 file1 The above command I got it from this forum, but unable to implement it as I am not getting how this works:mad: I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijay90
3 Replies
SPEED(1SSL)							      OpenSSL							       SPEED(1SSL)

NAME
openssl-speed, speed - test library performance SYNOPSIS
openssl speed [-help] [-engine id] [-elapsed] [-evp algo] [-decrypt] [-rand file...] [-writerand file] [-primes num] [-seconds num] [-bytes num] [algorithm...] DESCRIPTION
This command is used to test the performance of cryptographic algorithms. To see the list of supported algorithms, use the list --digest-commands or list --cipher-commands command. The global CSPRNG is denoted by the rand algorithm name. OPTIONS
-help Print out a usage message. -engine id Specifying an engine (by its unique id string) will cause speed to attempt to obtain a functional reference to the specified engine, thus initialising it if needed. The engine will then be set as the default for all available algorithms. -elapsed When calculating operations- or bytes-per-second, use wall-clock time instead of CPU user time as divisor. It can be useful when testing speed of hardware engines. -evp algo Use the specified cipher or message digest algorithm via the EVP interface. If algo is an AEAD cipher, then you can pass <-aead> to benchmark a TLS-like sequence. And if algo is a multi-buffer capable cipher, e.g. aes-128-cbc-hmac-sha1, then -mb will time multi- buffer operation. -decrypt Time the decryption instead of encryption. Affects only the EVP testing. -rand file... A file or files containing random data used to seed the random number generator. Multiple files can be specified separated by an OS- dependent character. The separator is ; for MS-Windows, , for OpenVMS, and : for all others. [-writerand file] Writes random data to the specified file upon exit. This can be used with a subsequent -rand flag. -primes num Generate a num-prime RSA key and use it to run the benchmarks. This option is only effective if RSA algorithm is specified to test. -seconds num Run benchmarks for num seconds. -bytes num Run benchmarks on num-byte buffers. Affects ciphers, digests and the CSPRNG. [zero or more test algorithms] If any options are given, speed tests those algorithms, otherwise a pre-compiled grand selection is tested. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2000-2018 The OpenSSL Project Authors. All Rights Reserved. Licensed under the OpenSSL license (the "License"). You may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You can obtain a copy in the file LICENSE in the source distribution or at <https://www.openssl.org/source/license.html>. 1.1.1a 2018-12-18 SPEED(1SSL)