Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Date / Time difference in shell script Post 302872329 by ghosh_tanmoy on Friday 8th of November 2013 06:13:21 AM
Old 11-08-2013
Requirement changed a bit.

I want it using simple BASH shell script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date and time difference

Hi, I am starting a process at 9 pm today and want to exit the process by 5am, the next day. Every day at 9pm the shell script will be invoked by autosys. But how can i monitor in my script for 5 am and stop the process ? there may be a case where the script can start at 4.59 am and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: risshanth
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

About date & time difference

Hello All, I was having a look on threads on the Forum about time calculation but didn't find exactly this issue. For instance, if we have these 2 dates, begin & end : 20100430235830 20100501000200 Is there anyway, awk, ksh, perl to calculate the difference in sec and get for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rany1
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date and time difference

Hi, Below is the backup file name (includes date & time) : exp_trx_tables_18_Oct_2010_10_59_00.dmp Extracted date and time from the file name as below using the below "awk"command: date 18-Oct-2010 and time 10:59:00 echo "$fname" | awk -F"_" '{printf "Records will be restored as on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: milink
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date and time difference

I have start and finish date in the following format - Start Date: 5/21/2010 9:14:00 AM End Date : 5/24/2010 7:23:00 AM I need to get the time difference in the following format :mm or . Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: randev
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date and Time comparison using shell script

Hi, I'm having two fields in the file F1|F2 20111220|102000 F1 ->YYYYMMDD F2 ->HHMMSS Now, I need to compare this with current date & time and need to return the difference value in hours. Already, I checked with datecalc from the forum. So, need hints from Shell Gurus. Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzusa
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date and time difference

Hi, I am trying to use the script as under : echo "Please input the string (APC) in the format (APC=x-yyy-z):" read a for i in m1 m2 m4 m5 m6 do cat /m12/$i/12* | grep -B 1 -A 1 inaccessible | gawk '/'$a'/{print $6,$7,$8,x};{x=$3" "$4}' | awk NF > temp cat /m122/$i/12* | grep -B 1 -A 1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script - getting Time difference using awk

Hi..I have the data in a file like in this format, and I need the output time difference in seconds by using awk command. Start date/time and end date/time given in column 2,3 & 4,5. Please assist how to write shell script. File1.txt JOB1 10/09/2013 17:42:16 10/09/2013 17:43:46 SU 6202685/1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mprithvi
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date / Time difference in shell script

================================================================================ Request ID GMDCOM TIME GMDRRS TIME COM-RRS ================================================================================ <36812974> Tue Oct 1 13:32:40 2013 Tue Oct 1 20:36:42 2013... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghosh_tanmoy
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date time difference in UNIX shell script

There are 2 dates, Tue Oct 1 13:40:19 2013 Sun Sept 30 10:26:23 2013 I have multiple dates like the above one. How do I calculate the date time difference and display in another column in Shell script. Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanmoysays
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

In HP-UX how to find the date time difference ?

Hello, In HP-UX how to find the date time difference ? Start time: 28-APR-2019 21:36:01 End time : 29-APR-2019 00:36:04 ---------------------- Difference is ---------------------- Much appreciate any pointer or view on this. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
3 Replies
CHECKBASHISMS(1)					      General Commands Manual						  CHECKBASHISMS(1)

NAME
checkbashisms - check for bashisms in /bin/sh scripts SYNOPSIS
checkbashisms script ... checkbashisms --help|--version DESCRIPTION
checkbashisms, based on one of the checks from the lintian system, performs basic checks on /bin/sh shell scripts for the possible presence of bashisms. It takes the names of the shell scripts on the command line, and outputs warnings if possible bashisms are detected. Note that the definition of a bashism in this context roughly equates to "a shell feature that is not required to be supported by POSIX"; this means that some issues flagged may be permitted under optional sections of POSIX, such as XSI or User Portability. In cases where POSIX and Debian Policy disagree, checkbashisms by default allows extensions permitted by Policy but may also provide options for stricter checking. OPTIONS
--help, -h Show a summary of options. --newline, -n Check for "echo -n" usage (non POSIX but required by Debian Policy 10.4.) --posix, -p Check for issues which are non POSIX but required to be supported by Debian Policy 10.4 (implies -n). --force, -f Force each script to be checked, even if it would normally not be (for instance, it has a bash or non POSIX shell shebang or appears to be a shell wrapper). --extra, -x Highlight lines which, whilst they do not contain bashisms, may be useful in determining whether a particular issue is a false posi- tive which may be ignored. For example, the use of "$BASH_ENV" may be preceded by checking whether "$BASH" is set. --version, -v Show version and copyright information. EXIT VALUES
The exit value will be 0 if no possible bashisms or other problems were detected. Otherwise it will be the sum of the following error val- ues: 1 A possible bashism was detected. 2 A file was skipped for some reason, for example, because it was unreadable or not found. The warning message will give details. SEE ALSO
lintian(1). AUTHOR
checkbashisms was originally written as a shell script by Yann Dirson <dirson@debian.org> and rewritten in Perl with many more features by Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org>. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities CHECKBASHISMS(1)