Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to avoid "override protection 644 (yes/no)?" -ksh 88 Post 302872967 by smile689 on Monday 11th of November 2013 12:16:33 AM
Old 11-11-2013
How to avoid "override protection 644 (yes/no)?" -ksh 88

Hi All,
I'm using Ksh 88 version.

I'm trying to remove the files using the below script .The code is working fine but i'm getting override protection 644 (yes/no)?
message for every file .. Pelase suggest
Code:
#!/usr/bin/ksh
set -x
File_Path="/etc/home/logs"
Dest_Path="/etc/home/temp"
days=60
file_nm="xx"

find $File_Path/*$file_nm* -type f -atime +$days -exec mv {} $Dest_Path \;
echo "Deleted The Files"

Upon executing the above script I'm getting the following Message. How can i avoid this message as I need to say "y" for all the files
Code:
mv: /etc/home/temp/xx11: override protection 644 (yes/no)?

please suggest me how can I avoid that message .

Thank You

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avoid "++ requires lvalue" Error in Loop Calculation

Hi All, Please help me to perform sum of values in a loop, I am getting following error: "total=0++432907765772: ++ requires lvalue" where actual statement is as : total=$total+$amt where amt can have +ve or -ve values Thanks Sandeepb (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepb
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

script running with "ksh" dumping core but not with "sh"

Hi, I have small script written in korn shell. When it is called from different script, its dumping core, but no core dump when we run it standalone. And its not dumping core if we run the script using "/bin/sh" instead of "ksh" Can some body please help me how to resolve this issue. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: simhe02
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining 3 AWK scripts to avoid use "temp" files

Hi everyone, Looking for a suggestion to improve the below script in which I´ve been working. The thing is I have 3 separated AWK scripts that I need to apply over the inputfile, and for scripts (2) and (3) I have to use a "temp" file as their inputfile (inputfile_temp and inputfile_temp1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

override protection 644 (yes/no)?

Hi pls help me out to short out this problem rm PAB113_011.out rm: PAB113_011.out: override protection 644 (yes/no)? n If i give y it remove the file. But i added the rm command as a part of ksh file and i tried to remove the file. Its not removing and the the file prompting as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sri_aue
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Purpose of "read" and "$END$" in ksh ?

Hi, Could anyone please shed some light on the following script lines and what is it doing as it was written by an ex-administrator? cat $AMS/version|read a b verno d DBVer=$(/usr/bin/printf "%7s" $verno) I checked that the cat $AMS/version command returns following output: ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbadmin100
10 Replies

7. Solaris

How to avoid "cannot execute" issue with a runnable jar file?

I am trying to understand why the runnable jar file runs on one Unix server, but not the other with same environment settings. I copied exact same test jar from here --> http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/javatips/javatip127/MakeJarRunnable.zip on to both Unix servers. Then changed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid "Too many arguments" error, when passing a long String literal as input to a command?

Hi, I am using awk here. Inside an awk script, I have a variable which contains a very long XML data in string format (500kb). I want to pass this data (as argument) to curl command using system function. But getting Too many arguments error due to length of string data(payloadBlock). I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cool.aquarian
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid the "temp files" in my script?

Hi ! :) I noticed that I create often of temporary files to keep character strings or other and I wish to avoid that if possible ? e.g : #!/bin/bash CONFIG_FILE="conf.cfg" TEMP_HOSTNAME="temp_file1.txt" for IP in `egrep -o '({1,3}\.){3}{1,3}' $CONFIG_FILE` do ssh "$IP"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid rsync "The authenticity of host" prompt?

Hi, I wish to bypass the rsync prompt thus making the command non-interactive. Below is where it asks for prompt: rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive --rsh=/usr/share/bin/ssh /web/admin/Transfer/ user1@destserver.com:/tmp/test I tried the below two solution but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
FAXCRON(8)						      System Manager's Manual							FAXCRON(8)

NAME
faxcron - HylaFAX routine maintenance script SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/faxcron [ -n ] [ -l lastrun ] DESCRIPTION
faxcron is a command script that does routine upkeep tasks in a HylaFAX spooling directory hierarchy. This script is intended to be invoked from cron(8) on behalf of the fax user (often the ``fax'' user is uucp) once a day, with the standard output sent by mail to the HylaFAX administrator. For example, the following crontab might be set up for the fax user: 25 23 * * * sh /usr/sbin/faxcron | mail FaxMaster The faxcron script does the following work: o report statistics for facsimile transmitted since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile transmitted in the past week. o report statistics for facsimile received since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile received in the past week. o report any recent calls that failed suspiciously and return the associated trace log; o purge data that is 30 days or older from the remote machine information directory; o delete information that is 30 days or older from session trace log files; o remove files from the tmp directory that are older than 1 day; o remove files in the received facsimile queue that are 7 days or older; o report sites that are currently having jobs rejected; and o force all session log files to be owned by the fax user and kept with protection mode 644. OPTIONS
-n Forces faxcron to run without updating any files. -l lastrun Forces the notion of the last time that faxcron was run to be lastrun. The value of lastrun is a date and time string of the form ``MM/DD/YY HH:MM'' (the date(1) format string ``%D %H:%M''). -info n Set the expiration time for data in the info database to be n days. -log n Set the expiration time for session log data to be n days. -rcv n Set the expiration time for files in the received facsimile queue to be n days. -tmp n Set the expiration time for files in the tmp directory to be n days. -mode m Set the file protection mode for session logs to m (a command line argument to chmod(1)). NOTES
This script requires nawk(1) or gawk(1) and a date (1) program that supports the ``+format'' option. If session logs are to be kept private this script must be modified to filter out sensitive information such as calling card numbers. (It should also be run with ``-mode 0600'' so that session log files are not publicly readable.) FILES
/var/spool/hylafax spooling area /var/spool/hylafax/status/lastrun timestamp of last run /usr/sbin/xferfaxstats for generating transmit statistics /usr/sbin/recvstats for generating receive statistics /var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxcronXXXX temporary file for truncating session logs /var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxlogXXXX temporary file for logs of failed calls SEE ALSO
cron(8), faxq(8), faxgetty(8), faxsend(8), xferfaxstats(8), recvstats(8), hylafax-server(5) May 12, 1996 FAXCRON(8)