Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sample Script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sample Script Post 302873089 by raj_saini20 on Monday 11th of November 2013 06:40:54 AM
Old 11-11-2013
you can use the substitution example take the value in variable and use

Code:
${var/[//}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample Unix script file to convert .xml to .csv

Dear all, Can you send me a script file the changes .xml to .csv file. Thanks, Srinivasa (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasaphani
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sample of script that control a daemon

Hi everybody, Does somebody has a sample of script that control a daemon? for example use loop until the daemon is on and if is not on do something else? Thanks Pier (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pierrelaval
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample ksh script for copy the data from excel to database table ?

Hi All, I need to convert the data from excel to database table in sybase. Please provide some sample script.. thanks, Royal. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royal9482
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sample script to archive & move previous day syslog files

hi all. Please help me with archiving previous day syslog files. the files have no extension and have the format YYYY-MM-DD. I want to archive the file then move it to some other machine. thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample Practical

Hello Today I had a beautiful test to write some commands using Ubuntu, now I want to make sure of my answers to be reassured, if I had a mistake please correct me List all files details under ubuntu Desktop. my answer: cd Desktop |ls -l Navigate to your Desktop directory and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: S4K
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typo in sample script from book?

Hello, I'm new to this forum, and I apologize in advance if I did something wrong here. I am pretty stumped here as I am still getting the error message, "./comc1.sh: test: argument expected." after executing the script itself. Here's the script file I modified: I tried executing line 4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ConcealedKnight
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any Sample ksh script to validate all the database objects

Hi, I need a sample script to validate all the database objects like 1. table structure(columns, datatypes,key contraints if any) 2. synonyms 3. grants 4. indexes ....etc thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_sagi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script that processes a sample of a file

hi all, I need some help in regards of how to process just a sample from a large .txt file I have a large file from many new lines (say above 200.000 new lines), I need a script that process just a sample of it, say 10.000 bur a random sample (taking rows from top top to the the bottom) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: c_lady
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample output

hi gurus , i want the command to get the output in the desired format . basically to convert columns to rows. please refer to the attachment. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sample shell script to add a user

Sample shell script to add a user: Today i learn how to add a user to linux server with a password. #!/bin/bash # Script to add a user to Linux system if ; then read -p "Enter username : " username read -s -p "Enter password : " password egrep "^$username" /etc/passwd >/dev/null if ;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulaxmi
0 Replies
Tcl_SubstObj(3) 					      Tcl Library Procedures						   Tcl_SubstObj(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_SubstObj - perform substitutions on Tcl objects SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_Obj * Tcl_SubstObj(interp, objPtr, flags) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter in which to execute Tcl scripts and lookup variables. If an error occurs, the interpreter's result is modified to hold an error message. Tcl_Obj *objPtr (in) A Tcl object containing the string to perform substitutions on. int flags (in) ORed combination of flag bits that specify which substitutions to perform. The flags TCL_SUBST_COM- MANDS, TCL_SUBST_VARIABLES and TCL_SUBST_BACKSLASHES are currently supported, and TCL_SUBST_ALL is pro- vided as a convenience for the common case where all substitutions are desired. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The Tcl_SubstObj function is used to perform substitutions on strings in the fashion of the subst command. It gets the value of the string contained in objPtr and scans it, copying characters and performing the chosen substitutions as it goes to an output object which is returned as the result of the function. In the event of an error occurring during the execution of a command or variable substitution, the function returns NULL and an error message is left in interp's result. Three kinds of substitutions are supported. When the TCL_SUBST_BACKSLASHES bit is set in flags, sequences that look like backslash substi- tutions for Tcl commands are replaced by their corresponding character. When the TCL_SUBST_VARIABLES bit is set in flags, sequences that look like variable substitutions for Tcl commands are replaced by the con- tents of the named variable. When the TCL_SUBST_COMMANDS bit is set in flags, sequences that look like command substitutions for Tcl commands are replaced by the result of evaluating that script. Where an uncaught "continue exception" occurs during the evaluation of a command substitution, an empty string is substituted for the command. Where an uncaught "break exception" occurs during the evaluation of a command substitution, the result of the whole substitution on objPtr will be truncated at the point immediately before the start of the command substitution, and no characters will be added to the result or substitutions performed after that point. SEE ALSO
subst(n) KEYWORDS
backslash substitution, command substitution, variable substitution Tcl 8.4 Tcl_SubstObj(3)