Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shc : trying to test functionality "test" compiling but can not execute Post 302871709 by Kevin Tivoli on Wednesday 6th of November 2013 03:47:51 PM
Old 11-06-2013
Thanks for your replies..

I did use below to create...
Code:
shc -v -r -T -f script.sh

The issue is that, it works fine on "Machine A" which is as below
Code:
uname -a
Linux Machine A 2.6.32-279.2.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Jul 5 21:08:58 EDT 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

But when i move this script to "Machine B" which seem to be similar to A as below..
Code:
uname -a
Linux Machine B 2.6.32-279.2.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Jul 5 21:08:58 EDT 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Then, it throws these errors..
Code:
./tSch_Csc.sh.x
./tSch_Csc.sh.x: /home/MAIN/REP/*64241*./tSch_Csc.sh.x: No such file or directory
./tSch_Csc.sh.x: line 0: exec: /home/MAIN/REP/*64241*./tSch_Csc.sh.x: cannot execute: No such file or directory

I did try to copy the ".c" file to Machine B and compiled it and generated the script as below... but still no luck...

Code:
gcc tSch_Csc.sh.x.c -o tSch_Csc.sh.x

what could be missing.... or what else could i check for ...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk - to test multiple files "read" permission ?

Hi Masters, Iam new to this Forum and this is my first post. My question is: I've some datafiles belongs the type (A, B, C) in the location 'export/home/lokiman ' dataA1.txt dataB28.txt dataC35.txt 1) I've to check the read permission for each file, if it not there then I've to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lokiman
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"test: argument expected" error

Hi, No need to say I'm new to unix shell scripting. I have a very simple script that goes this way: for datos in `ls -rt $UNXLOG/26-Jan*` do export arch=`echo $datos |cut -d, -f1` if then export linea1=`grep Debut ${arch}` export horatot=`echo $linea1 |cut -d' ' -f5` ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvalonso
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

if returns "unknown test operator"

Greetings, using ksh on Solaris, I am trying to identify the current version of a package installed on multiple servers using if statement in a precursor to upgrading. I have searched the forums and have found many hits, reviewed 3 pages and have tried the different variations noted there. Also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 22blaze
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

error "test: [-d: unary operator expected" very confused.

Im trying to check if a series of directory exists and if not create them, and am having issues. All the instances of test return with the error "test: #!/bin/bash location_Parent=~/Documents/sight_of_sound location_IMG=~/Documents/Sight_of_sound/IMG location_AUD=~/Documents/Sight_of_sound/AUD... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: orionrush
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

please help me " aks primality test"

i want to write a shell script for aks primality test ,can anybody help me to how to use logarithmic and mod function in shell script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhijeet vaidya
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with error "por: 0403-012 A test command parameter is not valid."

Hi, im asking for help with the next script: echo ^; then if then printf "\033 query1.sh: export TERM=vt100 export ORACLE_TERM=at386 export ORACLE_HOME=/home_oracle8i/app/oracle/product/8.1.7 export ORACLE_BASE=/home_oracle8i/app/oracle export... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: blacksteel1988
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the significance of sh -s in ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh?

Please can you help me understand the significance of providing arguments under sh -s in > ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If test script error: "Missing ]"

EDIT: Resolved Resolved by changing the first line to bash rather than csh, does bash and csh treat the brackets differently? Hi all, I'm doing to some basic stuff to teach myself "if" I've written the following: #!/bin/csh echo "This script checks for the test file" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Meshuggener
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)