Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disk cloning ?
Operating Systems Linux Disk cloning ? Post 302873173 by fpmurphy on Monday 11th of November 2013 09:16:12 AM
Old 11-11-2013
Was the size of the /dev/sdc disk at least the size of the /dev/sdb disk? Is the disk geometry similar? If so, it is possible that there is an error with the /dev/sdc disk. You could use a utility like smartctl or badblocks to check for such errors.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Disk cloning

Hello everybody, :confused: I have to change the system disk on an old PC running SCO 5.0.5. The disk is up and running, this is a preventive action. My experience on UNIX is very limited and I look for the easyest solution to clone this unit. Is it possible with commands or through a clone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhachez
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Hpux Disk Cloning

hello, Anybody that has already running script or command that can disk clone the hpux machine thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eykyn17
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Disk cloning using ufsrestore

I am using ufsdump and ufsrestore to clone the root disk on one of my servers. I would like to automate this as much as possible, but have run into a problem where it prompts for changing the owner/mode when it is complete. Any ideas for running this in the background and not being prompted? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patricko0317
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

cloning a server

I wish to clone a RedHat EL5 server. What's the easiest way to do this? Thanks :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wazzu62
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Problem by cloning boot disk.

Hello guys! I use the Solaris 10 x86 machine. I need to clone the boot disk. Why, when I copy slice 1 - there is a following: # ufsdump 0f - /dev/rdsk/c0d0s1 | (cd /mnt && ufsrestore rf - ) DUMP: Warning - super-block on device `/dev/rdsk/c0d01` is corrupt - run fsck Dump: The Entire... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
6 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Automated disk cloning

Hi, I'm running Ubuntu on my laptop. To keep my data safe and easy disaster recovery as well I bought similar HDD to one installed in my laptop with higher capacity and using USB box I'm doing disk clone to it. So at any time I can replace disk and carry on with my work as before. I'm trying... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uvaio
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cloning

Hi, Is there disadvantages if we do AIX Serevr cloning to the new AIX server. Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmsekhar
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

HP-UX server cloning

Hello Friends, Am in requirement to clone a Live HP-UX server here's details OS: HpUX B-11.11 with mirrored LVM disks . S/ws: Remedy, XML engine, Annoysystem, Oracle All Oracle, XMl and Remedy data is on SAM LUN which is used for clustering . My requirement to create a clone server and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
10 Replies

9. Ubuntu

dd cloning of whole disk

I am using 'dd' to clone an entire hard drive which only has Ubuntu 11.10 and some data with no special options. The disks are both 1Tb, However, I did re-partition the target disk with gparted successfully. The new partions are not the same size as the source disk. When starting 'dd' no partitions... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: Royalist
24 Replies
FDFORMAT(8)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       FDFORMAT(8)

NAME
fdformat - Low-level formats a floppy disk SYNOPSIS
fdformat [ -n ] device DESCRIPTION
fdformat does a low level format on a floppy disk. device is usually one of the following (for floppy devices, the major = 2, and the minor is shown for informational purposes only): /dev/fd0d360 (minor = 4) /dev/fd0h1200 (minor = 8) /dev/fd0D360 (minor = 12) /dev/fd0H360 (minor = 12) /dev/fd0D720 (minor = 16) /dev/fd0H720 (minor = 16) /dev/fd0h360 (minor = 20) /dev/fd0h720 (minor = 24) /dev/fd0H1440 (minor = 28) /dev/fd1d360 (minor = 5) /dev/fd1h1200 (minor = 9) /dev/fd1D360 (minor = 13) /dev/fd1H360 (minor = 13) /dev/fd1D720 (minor = 17) /dev/fd1H720 (minor = 17) /dev/fd1h360 (minor = 21) /dev/fd1h720 (minor = 25) /dev/fd1H1440 (minor = 29) The generic floppy devices, /dev/fd0 and /dev/fd1, will fail to work with fdformat when a non-standard format is being used, or if the for- mat has not been autodetected earlier. In this case, use setfdprm(8) to load the disk parameters. OPTIONS
-n No verify. This option will disable the verification that is performed after the format. SEE ALSO
fd(4), setfdprm(8), mkfs(8), emkfs(8) AUTHOR
Werner Almesberger (almesber@nessie.cs.id.ethz.ch) Linux 0.99 1 February 1993 FDFORMAT(8)