Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Match in perl not working with ARGV Post 302872547 by bartus11 on Friday 8th of November 2013 02:15:53 PM
Old 11-08-2013
Wait... so you want to pass the word to be matched as the first of the second parameter? The match operator contains "$ARGV[0]", which you also use as filename in the "open" function. Additionally, this: chomp($ARG[1]);should probably be:chomp($ARGV[1]);
Why are you opening a file - open(FH1,"<$ARGV[0]");, when you are not reading from it - while(<>){ - this reads from STDIN...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

RegExp negative match not working

or I don't know how to make it work ... Hello im trying to build regexp that will match me single string or function call inside of brackets for example I have : <% myFunction("blah",foo) %> or <% myVar %> and not match : <% if(myFunction("blah",foo)==1) %> or <% while(myvar < 3){... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Getting $ARGV's to operate like while(<>)

I have a script that asks a bunch of questions using the following method for input: print "Name:"; while(<>){ chomp; $name=$_; } So for example, if the questions asked for name, age, & color (in that order)... I want to be able to easily convert $ARGV into the input expected by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl exact match

How to emulate grep -o option in perl. I mean to print not all line, only the exact match. echo "2A2 BB" | perl -ne 'print if /2A2/' 2A2 BB I want to print only 2A2. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to include slashes "/" in @ARGV (Perl)

Hello I have simple script that will accept as arg string like this : ".../foo/blah/,.../.../foo1/,.../blah" now perl automatically removes the slashes "/" , I can't escape the slashes in the input I have to control on it so how can I force perl to not touch this slashes? Thanks ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

exact match in Perl

Hi By using select clause I'm trying to pull out the rows to a variable. If the variable has 0 row(s) selected then i'm printing some text message else printing some other text message if($xyz =~ m/0 row/) { print "0 rows "; } else { print " There are rows"; } By my problem... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdreddy34
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

O argv, argv, wherefore art thou argv?

All of my machines (various open source derivatives on x86 and amd64) store argv above the stack (at a higher memory address). I am curious to learn if any systems store argv below the stack (at a lower memory address). I am particularly interested in proprietary Unices, such as Solaris, HP-UX,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alister
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wildcarding in a Perl @ARGV Context?

Hello folks! While "sedding" about again, I ran into this little conundrum du jour:#!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use diagnostics; @ARGV = ('./afile.dat', './*.txt'); $^I = ''; while (<>) { s/Twinkies/Dinner/g; print; }When run, perl complains,...but, of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LinQ
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wildcarding in a Perl @ARGV Context?

Hello folks! While "sedding" about again, I ran into this little conundrum du jour:#!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use diagnostics; @ARGV = ('./afile.dat', './*.txt'); $^I = ''; while (<>) { s/Twinkies/Dinner/g; print; }When run, perl complains,...but, of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match working for some but not all

I am not sure why the script below seems to pull the correct values for most, but not all. Basically what is supposed to result is the $1 value in genes.txt is matched to the $3 value in RefSeqGene.txt and the value in 6 field is copied. In the output below that is the case most of the time but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl sys.argv issue

I am running a perl script and reading the arguments passed to the script as below..... resembles more arguments. java weblogic.WLST /web/update.py 34 56 .... I am trying to print the arguments passed to the update.py script as below for arg in sys.argv: print "other args:", arg... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
COLORS(3)						   libbash colors Library Manual						 COLORS(3)

NAME
colors -- libbash library for setting tty colors. SYNOPSIS
colorSet <color> colorReset colorPrint [<indent>] <color> <text> colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> <text> DESCRIPTION
General colors is a collection of functions that make it very easy to put colored text on tty. The function list: colorSet Sets the color of the prints to the tty to COLOR colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal colorPrint Prints TEXT in the color COLOR indented by INDENT (without adding a newline) colorPrintN The same as colorPrint, but trailing newline is added Detailed interface description follows. Available colors: Green Red Yellow White The color parameter is non-case-sensitive (i.e. RED, red, ReD, and all the other forms are valid and are the same as Red). FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
colorSet <color> Sets the current printing color to color. colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal. colorPrint [<indent>] <color> Prints text using the color color indented by indent (without adding a newline). Parameters: <indent> The column to move to before start printing. This parameter is optional. If ommitted - start output from current cursor position. <color> The color to use. <color> The text to print. colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> The same as colorPrint, except a trailing newline is added. EXAMPLES
Printing a green 'Hello World' with a newline: Using colorSet: $ colorSet green $ echo 'Hello World' $ colorReset Using colorPrint: $ colorPrint 'Hello World'; echo Using colorPrintN: $ colorPrintN 'Hello World' AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux