Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux partition with LVM
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Linux partition with LVM Post 302872185 by Scott on Thursday 7th of November 2013 10:29:21 PM
Old 11-07-2013
You asked two questions, I think.

The answers are:
Yes.
Yes.
This User Gave Thanks to Scott For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

add lvm space from a regular partition

Hi, I have red hat enterprise 4. I would like to add more space on my lvm from the first partition that is not lvm type. Here's the config # fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 73.4 GB, 73406611456 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 8924 cylinders Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
6 Replies

2. Red Hat

Increase root partition in LVM

I have a RHEL6 guest running on vmware esx server and the root disk size is 30G and i increased the disk size and create another partition /dev/sda3 but i do not know how to increase the size of the VG and then intrun LV .. can anyone help me on this . fdisk -l /dev/sda Disk /dev/sda:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert non LVM root partition to LVM?

Hi Guys, I m using redhat 6, I have installed root partition as non-LVM . Is there any way i can convert it to LVM? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Single command to Partition and label as LVM whole disk

Hello, someone please suggest me how write a script or command to create partition and label whole disk as LVM . I have multiple servers that I to label as LVM using fdisk, that will very hard process. This is what I currently doing to create to partition and label. # fdisk /dev/sdb ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
0 Replies

5. Linux

Creating /boot partition for LVM VG

Hi, I have a server booted into sysresccd (mini-linux OS) with 1 40 GB disk attached I am trying to create a volume group and restore another server into the new one However, when I try to create a partition for /boot it seems that my VG in LVM is not recognized anymore These are the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: galuzan
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Removing encrypted lvm partition

Hi guys, let me start by saying I appreciate your assistance always. I was practicing how to encrypt partitions in my server. I encrypted an lvm partition using luks and when I tried to remove the partition using lvremove, I get this message Logical volume vg10/lvol1 is used by another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Shrink LVM partition & create new Linux Primary partition

Hello All, I have a Red Hat Linux 5.9 Server installed with one hard disk & 2 Partitions created on it as follows, /boot - Linux Partition & another is LVM - One VG & under that 5-6 Logical volumes(var,opt,home etc). Here my requirement is to take out 1GB of space from LVM ( Any logical... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

LVM based partition

Hi , Background : I am installing the KVM based RHEL OS VM on one of the HP pro-line physical server. Issue: While doing custom layout partition, i want to create partition lvm based , for example :lv_root. But problem is that, whenever i am creating the partition, its showing /sda1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nats
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Converting Standart partition to LVM

is possible to convert standard partition ext4 to LVM with preserving data? is yes then how? OS is Linux 5 / 6 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Safe way to shrink lvm vg_*-lv_swap partition and reclaim freed space on Linux?

Hello, # lsblk NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT sr0 11:0 1 1024M 0 rom sda 8:0 0 38.2G 0 disk ├─sda1 8:1 0 500M 0 part /boot └─sda2 8:2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: centosadmin
2 Replies
PURITY(6)                                                          Games Manual                                                          PURITY(6)

NAME
purity - a general purpose purity test SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/purity [ flags ] [ testname ] DESCRIPTION
Purity is an interactive purity test program with a simple, user interface and datafile format. For each test, questions are printed to the your terminal, and you are prompted for an answer to the current question. At a prompt, these are your choices: y Answer "yes" to the question. n Answer "no" to the question. b Backup one question, if you answered it incorrectly, or someone is watching you take the test, and you don't (or do) want to admit a different answer. r Redraw the current question. q Quit the test, and print the current score. ? Print a help screen for the current prompt. k Kill a section of the test. This skips all the questions of the test until the next subject heading. a Toggle answer mode between real answers and obfuscated answers. Real answers print "yes" and "no", while obfuscated answers are "Maybe" and "maybe". Obfuscated answers are preferred if you are shy, and don't want people to be able to read your answers over your shoulder as you take the test. d Toggle dERanGe output. s Print your current score on the test you are taking. l Toggle score logging. At the end of the test, your score is printed out. For most purity tests, lower scores denote more "experience" of the test material. FLAGS
These are the command line flags for the test. -a Show real answers (i.e. "yes" and "no") instead of obfuscated ones (i.e. "Maybe" and "maybe") as you answer the questions. -d PrINt THe tESt in DerANgeD pRInT. -f Take the test in fast mode. Only the questions are printed, and not any other text blocks, like the introdution, subject headers, and the conclusion. -l Take the test without having your score logged. -p Print the test without prompting for answers. This is useful for making hard copies of the tests without having to edit out the prompts by hand. -r Decrypt the test using the Rot 13 algorithm. This is done as a form of "protection", such that if you read a rot13 test and it offends you, it's your own fault. -z zoom through more prompts in large text blocks. The default is to prompt the user for more when a screenful of text has been printed without any user input. DATAFILE FORMAT
The format of the datafiles is a very simple format, intended such that new tests can quickly and easily be converted to run with the test. There are four types of text in a purity test datafile. Each type is contained in a bracket type of punctuation. The definitions are as follows: the styles of text blocks are: { plain text block } [ subject header ] ( test question ) and < conclusion > Plain text blocks are printed out character for character. Subject headers are preceded by their subject numbers, starting at 1, and then printed as text blocks. Questions are preceded by their numbers, and then prompt the user to answer the question, keeping track of the user's current score. Conclusions first calculate and print the user's score for the test, then print out the conclusion as a text block. If you wish to include any of the various bracket punctuation in your text, the backslash ("") character will escape the next character. To print a question with parentheses, you would use the following format: (have you ever written a purity test (like this one)?) the output would be this: 1. have you ever written a purity test (like this one)? and then it would have asked the user for her/his answer. For a generic datafile, use the "sample" datafile for the test. FILES
/var/games/purity.scores the score logfile /usr/share/games/purity/* test data files AUTHOR
Eric Lechner, lechner@ucscb.ucsc.edu 18 December 1989 PURITY(6)