Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: MultiLine Patterns
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting MultiLine Patterns Post 302872659 by RudiC on Saturday 9th of November 2013 05:53:52 AM
Old 11-09-2013
My SQL has become a bit rusty, so I don't remember where semicolons are used to separate items, but for your above and similar cases this might do:
Code:
awk '{$1=$1}1' RS=";" ORS=";\n" FS="[ \n]*" OFS=" " file

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiline Grep

How does one do a search for a multiline regular experssion and output the results to a file. I know this won't work since grep only searches single lines: egrep '<a>.*?</a>' source.xml > output.xml Here are some sample patterns I'd like to match and output to a single file: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tolmark
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching patterns in 1 file and deleting all lines with those patterns in 2nd file

Hi Gurus, I have a file say for ex. file1 which has 3500 lines in it which are different account numbers and another file (file2) which has 230000 lines in it. I want to read all the lines in file1 and delete all those lines from file2 which has that same pattern as in file1. I am not quite... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: toms
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with multiline variable in csh

My shell is csh and it is required. I have a file like sample.txt ------------------------ a b c d e f g h i ------------------------ I want set the file to a variable and print it out in the same format. I have tried something like this, but not succed. % cat ~/tmp/sample.txt a b c d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anykao
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk multiline matching

I have a file that looks something like this with lots of text before and after. Distance method: Sum of squared size difference (RST) </data> <pairwiseDifferenceMatrix time="02/08/11 at 13:08:27"> 1 2 1 448.82151 507.94231 2 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgray
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Multiline sed help!!

Hey everyone, I'm new to sed and I need to create a script for inserting one line of code at the beginning of every method in a Xcode project (over 6,000 methods). Each method Structure is (+ or -) (Various declarations-- could span multiple lines) ({) I've tried for days, any guidance would be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyz
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to get multiline input

As per my requirement, I need to get a multiline input. It can be stored in a file, that's not a problem. User will be prompted to enter steps. he should able to enter the steps in multiple lines by pressing enter. All I know in read command that reads the input till we press enter. Can someone... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: annamalaikasi
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find matched patterns and print them with other patterns not the whole line

Hi, I am trying to extract some patterns from a line. The input file is space delimited and i could not use column to get value after "IN" or "OUT" patterns as there could be multiple white spaces before the next digits that i need to print in the output file . I need to print 3 patterns in a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiline sed

Hi guys, I am fairly comfortable with using the sed command if the string to be replaced is all on a single line. I was wondering is it possible to use sed command in a multiline way ? Say for example I have the below string on 2 different lines: { "key": "brandNameA", ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - Find files excluding file patterns and subfolder patterns

Hello. For a given folder, I want to select any files find $PATH1 -f \( -name "*" but omit any files like pattern name ! -iname "*.jpg" ! -iname "*.xsession*" ..... \) and also omit any subfolder like pattern name -type d \( -name "/etc/gconf/gconf.*" -o -name "*cache*" -o -name "*Cache*" -o... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)