Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris packages for Oracle grid infrastructure installation Post 302871921 by bartus11 on Thursday 7th of November 2013 10:10:14 AM
Old 11-07-2013
You should familiarize yourself with software management in Solaris 11. It is quite different from Solaris 10 way of working with packages. Take a look at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ar...s-1865035.html
To check for the two packages you specified, run this:
Code:
pkg info pkg://solaris/developer/build/make pkg://solaris/developer/assembler

This User Gave Thanks to bartus11 For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 8 Oracle 9i Installation

Hello; I am hoping that one of you Guru's out there has run across this problem and can tell me exactly where I am messing up. I have a Sun Ultra 10 with 1GB of memory and 2GB of swap space. I am trying to install Oracle 9i on the system. All goes well with the installation until the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rambo15
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Oracle 10G installation on Solaris 9

Hi Guys, I need to install Oracle 10g on solaris 9, the server is not in cluster. The server is already running applications like OVO and Weblogic. Can you guys please tell me the steps to do this and what paramaters ( Kernal and otherwise) which need to be modified? There will be about 100... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitinkgoud
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Oracle Installation on Solaris

Hello. I have just finished installation of solaris 10 and would now like to install oracle 10g . I have got the CD of same - copied the zip file of CD to system ... unzipped the contents using gunzip. Got a folder /database/ created. But I am not able to locate runInstaller in the folder's... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
5 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

Installation Guide for Solaris Cluster 3.2 Software and Oracle 10g Release 2 Real App

Here are steps for installing the Solaris 10 11/06 OS, Solaris Cluster (formerly Sun Cluster) 3.2 software, QFS 4.5, and Oracle 10gR2 RAC. Also provided are instructions on how to configure QFS and Solaris Volume Manager for use with Oracle 10gR2 RAC. More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Oracle 10 on Solaris 10 installation

Good evening, I am trying to install the oracle 10 in Solaris 10 and oracle requires following patches to be installed: 117837-08 117846-19 118682-01 I have downloaded above from sunsolve.com and when I add the patch with following command: patchadd -M xxxxx the are not installed... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aa_monster
10 Replies

6. Solaris

Prep for Oracle Installation on solaris 10 gone wrong

Hi All, I was trying to install Oracle 10g on Solaris 10 using instructions of Solaris 8. I realized about the document mismatch later on. There are some changes enlisted in the Solaris 8 set up which are not applicable to Solaris 10. I came to know about this when the IP address in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumeet
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Issue with Oracle 10 installation on Solaris 10

Hi all, After implementing all the pre install set up in Solaris I triggered the oracle DB install. I am doing it directly from the local machine console and I got the following error - Checking monitor: must be configured to display at least 256 colors >>> Could not execute auto check... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumeet
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris packages and installation query

Hi, Need a small help Bash$> pkginfo | grep -i compress system SUNWbzip The bzip compression utility system SUNWgzip The GNU Zip (gzip) compression utility system SUNWzip The Info-Zip (zip)... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies
yumdb(8)																  yumdb(8)

NAME
yumdb - query and alter the Yum database SYNOPSIS
yumdb [command] [packages ...] DESCRIPTION
This command is used to query and alter the yum database, which is a simple key value store used in conjunction with the rpm database. Any installed package can have arbitrary data in the yum database, however the main use case is to store extra data about packages as they are installed. yumdb commands are: yumdb get <key> [pkg-wildcard]... This command will get the value for the given key, limiting to any specified packages. yumdb set <key> <value> [pkg-wildcard]... This command will set the value for the given key, to the given value, limiting to any specified packages. yumdb del <key> [pkg-wildcard]... This command will delete the given key, limiting to any specified packages. yumdb rename <old-key> <new-key> [pkg-wildcard]... This command will rename the given old-key, to the given new-key, limiting to any specified packages. If the old-key does not exist, noth- ing happens. yumdb rename-force <old-key> <new-key> [pkg-wildcard]... This command will rename the given old-key, to the given new-key, limiting to any specified packages. If the old-key does not exist, new- key is deleted. yumdb copy <old-key> <new-key> [pkg-wildcard]... This command will copy the given old-key, to the given new-key, limiting to any specified packages. If the old-key does not exist, nothing happens. yumdb copy-force <old-key> <new-key> [pkg-wildcard]... This command will copy the given old-key, to the given new-key, limiting to any specified packages. If the old-key does not exist, new-key is deleted. yumdb search <key> <wildcard>... This command will search all packages for the given key, against any of the given wildcard values. yumdb exist <key> [pkg-wildcard]... This command will print any packages which have the given key, limiting to any specified packages. yumdb unset <key> [pkg-wildcard]... This command will print any packages which do not have the given key, limiting to any specified packages. yumdb info [pkg-wildcard]... This command will display all the data stored in the yumdb, limiting to any specified packages. yumdb sync [pkg-wildcard]... This command will add any missing data to the yumdb from the repositories, limiting to any specified packages. This is useful to run if you have had any aborted transactions (and thus. missing yumdb data). Note that "yumdb sync" cannot know all the information that would have been put into the yumdb at the time. yumdb sync-force [pkg-wildcard]... This command will replace any data in the yumdb from the repositories, limiting to any specified packages. EXAMPLES
List all the packages which don't have a from_repo key/value: yumdb unset from_repo List all the packages which were installed as dependencies: yumdb search reason dep WELL KNOWN KEYS
Note that there is no limit to the number of keys that can be created or what they may contain (for installed packages only). However this is a list of well known keys, and what they store. checksum_data checksum_type These keys store the createrepo checksum, and it's type, of the available package yum installed. Note that these are used by "yum version" to calculate the rpmdb version. command_line This key stores the entire command line, of the yum command (if it was called). from_repo from_repo_revision from_repo_timestamp These keys take values from the available package yum installed, and store the repo id, it's revision and timestamp. reason This key stores either "user" or "dep", currently. To mark if the user requested the package to be installed, or if it was brought in automatically as a dependency. Note that this is kept over updates. releasever This key stores the value of releasever, when the package was installed. installonly If this attribute has the value "keep" then this package will not be removed automatically by the installonly process (and does not count towards the installonly_limit). SEE ALSO
yum (8) rpm (8) AUTHORS
James Antill <james.antill@redhat.com>. James Antill 8 April 2010 yumdb(8)