Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sample Script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sample Script Post 302873055 by wisecracker on Monday 11th of November 2013 04:54:10 AM
Old 11-11-2013
Not sure if it is homework but......

You could try modifying this as a starter:-

https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?p...#post302871693

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample Unix script file to convert .xml to .csv

Dear all, Can you send me a script file the changes .xml to .csv file. Thanks, Srinivasa (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasaphani
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sample of script that control a daemon

Hi everybody, Does somebody has a sample of script that control a daemon? for example use loop until the daemon is on and if is not on do something else? Thanks Pier (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pierrelaval
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample ksh script for copy the data from excel to database table ?

Hi All, I need to convert the data from excel to database table in sybase. Please provide some sample script.. thanks, Royal. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royal9482
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sample script to archive & move previous day syslog files

hi all. Please help me with archiving previous day syslog files. the files have no extension and have the format YYYY-MM-DD. I want to archive the file then move it to some other machine. thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample Practical

Hello Today I had a beautiful test to write some commands using Ubuntu, now I want to make sure of my answers to be reassured, if I had a mistake please correct me List all files details under ubuntu Desktop. my answer: cd Desktop |ls -l Navigate to your Desktop directory and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: S4K
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typo in sample script from book?

Hello, I'm new to this forum, and I apologize in advance if I did something wrong here. I am pretty stumped here as I am still getting the error message, "./comc1.sh: test: argument expected." after executing the script itself. Here's the script file I modified: I tried executing line 4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ConcealedKnight
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any Sample ksh script to validate all the database objects

Hi, I need a sample script to validate all the database objects like 1. table structure(columns, datatypes,key contraints if any) 2. synonyms 3. grants 4. indexes ....etc thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_sagi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script that processes a sample of a file

hi all, I need some help in regards of how to process just a sample from a large .txt file I have a large file from many new lines (say above 200.000 new lines), I need a script that process just a sample of it, say 10.000 bur a random sample (taking rows from top top to the the bottom) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: c_lady
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample output

hi gurus , i want the command to get the output in the desired format . basically to convert columns to rows. please refer to the attachment. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sample shell script to add a user

Sample shell script to add a user: Today i learn how to add a user to linux server with a password. #!/bin/bash # Script to add a user to Linux system if ; then read -p "Enter username : " username read -s -p "Enter password : " password egrep "^$username" /etc/passwd >/dev/null if ;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulaxmi
0 Replies
Locale::Script(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				       Locale::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Script(3pm)