Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Match in perl not working with ARGV Post 302872495 by dll_fpga on Friday 8th of November 2013 01:06:04 PM
Old 11-08-2013
Match in perl not working with ARGV

Hi ,

I need to match module data_tx_dig (

I tried matching
~m/module(\s+)ARGV[1](\s+)\(/ --> (generic code)but is not working.The same is able to match when i provide hardcoded value instead of passing from the command line.
~m/module(\s+)data_tx_dig(\s+)\(/ -->(hardcoded code).Please help me fix this.

Last edited by dll_fpga; 11-08-2013 at 02:16 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

RegExp negative match not working

or I don't know how to make it work ... Hello im trying to build regexp that will match me single string or function call inside of brackets for example I have : <% myFunction("blah",foo) %> or <% myVar %> and not match : <% if(myFunction("blah",foo)==1) %> or <% while(myvar < 3){... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Getting $ARGV's to operate like while(<>)

I have a script that asks a bunch of questions using the following method for input: print "Name:"; while(<>){ chomp; $name=$_; } So for example, if the questions asked for name, age, & color (in that order)... I want to be able to easily convert $ARGV into the input expected by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl exact match

How to emulate grep -o option in perl. I mean to print not all line, only the exact match. echo "2A2 BB" | perl -ne 'print if /2A2/' 2A2 BB I want to print only 2A2. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to include slashes "/" in @ARGV (Perl)

Hello I have simple script that will accept as arg string like this : ".../foo/blah/,.../.../foo1/,.../blah" now perl automatically removes the slashes "/" , I can't escape the slashes in the input I have to control on it so how can I force perl to not touch this slashes? Thanks ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

exact match in Perl

Hi By using select clause I'm trying to pull out the rows to a variable. If the variable has 0 row(s) selected then i'm printing some text message else printing some other text message if($xyz =~ m/0 row/) { print "0 rows "; } else { print " There are rows"; } By my problem... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdreddy34
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

O argv, argv, wherefore art thou argv?

All of my machines (various open source derivatives on x86 and amd64) store argv above the stack (at a higher memory address). I am curious to learn if any systems store argv below the stack (at a lower memory address). I am particularly interested in proprietary Unices, such as Solaris, HP-UX,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alister
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wildcarding in a Perl @ARGV Context?

Hello folks! While "sedding" about again, I ran into this little conundrum du jour:#!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use diagnostics; @ARGV = ('./afile.dat', './*.txt'); $^I = ''; while (<>) { s/Twinkies/Dinner/g; print; }When run, perl complains,...but, of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LinQ
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wildcarding in a Perl @ARGV Context?

Hello folks! While "sedding" about again, I ran into this little conundrum du jour:#!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use diagnostics; @ARGV = ('./afile.dat', './*.txt'); $^I = ''; while (<>) { s/Twinkies/Dinner/g; print; }When run, perl complains,...but, of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match working for some but not all

I am not sure why the script below seems to pull the correct values for most, but not all. Basically what is supposed to result is the $1 value in genes.txt is matched to the $3 value in RefSeqGene.txt and the value in 6 field is copied. In the output below that is the case most of the time but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl sys.argv issue

I am running a perl script and reading the arguments passed to the script as below..... resembles more arguments. java weblogic.WLST /web/update.py 34 56 .... I am trying to print the arguments passed to the update.py script as below for arg in sys.argv: print "other args:", arg... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)