Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Experience with libvirt netfilter API Post 302871837 by smoofy on Thursday 7th of November 2013 04:52:57 AM
Old 11-07-2013
Experience with libvirt netfilter API

Hi all,

I would like to get some ideas and opinions on matter of libvirt netfilter application in KVM environment. I am looking for some easy way to control it with an API and possible experience with that and its performance in real life application.

Thanks for all ideas

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Help in extending netfilter

Hi everybody, I have to write a module for matching in netfilter , extending the netfilter but I'm facing some problems can somebody guide me in that. I know that I need to write matching module working in kernel space and a program in userspace. I went through the HOWTO on netfilter-hacking but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trusted Penguin
0 Replies

2. Programming

extending netfilter...plz help

Hello friends i'm trying to extend iptables to include a target by which we can change the packet type field of a packet. For this i created a kernel module and a userspace extension. Now i face the problem that when i try to invoke iptable with the target i created i get an error message saying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

netfilter connection tracking

hi, i'm using tcpreplay to send a traffic trace to my wireless interface (the trace is been captured by the same interface). It seems as netfilter can't trace connections. Is it possible? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: littleboyblu
0 Replies

4. Linux

netfilter / iptables

HI, Is the Netfilter and IPtables same? Thanks & Regards Arun (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to run an API from a script and extract fields from output of API

Hi, I need to call an API (GetUsageDetails)from inside a shell script which takes an input argument acct_nbr. The output of API will be like : <usageAccum accumId="450" accumCaptn="PM_125" inclUnits="1410.00" inclUnitsUsed="744.00" shared="true" pooled="false" prorated="false"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Libvirt does not work correctly anymore on my gentoo

Hi, Since a year my libvirtd does not work anymore on my Gentoodesktop. In the meantime a used virtualbox. But I would like to have back libvirt. The problem was after libvirt should not only work with root privileges. I deinstalled all things with libvirt an kvm. I removed all things from /var... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: darktux
4 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

How to use Netfilter properly with IPv6?

Hello, on a PC with Debian 8 I try to use a Bash script with Netfilter rules so that only traffic goes in and out that is wanted. For that I set all 3 default policies to "drop". The machine uses DHCP to get its IP, gateway and DNS. And I never checked so I was quite surprised that my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SInt
1 Replies