Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Pro*c file Compiling Issue in suse Linux Post 302872053 by blackrageous on Thursday 7th of November 2013 03:30:53 PM
Old 11-07-2013
transfer header file sqlmacros.h and try again.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Errors while trying to install software on SuSE 9.2 Pro

First off I try to install XTheater on SuSE 9.2 Pro I run the ./configure command and this is what I get chris@linux:~/Desktop/Xtheater-0.9.2> ./configure loading cache ./config.cache checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /usr/bin/install -c checking whether build environment is... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: CTroxtell21
25 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

absolute beginner with suse 9.2 and XP Pro

I'm sure this is pretty infantile but I can't figute it out. How to I load the nVidia driver for SuSE 9.2? I have no idea what the X environment is or how to quit it or how to run the nVidia patch. Secondly how do I persuade my SuSE 9.3 computer to talk with my Windows XP network. Linux... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrgmwsnow
9 Replies

3. Programming

Compilation error when compiling Pro*C code

I'm running a query similar to the one that I'm describing below -: _______________________________ EXEC SQL INSERT INTO TABLE1 ( C1 ,C2 ,C3 ,C4 ) (SELECT DISTINCT B.V1 ,B.V2 ,( SELECT D.V3 FROM TABLE2 D WHERE D.V3 = C.V4) ,B.V4 FROM TABLE2 B ,TABLE3 C WHERE B.V3 = C.V4) ;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maheshp
1 Replies

4. Programming

Compiling Pro*C program under unix

Hello, I am trying to compile a Pro*C program under unix: proc iname=test.pc works fine but then I am not able to compile the test.c file : gcc test.c -o test.o -L $ORACLE_HOME/lib -l clntsh /usr/bin/ld: Object file format error in: /u01/app/oracle/product/10.1.0.2.0/lib:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nsmrmd
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error when compiling with the pro-c

Gentlemen, I can not compile with the Pro-C installed on a Solaris 10. I get the following error ..: ! Compilation: startdmn.pc ------------------------------------------------------------------ ld.so.1: proc: fatal: libclntsh.so.9.0: open failed: No such file or directory make: Fatal... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pedro_Oca
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux SuSE SLES 8 error..unable to issue shutdown command

the only way we can power off is if we actually press power button on server. Running on HP DL-G4. from root, when we issue command it just returns to root prompt. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amexboy
1 Replies
BLOGD(8)						       The SuSE boot concept							  BLOGD(8)

NAME
blogd - boot logging on /dev/console SYNOPSIS
/sbin/blogd [/dev/realtty] DESCRIPTION
Without argument blogd determines the real underlying character device of /dev/console. blogd spawns a pty/tty pair to reconnect the cur- rent /dev/console with the slave of the pty/tty pair. During writing information from this slave to the real character device a ring buffer is used to hold the information for writing it to an existing logging file. To fetch the real tty of /dev/console the program showconsole(8) can be used. This has the advantage that blogd will not hold the real character device of /dev/console as its controlling tty (would hangup any running getty on that character device). SIGNALS
blogd knows a few signal to contol its behavior. SIGQUIT, SIGINT, and SIGTERM will cause blogd tries to write out the ring buffer and to exit. SIGIO says blogd that now it is able to write on /var/log/boot.msg which means that the file system is mounted read/write and the kernel messages are written to that file. SIGSYS says blogd that it should stop writing to disk but continue to repeat messages to the old devices of the system console. BUGS
blogd needs a mounted /proc and /dev/pts file system and tries to set the controlling tty to stdin if the real character device of /dev/console is not given. After reading /proc blogd tries to restore the status of the controlling tty to avoid problems with getty pro- cesses. This can fail because blogd forks to run in the background as a daemon. FILES
/proc/<pid of blogd>/stat the stat file of the blogd process. /dev/console the system console. /var/log/boot.msg logging file which is created by klogd(8) or dmesg(8). SEE ALSO
showconsole(8), syslogd(8), klogd(8), dmesg(8), proc(5). COPYRIGHT
2000 Werner Fink, 2000 SuSE GmbH Nuernberg, Germany. AUTHOR
Werner Fink <werner@suse.de> 3rd Berkeley Distribution Nov 10, 2000 BLOGD(8)