Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to shorten my code?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to shorten my code? Post 302872351 by RudiC on Friday 8th of November 2013 07:22:01 AM
Old 11-08-2013
Not sure if that overlap (1999 vs 2999) is mandatory or just a typo.
I'm pretty sure that one calculation is faster than five comparisons, so try sth like
Code:
((BIN[i/1000]++))

in your loop, and then output e.g. BIN[0], BIN[1]+BIN[2] etc. finally

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Howto shorten script in a busybox environment by using for loops?

My satellite receiver is equipped with busybox, so a small linux version. That is why I can not use certain commands like #tomorrow in date commands or #date -d "+1 day" and thus I have to use: day1=$ I want to download every day 6 files from the internet but the filenames consist of the date... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ni_hao
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to shorten usernames and output to file

Hopefully someone here can point me in the correct direction. I'm working on a username migration and am trying to map my users ols usernames to the new ones. Right now every user has a username of firstname.lastname i.e. john.doe I'm trying to create a bash or python script that will take... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary-ninja
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Block of code replacement in Java source code through Unix script

Hi, I want to remove the following code from Source files (or replace the code with empty.) from all the source files in given directory. finally { if (null != hibernateSession && hibernateSession.isOpen()) { //hibernateSession.close(); } } It would be great if the script has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hareeshram
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i use function for the below script to shorten it?

Hi All, i worte a shell script which will zcat the .gz file and write it in to a tmp file and then again cat the file and convert it to Dos mode. Next step is i am greping the file to search for the particular string on the 1st line and if the string does not exits it will insert the 1st line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shorten header of protein sequences in fasta file

I have a fasta file as follows >sp|O15090|FABP4_HUMAN Fatty acid-binding protein, adipocyte OS=Homo sapiens GN=FABP4 PE=1 SV=3 MCDAFVGTWKLVSSENFDDYMKEVGVGFATRKVAGMAKPNMIISVNGDVITIKSESTFKN TEISFILGQEFDEVTADDRKVKSTITLDGGVLVHVQKWDGKSTTIKRKREDDKLVVECVM KGVTSTRVYERA >sp|L18484|AP2A2_RAT AP-2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexypaul
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ps command and awk - shorten characters

ps -e -o pcpu -o pid -o user -o args | sort -k 1 | tail -6r %CPU PID USER COMMAND 0.3 223220 root /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmc sched 0.2 411332 root /usr/sbin/syslogd 0.1 90962 root /usr/sbin/syncd 60 0.0 10572 root -ksh 0.0 94270 root -ksh ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shorten header of protein sequences in fasta file to only organism name

I have a fasta file as follows >sp|Q8WWQ8|STAB2_HUMAN Stabilin-2 OS=Homo sapiens OX=9606 GN=STAB2 PE=1 SV=3 MMLQHLVIFCLGLVVQNFCSPAETTGQARRCDRKSLLTIRTECRSCALNLGVKCPDGYTM ITSGSVGVRDCRYTFEVRTYSLSLPGCRHICRKDYLQPRCCPGRWGPDCIECPGGAGSPC NGRGSCAEGMEGNGTCSCQEGFGGTACETCADDNLFGPSCSSVCNCVHGVCNSGLDGDGT... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerrild
3 Replies
FUSEISO(1)						      General Commands Manual							FUSEISO(1)

NAME
fuseiso - FUSE module to mount ISO filesystem images SYNOPSIS
fuseiso [options] <ISO image> <mount point> [FUSE library options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the fuseiso command. fuseiso provides a module to mount ISO filesystem images using FUSE. With FUSE it is possible to implement a fully functional filesystem in a userspace program. fuseiso can read ISO, BIN and NRG images containing ISO9660 filesystems. Along with it, it supports some common extensions, like Joliet, RockRidge and zisofs. It also supports non-standard images, like CloneCD's IMGs and Alcohol 120%'s MDFs, as their format looks exactly like BIN images. One major limitation of BIN images is that fuseiso does not handle CUE files in any way, and thus can only work with the first track of those images. Other formats like CCD and MDS are not supported, since their format is not public and no one knows it. OPTIONS
-n Do not maintain ~/.mtab.fuseiso. -p Maintain mount point, create it if it doesn't exist and delete it on exit. -c iocharset Specify iocharset for Joliet filesystems. -h Prints an help screen. Common FUSE library options -f Run in foreground, do not daemonize. -d Run in foreground and print debug information. -s Run single-threaded. SEE ALSO
fusermount(1), AUTHOR
fuseiso was written by Dmitry Morozhnikov <dmiceman@mail.ru>. This manual page was written by David Paleino <dapal@debian.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). February 2010 FUSEISO(1)