Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hashing URLs
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Hashing URLs Post 302872521 by Don Cragun on Friday 8th of November 2013 01:49:00 PM
Old 11-08-2013
I don't care what kind of snippet this is, RudiC is correct. This snippet can't work (even if the variables are defined to reasonable values). You have two invocations of awk with no input specified. Presumably the 1st one will gobble up all of the data remaining in $iname/url.txt after the read in the while loop grabbed the 1st line. Then the 2nd awk will immediately hit end-of-file.

You came here asking for help.
You insulted the person who pointed out that the data you supplied was incomplete (thereby making analysis difficult).
This is a great way to discourage readers in this forum who might consider trying to help solve your problem from posting any other responses.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 11-08-2013 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: Fix typo

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hashing or MD5

Hi, how can one find that which encryption algorithm the system is using for keeping the user password in the /etc/passwd or /etc/shadow file. Is it 1: Hashing ( which considers only first 5 letters of password) 2: MD5 (Which allows arbitry length passwords) Thanks, ~amit (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit4g
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Hashes, reading and hashing 2 files

So I have two files that I want to put together via hashes and am having a terrible time with syntax. For example: File1 A apple B banana C citrusFile2 A red B yellow C orangeWhat I want to enter on the command line is: program.pl File1 File2And have the result... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: silkiechicken
11 Replies

3. AIX

How to : Find Which hashing algorithem used in AIX Box ?

hello Friends , How can i identify the hashing algo used by shadow file in aix box >??? Thanks AVKlinux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avklinux
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to analyze file hashing

What command should I use to analyze file hashing of fixed flat files. How much work does it take for multiple flat files. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbjoat
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file hashing utility in unix

I am looking for a utility that does file hashing in unix. ...Please let me know of any good easy to use utility (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbjoat
3 Replies

6. Programming

Linear hashing implementation in C language

Hi, I'm looking for linear hashing implementation in C language. Please help. PS: I have implement this on Ubuntu 10.04 Linux on 64 bit machine. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sajjar
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

password hashing algorithms

I'm collecting some info on the password hashing algorithms in use on various Unix systems. So far I have: no $ legacy unix crypt $1$ MD5 $2$ Blowfish on BSD $2a$ alternate Blowfish on BSD $md5$ Sun's alternate MD5 $3$ a Microsoft hash $4$ not used? $5$ RedHat proposed Sha-256... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
2 Replies

8. Solaris

[solved] Password hashing

Hello, I'm having an issue with my password hashing. In /etc/shadow all the passwords hashes start with $1$. The security people want me to change it so the password hash starts with $5$ or $6$. So this is what I did to fix this. I changed CRYPT_DEFAULT for 1 to 6 CRYPT_DEFAULT=6When I create a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitlord
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Hashing password with bcrypt in Solaris 10

Hi, Our security audit person generated a report for Solaris-10 servers and mentioned this suggestion - "All passwords should be hashed using bcrypt. Solaris 10 supports this blowfish-based hash algorithm with the identifier 2a. To verify this, ensure the password hashes start with $2a$.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
2 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)