Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reg using sendmail for mail with attachment in Linux Post 302871999 by cjcox on Thursday 7th of November 2013 01:09:25 PM
Old 11-07-2013
Do you have access to or ability to install metamail? It has the utilities and even a quick and dirty program called metasend that you could use.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Linux mail servers benchmarks (Qmail, Sendmail,Postfix)

New Linux mail servers benchmarks website. Check out http://benchmarks.dmz.ro . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cipango
0 Replies

2. Solaris

attachment using sendmail

Hi, I use the sendmail command to send automatic e-mail in my control programs, but I'd like to know if there's a non interactive way to send an attachment, like a small text file through sendmail command. I didn't find a way in the man, so anyone has already done it?.. give an example for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vastare
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mailx commannd - Mail and Attachment in same mail

Hi , I am using mailx command for sending the mails. Rightnow I am sending the attachment (by using uuencode $filename) as a seperate mail.I wanna send the attachment also with the same mail. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail attachment issue

Hi All,, After long time, might be this is nth time post on this forum for the same query...but i tried browsing for sometime and i did not get what i wanted :) i have following syntax in my shell scripting.. (cat filename.txt uuencode attachment attachment)|/usr/lib/sendmail -t... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending mail in UNIX with body and attachment(.txt) using sendmail command

Hi All, In my .ksh script, I am sending an email with body and attachment (.txt) using sendmail command. I am able to receive the attachement along with the body of the mail. But I am getting special characters along with the content in the .txt. Also the alignment is incorrect. Can you please... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: KRR
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send attachment through sendmail

Hi, I am trying to send log file of a job run in unix machince through sendmail.Though I am able to send the text but it is not sending as attachment. Could you please look into the code and let me know where I have gone wrong fdate=`date %Y%j`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail with attachment

Hello people, I only have sendmail and uuencode on a Oracle (RH) linux server. While: /usr/bin/uuencode awr.html awr.html | /usr/sbin/sendmail myemail@company.com Is working fine, the ideal for me is to do something like: echo "To: me@company.com" > /home/vasilis/msg.txt echo "Subject: DB... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with attachment in sendmail

Hi Folks I have below code, which is able to successfully send the content of the output file as html which is body, but i did tried uuencode & mailx -a for sending attachments but to no avail. cat - ${Output_File} <<EOF| /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -t #From: ${MAILFROM} To: ${MAILTO} Subject:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending mail with attachment(image) using sendmail in Linux(ksh)

Hi guys, I am trying to send a mail with below command which is working fine. $FilePath_mail have To,From and other information along with mail body which is in HTML format. I want to have image(logo) in the body. So just wanted to send it as an an attachment. /usr/sbin/sendmail -t <... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balakrishnaps
1 Replies
SMRSH(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  SMRSH(8)

NAME
smrsh - restricted shell for sendmail SYNOPSIS
smrsh -c command DESCRIPTION
The smrsh program is intended as a replacement for sh for use in the ``prog'' mailer in sendmail(8) configuration files. It sharply limits the commands that can be run using the ``|program'' syntax of sendmail in order to improve the over all security of your system. Briefly, even if a ``bad guy'' can get sendmail to run a program without going through an alias or forward file, smrsh limits the set of programs that he or she can execute. Briefly, smrsh limits programs to be in a single directory, by default /usr/lib/sendmail.d/bin/ allowing the system administrator to choose the set of acceptable commands, and to the shell builtin commands ``exec'', ``exit'', and ``echo''. It also rejects any commands with the characters ``', `<', `>', `;', `$', `(', `)', ` ' (carriage return), or ` ' (newline) on the command line to prevent ``end run'' attacks. It allows ``||'' and ``&&'' to enable commands like: ``"|exec /usr/local/bin/filter || exit 75"'' Initial pathnames on programs are stripped, so forwarding to ``/usr/bin/vacation'', ``/usr/bin/vacation'', ``/home/server/mydir/bin/vaca- tion'', and ``vacation'' all actually forward to `/usr/lib/sendmail.d/bin/vacation''. System administrators should be conservative about populating the /usr/lib/sendmail.d/bin/ directory. For example, a reasonable additions is vacation(1), and the like. No matter how brow-beaten you may be, never include any shell or shell-like program (such as perl(1)) in the /usr/lib/sendmail.d/bin/ directory. Note that this does not restrict the use of shell or perl scripts in the /usr/lib/sendmail.d/bin/ directory (using the ``#!'' syntax); it simply disallows execution of arbitrary programs. Also, including mail filtering programs such as procmail(1) is a very bad idea. procmail(1) allows users to run arbitrary programs in their procmailrc(5). COMPILATION
Compilation should be trivial on most systems. You may need to use -DSMRSH_PATH="path" to adjust the default search path (defaults to ``/bin:/usr/bin'') and/or -DSMRSH_CMDDIR="dir" to change the default program directory (defaults to ``/usr/lib/sendmail.d/bin/''). FILES
/usr/lib/sendmail.d/bin/ - default directory for restricted programs on SuSE Linux SEE ALSO
sendmail(8) $Date: 2004/08/06 03:55:35 $ SMRSH(8)