Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract lines with min value, using two field separators. Post 302872771 by Aia on Sunday 10th of November 2013 12:10:25 AM
Old 11-10-2013
Assuming that your original condition is still true:

Code:
awk '{for(i=3; i<=NF; ++i){ split($i,f, "/"); if(f[1] > 3){ print $0; break }}}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Multiple Field Separators

Hi Guys, I'm tying to split a line similar to this:YO6-2000-30.htm: (3 properties found).......into separate columns, so effectively I need to check for a -, ., :, a tab and a space in the statement. Any help would be appreciated Thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tonka52
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need help counting the fields and field separators using Nawk

I need help counting the fields and field separators using Nawk. I have a file that has multiple lines on it and I need to read the file 1 at a time and then count the fields and field separators and then store those numbers in variables. I then need to delete the first 5 fields and the blank... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scrappycc
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple input field Separators in awk.

I saw a couple of posts here referencing how to handle more than one input field separator in awk. I figured I would share how I (just!) figured out how to turn this line in a logfile: 90000000000000000000010001 name... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinksville
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with changing field separators in a file

I have a file with content as shown below. cat t2 : 100,100,"X",1234,"12A",,,"ab,c" Comma is the field seperator, however string fields will be within double quotes and comma within double quotes should not be treated as field seperator. I am trying to replace this field seperator to a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk1216
7 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

awk Varing Field Separators

Hi Guys, I have small dilemma which I could do with a little help solving . I currently have text HDD S.M.A.R.T report which I have pasted below: smartctl 5.39 2008-10-24 22:33 (openSUSE RPM) Copyright (C) 2002-8 by Bruce Allen, http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net Device: COMPAQ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikerben
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can one use 2 field separators in awk?

I have files such as n02-z30-dsr65-terr0.25-dc0.008-16x12drw-run1.cmd I am wondering if it is possible to define two field separators "-" and "." for these strings so that $7 is run1. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines whose third field is 0

Hi, I have a file with colon separated values like below. How can i get those lines whose third field is 0 (zero). In the below example, lines starting with stapler and tempo has its third field as 0 $ cat list.txt galaxy:b:5:world stapler:a:0:hello abc:a:4:stomper kepler:uic:5:jam... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple long field separators

How do I use multiple field separators in awk? I know that if I use awk -F"", both a and b will be field separators. But what if I need two field separators that both are longer than one letter? If I want the field separators to be "ab" and "cd", I will not be able to use awk -F"". The ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing out data with multiple field separators

I have a large file that I need to print certain sections out of. file.txt /alpha/beta/delta/gamma/425/590/USC00015420.blah.lt.0.01.str:USC00015420Y2017M10BLALT.01 12 13 14 -9 1 -9 -9 -9 -9 -9 1 2 3 4 5 -9 -9 I need to print the "USC00015420" and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract lines if string found from last 30 min only

Hi guys, Appreciate your help as I am stuck with searching the logs for last 30 minutes from the current time. Current time is time when you execute the script and it will search for <string> through the logs for last 30 minutes only and if <string> found then print those lines only. The... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockstar
18 Replies
Number::Fraction(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Number::Fraction(3pm)

NAME
Number::Fraction - Perl extension to model fractions SYNOPSIS
use Number::Fraction; my $f1 = Number::Fraction->new(1, 2); my $f2 = Number::Fraction->new('1/2'); my $f3 = Number::Fraction->new($f1); # clone my $f4 = Number::Fraction->new; # 0/1 or use Number::Fraction ':constants'; my $f1 = '1/2'; my $f2 = $f1; my $one = $f1 + $f2; my $half = $one - $f1; print $half; # prints '1/2' ABSTRACT
Number::Fraction is a Perl module which allows you to work with fractions in your Perl programs. DESCRIPTION
Number::Fraction allows you to work with fractions (i.e. rational numbers) in your Perl programs in a very natural way. It was originally written as a demonstration of the techniques of overloading. If you use the module in your program in the usual way use Number::Fraction; you can then create fraction objects using "Number::Fraction-"new> in a number of ways. my $f1 = Number::Fraction->new(1, 2); creates a fraction with a numerator of 1 and a denominator of 2. my $f2 = Number::Fraction->new('1/2'); does the same thing but from a string constant. my $f3 = Number::Fraction->new($f1); makes $f3 a copy of $f1 my $f4 = Number::Fraction->new; # 0/1 creates a fraction with a denominator of 0 and a numerator of 1. If you use the alterative syntax of use Number::Fraction ':constants'; then Number::Fraction will automatically create fraction objects from string constants in your program. Any time your program contains a string constant of the form "d+/d+" then that will be automatically replaced with the equivalent fraction object. For example my $f1 = '1/2'; Having created fraction objects you can manipulate them using most of the normal mathematical operations. my $one = $f1 + $f2; my $half = $one - $f1; Additionally, whenever a fraction object is evaluated in a string context, it will return a string in the format x/y. When a fraction object is evaluated in a numerical context, it will return a floating point representation of its value. Fraction objects will always "normalise" themselves. That is, if you create a fraction of '2/4', it will silently be converted to '1/2'. Experimental Support for Exponentiation Version 1.13 of Number::Fraction adds experimental support for exponentiation operations. If a Number::Fraction object is used as the left hand operand of an exponentiation expression then the value returned will be another Number::Fraction object - if that makes sense. In all other cases, the expression returns a real number. Currently this only works if the right hand operand is an integer (or a Number::Fraction object that has a denominator of 1). Later I hope to extend this so support so that a Number::Fraction object is returned whenever the result of the expression is a rational number. For example: '1/2' ** 2 # Returns a Number::Fraction ('1/4') '2/1' ** '2/1' Returns a Number::Fraction ('4/1') '2/1' ** '1/2' Returns a real number (1.414213) 0.5 ** '2/1' Returns a real number (0.25) METHODS
import Called when module is "use"d. Use to optionally install constant handler. unimport Be a good citizen and uninstall constant handler when caller uses "no Number::Fraction". new Constructor for Number::Fraction object. Takes the following kinds of parameters: o A single Number::Fraction object which is cloned. o A string in the form 'x/y' where x and y are integers. x is used as the numerator and y is used as the denominator of the new object. o Two integers which are used as the numerator and denominator of the new object. o A single integer which is used as the numerator of the the new object. The denominator is set to 1. o No arguments, in which case a numerator of 0 and a denominator of 1 are used. Returns "undef" if a Number::Fraction object can't be created. to_string Returns a string representation of the fraction in the form "numerator/denominator". to_num Returns a numeric representation of the fraction by calculating the sum numerator/denominator. Normal caveats about the precision of floating point numbers apply. add Add a value to a fraction object and return a new object representing the result of the calculation. The first parameter is a fraction object. The second parameter is either another fraction object or a number. mult Multiply a fraction object by a value and return a new object representing the result of the calculation. The first parameter is a fraction object. The second parameter is either another fraction object or a number. subtract Subtract a value from a fraction object and return a new object representing the result of the calculation. The first parameter is a fraction object. The second parameter is either another fraction object or a number. div Divide a fraction object by a value and return a new object representing the result of the calculation. The first parameter is a fraction object. The second parameter is either another fraction object or a number. exp Raise a Number::Fraction object to a power. The first argument is a number fraction object. The second argument is another Number::Fraction object or a number. If the second argument is an integer or a Number::Fraction object containing an integer then the value returned is a Number::Fraction object, otherwise the value returned is a real number. abs Returns a copy of the given object with both the numerator and denominator changed to positive values. EXPORT None by default. SEE ALSO
perldoc overload AUTHOR
Dave Cross, <dave@mag-sol.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2002-8 by Dave Cross This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-26 Number::Fraction(3pm)