Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hashing URLs
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Hashing URLs Post 302872633 by neutronscott on Saturday 9th of November 2013 12:30:08 AM
Old 11-09-2013
i would use bash to split the file first
Code:
while IFS=$'\t' read -r id url _; do
    hash=$(printf '%s' "$url" | md5sum)
    echo "$hash $url"
done < "$iname"/url.txt

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hashing or MD5

Hi, how can one find that which encryption algorithm the system is using for keeping the user password in the /etc/passwd or /etc/shadow file. Is it 1: Hashing ( which considers only first 5 letters of password) 2: MD5 (Which allows arbitry length passwords) Thanks, ~amit (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit4g
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Hashes, reading and hashing 2 files

So I have two files that I want to put together via hashes and am having a terrible time with syntax. For example: File1 A apple B banana C citrusFile2 A red B yellow C orangeWhat I want to enter on the command line is: program.pl File1 File2And have the result... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: silkiechicken
11 Replies

3. AIX

How to : Find Which hashing algorithem used in AIX Box ?

hello Friends , How can i identify the hashing algo used by shadow file in aix box >??? Thanks AVKlinux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avklinux
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to analyze file hashing

What command should I use to analyze file hashing of fixed flat files. How much work does it take for multiple flat files. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbjoat
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file hashing utility in unix

I am looking for a utility that does file hashing in unix. ...Please let me know of any good easy to use utility (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbjoat
3 Replies

6. Programming

Linear hashing implementation in C language

Hi, I'm looking for linear hashing implementation in C language. Please help. PS: I have implement this on Ubuntu 10.04 Linux on 64 bit machine. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sajjar
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

password hashing algorithms

I'm collecting some info on the password hashing algorithms in use on various Unix systems. So far I have: no $ legacy unix crypt $1$ MD5 $2$ Blowfish on BSD $2a$ alternate Blowfish on BSD $md5$ Sun's alternate MD5 $3$ a Microsoft hash $4$ not used? $5$ RedHat proposed Sha-256... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
2 Replies

8. Solaris

[solved] Password hashing

Hello, I'm having an issue with my password hashing. In /etc/shadow all the passwords hashes start with $1$. The security people want me to change it so the password hash starts with $5$ or $6$. So this is what I did to fix this. I changed CRYPT_DEFAULT for 1 to 6 CRYPT_DEFAULT=6When I create a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitlord
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Hashing password with bcrypt in Solaris 10

Hi, Our security audit person generated a report for Solaris-10 servers and mentioned this suggestion - "All passwords should be hashed using bcrypt. Solaris 10 supports this blowfish-based hash algorithm with the identifier 2a. To verify this, ensure the password hashes start with $2a$.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
2 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)