Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to replace the date inside a node of several rdf files Post 302871463 by RudiC on Wednesday 6th of November 2013 08:51:59 AM
Old 11-06-2013
Don't! redirect to a tmp file, and then rename that to the original file. Redirecting to the org file will clear that before trying to read it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read i-node informations (date of creation)

Hi, I'm looking for a way to get the date of creation for a file. Is it possible ? I know that these informations are in the i-node but I don't know how to access them (if the 'find' command can do it with option -ctime, I have reasons to believe in it). Thanks for helping me ! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mullmafr
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare date and time inside data of two files

i have two files with identical no of columns. 6th columns is date (MM/DD/YY format) and 7th columns is time (HH:MM:SS) format. I need to compare these two vaules and if the date & time is higher than fileA, save it on fileC; if the value is lower, then save it on fileD CONDITIONS... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajiwww
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh compare dates INSIDE a file (ie date A is > date B)

In KSH, I am pasting 2 almost identical files together and each one has a date and time on each line. I need to determine if the first instance of the date/time is greater than the 2nd instance of the date/time. If the first instance is greater, I just need to echo that line. I thought I would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Node and replace line(s) preceding in xml file

Hello, I have an xml file whose contacts are like below: <Node>Apple <B>Value1</B> <B>Value2</B> <B>Value3</B> </Node> <Node>Mango <B>Value1</B> <B>Value2</B> <B>Value3</B> </Node> <Node>Apple <B>Value1</B> <B>Value2</B> <B>Value3</B> </Node> <Node>Bannana (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umarsatti
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for unknown date inside the file and replace to new date

Hello, Iam a newbies to Shell scripting. Iam trying to replace the date inside the file to new date. is there anyway that we can just use the pattern to search as "..." I have many files want to replace with the same date, and each file contains different date. Thanks for your help. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daro
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find week of the year for given date using date command inside awk

Hi all, Need an urgent help on the below scenario. script: awk -F"," 'BEGIN { #some variable assignment} { #some calculation and put values in array} END { year=#getting it from array and assume this will be 2014 month=#getting it from array and this will be 05 date=#... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaidhas
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Oracle sql queries from .fmb and .rdf files

Hi all, Thanks for your time! Regards, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: a1_win
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to replace old date with current date dynamically in multiple files present in a folder

I am trying to work on a script where it is a *(star) delimited file has a multiple lines starts with RTG and 3rd column=TD8 I want to substring the date part and I want to replace with currentdate minus 15 days. Here is an example. iam using AIX server $ cat temp.txt RTG*888*TD8*20180201~... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shankar455
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find all .sh files in file system and need to replace the string inside .sh files

Hi All, I need to write a script to find all "*.sh" files in /home file system and if any string find "*.sh" files with the name vijay@gmail.com need to replace with vijay.bhaskar@gmail.com. I just understood about the find the command to search .sh files. Please help me on this. find / -name... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhas85
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to replace a parameter(variable) date value inside a text files daily with current date?

Hello All, we what we call a parameter file (.txt) where my application read dynamic values when the job is triggered, one of such values are below: abc.txt ------------------ line1 line2 line3 $$EDWS_DATE_INSERT=08-27-2019 line4 $$EDWS_PREV_DATE_INSERT=08-26-2019 I am trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeepp
1 Replies
zipnote(1)						      General Commands Manual							zipnote(1)

NAME
zipnote - write the comments in zipfile to stdout, edit comments and rename files in zipfile SYNOPSIS
zipnote [-w] [-b path] [-h] [-v] [-L] zipfile ARGUMENTS
zipfile Zipfile to read comments from or edit. OPTIONS
-w Write comments to a zipfile from stdin (see below). -b path Use path for the temporary zip file. -h Show a short help. -v Show version information. -L Show software license. DESCRIPTION
zipnote writes the comments in a zipfile to stdout. This is the default mode. A second mode allows updating the comments in a zipfile as well as allows changing the names of the files in the zipfile. These modes are described below. EXAMPLES
To write all comments in a zipfile to stdout use for example zipnote foo.zip > foo.tmp This writes all comments in the zipfile foo.zip to the file foo.tmp in a specific format. If desired, this file can then be edited to change the comments and then used to update the zipfile. zipnote -w foo.zip < foo.tmp The names of the files in the zipfile can also be changed in this way. This is done by following lines like "@ name" in the created temporary file (called foo.tmp here) with lines like "@=newname" and then using the -w option as above. BUGS
The temporary file format is rather specific and zipnote is rather picky about it. It should be easier to change file names in a script. Does not yet support large (> 2 GB) or split archives. SEE ALSO
zip(1), unzip(1) AUTHOR
Info-ZIP v3.0 of 8 May 2008 zipnote(1)