Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading ls -l output line by line awk the user name and su user to run commands Post 302872231 by CarloM on Friday 8th of November 2013 03:58:49 AM
Old 11-08-2013
Code:
sas_user=`awk '{print $3}'`

Don't you want to be echoing line into that?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading ps command's output line by line

hi; as a pseudo; while read psLine do myFunc $psLine done < ps i don't want to redirect ps command's to a file. in fact, my problem is "how can i read stdout line by line in bash, sed, awk or any?" thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: s. murat
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How a normal user run a script including root privileaged commands

Dear all Ihave written a script in Hpux9.0, the ecript is working fine if I run it from root command prompt But when I am running it thru /etc/profile or /user/.profile and login as a normal user, the owner of the process running the script is the normal user & hence cant run a root privileaged... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: initin
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading a file inside awk and processing line by line

Hi Sorry to multipost. I am opening the new thread because the earlier threads head was misleading to my current doubt. and i am stuck. list=`cat /u/Test/programs`; psg "ServTest" | awk -v listawk=$list '{ cmd_name=($5 ~ /^/)? $9:$8 for(pgmname in listawk) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anteus
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Problem in reading a file line by line till it reaches a white line

So, I want to read line-by-line a text file with unknown number of files.... So: a=1 b=1 while ; do b=`sed -n '$ap' test` a=`expr $a + 1` $here do something with b etc done the problem is that sed does not seem to recognise the $a, even when trying sed -n ' $a p' So, I cannot read... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to take input from the user from the command line and execute commands basedon that?

Hi, I am using solaris 10 and bash shell.Script execution follows below.Initially it will check whether a directory exists or not if does not exist it will create it.(This I have completed) Second step:I have four users say user1,user2,user3,user4.Script should prompt for the user id and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run a command line with another user without prompts for password

Hi, I'm writing a script, in the script I need to use tcpdump to capture some packets however it needs root priviledge my computer is configured by school and I have no real root priviledge so I can't use sudo on my computer,like Code: sudo tcpdump ...... I have to use a limited... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esolve
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run commands as root user

Hello I have a script which is working fine so far to generate HTML file. Now i am wondering how do i include a syntax where it can change itself to root user and execute a specific commands as root user. Please help, Thanks in advance. -Siddhesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
2 Replies

8. AIX

List of AIX commands that can be run by ROOT user ONLY

Hello, I am testing sudo and I want to test it. Can anyone please let me know few commands (of course other than shutdown, reboot etc. as I can't reboot the box) on AIX that can be run by ROOT only. Thanks ---------- Post updated at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:38 PM... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
5 Replies

9. HP-UX

How capture all user command line output?

Hi I want to know how capture all user command line output and save this commands and outputs to text files? if you have script for this subject please give me.:o please help me thank you (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amvhd
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Get an output of lines in pattern 1st line then 10th line then 11th line then 20th line and so on.

Input file: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagar Singh
6 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)