Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SPARCVII+ vs. T5 comparision
Operating Systems Solaris SPARCVII+ vs. T5 comparision Post 302873391 by bartus11 on Tuesday 12th of November 2013 04:35:41 AM
Old 11-12-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInGermany
Note that the T (Niagara) architecture runs the CPU cores with half the given clock speed i.e. 1.8 GHz.
Normal single-thread applications run slower than on the M series.
Could you elaborate on that? http://www.oracle.com/us/products/se...ds-1922871.pdf specifies the CPU frequency as 3.6GHz...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

while - comparision

Hi, Please find the attached scriplet and suggest me to fix the bug in this. ----------------------------------- noofdirs=`ls *.tar | wc -l` if ; then let i=1 while ( $i <= $noofdirs ) ; do echo $i mkdir $i file1=`ls *.tar | head -1` mv $file1 $i i =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File comparision

HI, I would like to know how to compare two files and replace non-matching lines with "_" . I can get non-mathing lines with grep -v -f file1 file2 i just want to knw how to display 'file2' with non-matching lines from 'file1' replaced by "_" for exmaple file1: a b c d ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddy81
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File comparision

Hi All I have to files cat a.txt AAA BBB CCC DDD and cat b.txt AAA CCC EEE i want to compare these two files and o/p should have content of file a.txt which is not in file b.txt c.txt BBB DDD Please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aaysa123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File comparision

Hi All I have to files cat a.txt AAA BBB CCC DDD and cat b.txt AAA CCC EEE i want to compare these two files and o/p should have content of file a.txt which is not in file b.txt c.txt BBB DDD Please help me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaysa123
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Comparision of two files.

File Structure file1.txt.arch 029429288,1,,,02087400376,N,02087400376,N,0,02087400376,N,0,0,8010,08000151736,U,N,,08000151736,U,20100726111237,20100726111237,0,20100726111651,00004140,16,16,10,N;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravigupta2u
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

String comparision

I have a string like ab or abc of whatever length. But i want to know whether another string ( for example, abcfghijkl, OR a<space> bcfghijkl ab<space> cfghijkl OR a<space>bcfghijkl OR ab<space> c<space> fghijkl ) starts with ab or abc... space might existing on the longer string... If so, i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nram_krishna@ya
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Comparision

I want to compare two strings using awk dynamically without trimming the spaces and want to find the count of matching string. Input Strings file: File1 content (file1): " a " " a2 " File2 content (file2): " a " " a " " a2 " " b2 " " c2 "... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AhmedLakadkutta
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in comparision of two strings

I have two files. one files contain counts and second contain string. Now i have to compare two string . if two string are same i have to add count. If strings are same more than once i have to display final output. like this >Count.txt 1 3 12 4 5 6 1 >strings.txt AA BB BB... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pjlotiya
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Permission Comparision

Hi, I need to know how to compare the permissions of files which are in two different directories in Unix.. Experts - can any one help on this..!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanis
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk comparision

Hi Everyone I am new to Unix shell scripting Can anyone please explain me in detail how this command works awk -F@ 'NR==FNR{A=$2;next}$3 in A{$3=A}1' file2 file1 The above command I got it from this forum, but unable to implement it as I am not getting how this works:mad: I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijay90
3 Replies
SPEED(1SSL)							      OpenSSL							       SPEED(1SSL)

NAME
openssl-speed, speed - test library performance SYNOPSIS
openssl speed [-help] [-engine id] [-elapsed] [-evp algo] [-decrypt] [-rand file...] [-writerand file] [-primes num] [-seconds num] [-bytes num] [algorithm...] DESCRIPTION
This command is used to test the performance of cryptographic algorithms. To see the list of supported algorithms, use the list --digest-commands or list --cipher-commands command. The global CSPRNG is denoted by the rand algorithm name. OPTIONS
-help Print out a usage message. -engine id Specifying an engine (by its unique id string) will cause speed to attempt to obtain a functional reference to the specified engine, thus initialising it if needed. The engine will then be set as the default for all available algorithms. -elapsed When calculating operations- or bytes-per-second, use wall-clock time instead of CPU user time as divisor. It can be useful when testing speed of hardware engines. -evp algo Use the specified cipher or message digest algorithm via the EVP interface. If algo is an AEAD cipher, then you can pass <-aead> to benchmark a TLS-like sequence. And if algo is a multi-buffer capable cipher, e.g. aes-128-cbc-hmac-sha1, then -mb will time multi- buffer operation. -decrypt Time the decryption instead of encryption. Affects only the EVP testing. -rand file... A file or files containing random data used to seed the random number generator. Multiple files can be specified separated by an OS- dependent character. The separator is ; for MS-Windows, , for OpenVMS, and : for all others. [-writerand file] Writes random data to the specified file upon exit. This can be used with a subsequent -rand flag. -primes num Generate a num-prime RSA key and use it to run the benchmarks. This option is only effective if RSA algorithm is specified to test. -seconds num Run benchmarks for num seconds. -bytes num Run benchmarks on num-byte buffers. Affects ciphers, digests and the CSPRNG. [zero or more test algorithms] If any options are given, speed tests those algorithms, otherwise a pre-compiled grand selection is tested. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2000-2018 The OpenSSL Project Authors. All Rights Reserved. Licensed under the OpenSSL license (the "License"). You may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You can obtain a copy in the file LICENSE in the source distribution or at <https://www.openssl.org/source/license.html>. 1.1.1a 2018-12-18 SPEED(1SSL)