Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shc : trying to test functionality "test" compiling but can not execute Post 302871661 by Kevin Tivoli on Wednesday 6th of November 2013 01:47:59 PM
Old 11-06-2013
I have the same issue with similar error as below...

Code:
$ ./tSch_Csc.sh.x
./tSch_Csc.sh.x: /home/MAIN/REP/*64241*./tSch_Csc.sh.x: No such file or directory
./tSch_Csc.sh.x: line 0: exec: /home/MAIN/REP/*64241*./tSch_Csc.sh.x: cannot execute: No such file or directory

can someone please advise where this is going wrong...

I have also tried to compile the ".c " file manually as below which shc generated. but no luck...

Code:
gcc tSch_Csc.sh.x.c -o tSch_Csc.sh.x

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk - to test multiple files "read" permission ?

Hi Masters, Iam new to this Forum and this is my first post. My question is: I've some datafiles belongs the type (A, B, C) in the location 'export/home/lokiman ' dataA1.txt dataB28.txt dataC35.txt 1) I've to check the read permission for each file, if it not there then I've to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lokiman
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"test: argument expected" error

Hi, No need to say I'm new to unix shell scripting. I have a very simple script that goes this way: for datos in `ls -rt $UNXLOG/26-Jan*` do export arch=`echo $datos |cut -d, -f1` if then export linea1=`grep Debut ${arch}` export horatot=`echo $linea1 |cut -d' ' -f5` ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvalonso
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

if returns "unknown test operator"

Greetings, using ksh on Solaris, I am trying to identify the current version of a package installed on multiple servers using if statement in a precursor to upgrading. I have searched the forums and have found many hits, reviewed 3 pages and have tried the different variations noted there. Also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 22blaze
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

error "test: [-d: unary operator expected" very confused.

Im trying to check if a series of directory exists and if not create them, and am having issues. All the instances of test return with the error "test: #!/bin/bash location_Parent=~/Documents/sight_of_sound location_IMG=~/Documents/Sight_of_sound/IMG location_AUD=~/Documents/Sight_of_sound/AUD... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: orionrush
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

please help me " aks primality test"

i want to write a shell script for aks primality test ,can anybody help me to how to use logarithmic and mod function in shell script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhijeet vaidya
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with error "por: 0403-012 A test command parameter is not valid."

Hi, im asking for help with the next script: echo ^; then if then printf "\033 query1.sh: export TERM=vt100 export ORACLE_TERM=at386 export ORACLE_HOME=/home_oracle8i/app/oracle/product/8.1.7 export ORACLE_BASE=/home_oracle8i/app/oracle export... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: blacksteel1988
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the significance of sh -s in ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh?

Please can you help me understand the significance of providing arguments under sh -s in > ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If test script error: "Missing ]"

EDIT: Resolved Resolved by changing the first line to bash rather than csh, does bash and csh treat the brackets differently? Hi all, I'm doing to some basic stuff to teach myself "if" I've written the following: #!/bin/csh echo "This script checks for the test file" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Meshuggener
1 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)