Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Date / Time difference in shell script Post 302872339 by ghosh_tanmoy on Friday 8th of November 2013 06:44:31 AM
Old 11-08-2013
Sample script

Code:
LineNo=0
echo "========================================================================================================================================="
echo "Request ID         GMDCOM TIME               GMDRRS TIME               GMDRES TIME         COM-RRS            RRS-RES        COM-RES"
echo "========================================================================================================================================="
while read -r Line
do
LineNo=`expr $LineNo + 1`
if [ $LineNo -gt 3 ]
then
ReqID=`echo $Line | cut -f 9 -d " "`
LineFromRRS=`grep $ReqID ./GMDRRS*`
LineFromRES=`grep $ReqID ./GMDRES*`
GMDCOMTM=`echo $Line | cut -f 2-6 -d " "`
GMDRRSTM=`echo $LineFromRRS | cut -f 2-6 -d " "`
GMDRESTM=`echo $LineFromRES | cut -f 2-6 -d " "`
Date1=`date "$GMDCOMTM" +%s`
Date2=`date "$GMDRRSTM" +%s`
Diff=`expr $Date1 - $Date2`
echo $ReqID $GMDCOMTM $GMDRRSTM $GMDRESTM $Diff
fi
done < $1

The highlighted portion in red is having the problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date and time difference

Hi, I am starting a process at 9 pm today and want to exit the process by 5am, the next day. Every day at 9pm the shell script will be invoked by autosys. But how can i monitor in my script for 5 am and stop the process ? there may be a case where the script can start at 4.59 am and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: risshanth
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

About date & time difference

Hello All, I was having a look on threads on the Forum about time calculation but didn't find exactly this issue. For instance, if we have these 2 dates, begin & end : 20100430235830 20100501000200 Is there anyway, awk, ksh, perl to calculate the difference in sec and get for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rany1
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date and time difference

Hi, Below is the backup file name (includes date & time) : exp_trx_tables_18_Oct_2010_10_59_00.dmp Extracted date and time from the file name as below using the below "awk"command: date 18-Oct-2010 and time 10:59:00 echo "$fname" | awk -F"_" '{printf "Records will be restored as on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: milink
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date and time difference

I have start and finish date in the following format - Start Date: 5/21/2010 9:14:00 AM End Date : 5/24/2010 7:23:00 AM I need to get the time difference in the following format :mm or . Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: randev
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date and Time comparison using shell script

Hi, I'm having two fields in the file F1|F2 20111220|102000 F1 ->YYYYMMDD F2 ->HHMMSS Now, I need to compare this with current date & time and need to return the difference value in hours. Already, I checked with datecalc from the forum. So, need hints from Shell Gurus. Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzusa
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date and time difference

Hi, I am trying to use the script as under : echo "Please input the string (APC) in the format (APC=x-yyy-z):" read a for i in m1 m2 m4 m5 m6 do cat /m12/$i/12* | grep -B 1 -A 1 inaccessible | gawk '/'$a'/{print $6,$7,$8,x};{x=$3" "$4}' | awk NF > temp cat /m122/$i/12* | grep -B 1 -A 1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script - getting Time difference using awk

Hi..I have the data in a file like in this format, and I need the output time difference in seconds by using awk command. Start date/time and end date/time given in column 2,3 & 4,5. Please assist how to write shell script. File1.txt JOB1 10/09/2013 17:42:16 10/09/2013 17:43:46 SU 6202685/1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mprithvi
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date / Time difference in shell script

================================================================================ Request ID GMDCOM TIME GMDRRS TIME COM-RRS ================================================================================ <36812974> Tue Oct 1 13:32:40 2013 Tue Oct 1 20:36:42 2013... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghosh_tanmoy
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date time difference in UNIX shell script

There are 2 dates, Tue Oct 1 13:40:19 2013 Sun Sept 30 10:26:23 2013 I have multiple dates like the above one. How do I calculate the date time difference and display in another column in Shell script. Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanmoysays
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

In HP-UX how to find the date time difference ?

Hello, In HP-UX how to find the date time difference ? Start time: 28-APR-2019 21:36:01 End time : 29-APR-2019 00:36:04 ---------------------- Difference is ---------------------- Much appreciate any pointer or view on this. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
3 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)